“Fairly decent stays.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Wildwood, Florida
“Fairly decent stays.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I've been staying at this Red Roof for 3 different Saturdays and can hardly find anything totally wrong. Reasons I chose this particular inn were a Sonny's within walking distance and a decent price for just one night at a time. Yet, the one real flaw of the two different rooms I stayed in happens to be the safe. In one room, the bolts are extended, making it unable to close and the second one has a safe without function. Apart from that, it's still a nice enough inn for the budget conscious.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stays at the property. I will be sure to share your comments with staff.
General Mgr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Do you know that you can stay FREE at red roof bush in tampa? well I was there this weekend and male with long hair told me if Ai see any bugs he. Would give me my money back and a free night. So I stayed in the room for the night and in the morning a black women was in the off I told her I seen bugs in my room. She gave me my money and her boss name I think is Bob gave me a free night this is the best ho/tel.

• Stayed June 2014
Unfortunately this is not the case. A staff member would be required to verify a problem before a refund could be issued.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Good hotel for those who want to save on Tampa near Busch Gardens .. but do not stay more than a day! The problem was the strong smell of cigarettes in non-smoking rooms and the strange neighborhoods.

Hotel bom para quem quer economizar em Tampa.. perto do Busch Gardens, porém não fique mais do que um dia! O problema era o cheiro forte de cigarro no quarto de não fumante e a vizinhança muito estranha.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Darwin D,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you stay was not as you would prefer. One of our biggest challenges is preventing guests from smoking in our rooms, as we are a 100% smoke free facility in our guestrooms. We certainly do our best to try and remove the smoke odor in every guestroom after each occurrence. I am very sorry but we have no control over surrounding neighborhoods. Once again I do apologize.
Bob M.
northumberland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Arrived at this hotel after a long day at Busch gardens, we booked via booking.com for one night,instead of making the hour journey back to international drive. On arrival at hotel few dodgy characters were lerking, a couple of what we believed to have been prostitutes, but as we were so tired we decided to check the rooms out. Reception was a dive, and the lady in desk yawned the whole time she checked us in, on getting our keys we were located to the back of the hotel, on driving around there was lots of mysterious dealings going on, we decided then we were not going to stay but still had a look at rooms. They were absolutely disgusting, I took photos for evidence and will upload one I get home. We went straight back to reception, where she must have known we would not stop, as when we walked in, it felt like she was expecting us and issued a full refund. The hour journey back seemed more appealing than having to stay a this hotel !!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Ladyburn,
I apologize that our property is not what you expected when you booked. The property, although not in the best part of Tampa, takes our guests safety very seriously and for that reason we provide security 7 days a week. I truly am sorry that our location was not up to your standards.
Bob Mucklin,
Cable oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Our experience with this hotel was a headache from start to finish! The 100% smoke free room smelled like smoke and for being remodeled the carpet was shredded right at the door. The front desk staff were enjoying their conversation with fellow employees more than worrying about customers at the desk! And the pool was dirty and the tv was out more than it was in! We won't be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello, I'm so very sorry that your stay fell short of your expectation. We have been installing a new television system at the property which did leave us with some outages for brief periods of time. Once again please accept my sincerest apologies . I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Portland, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed at this motel on Monday night this week. This motel turned out to be in the "less desirable" part of Tampa I learned once being checked in. I assumed (wrongly) that since it was by Busch Gardens entrance it would be a decent area but its pretty rough on this part of Busch Blvd. Lots of police presence and undesirable types hanging on streets. I typically stay at motels of this calibre and have not come to expect real nice furnishings or upscale grounds but this place is old and needs updating. The grounds were in need of sprucing up and the rooms were just so-so at best. Other Red Roofs I have stayed at have always been nicer then this one. The room was adequate other then not having pillowcases on two of the for pillows....not a big deal...could have been an oversight of the maid just forgetting to come back and put them on. The bed was freshly made and the room did have a flatscreen TV and refrigerator. Counter cleanliness around sink was an issue for me and should have been scrubbed more after the last guest. Cost of the room was $49 at AAA rate and thats all I would be willing to pay.

If you are a single person just travelling through and wanted to be right near entrance to the park, out of the other motels nearby this might have been your best bet. If I were a persons travelling with kids, I would not have stayed there I don't think. I'm guessing that the whole area has deteriorated over the past few years so therefore its turned into an area where locals don't wander into at night unless necessary. Unfortunately, the hotels in this area are going to suffer for business from here on out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Joseph S.,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Although we certainly try to have each guest encounter a pleasant experience. It is apparent that we fell short of your expectations and for this I truly am sorry.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Definitely not as advertised! Room cleanliness was almost nonexistent, broken tiles in bathroom, dirty tiles, broken and dirty appliances. Public areas definitely needed improvement. Suspicious activity in the area, didn't really feel safe. I can tell they hired a security guard to help improve that, but clearly not helping. Front desk staff was sympathetic and understanding. Good try Red Light Inn, but not the place for us. Ever.. Ever...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
I'm very sorry that are in was not up to the standards that you are accustomed to. We certainly try to meet everyone standards but apparently we failed in your case. We do have security 7 nights a week for 8 hours per night to improve on guest security. Once again I truly am sorry
Bob Mucklin,

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch? Share your experiences!