“Very poor condition, not as advertised.” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2307 East Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #128 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very poor condition, not as advertised.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed one night at this location due to a coupon. Advertisement stated "all new rooms" with refrigerator and microwave. The room was not remodeled, run-down, not very clean and no refrigerator or microwave. Fairly cheap rate but not as advertised. Will not stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Lynn W,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I apologize that your stay was not what you expected. We certainly try every time to insure our guests have a pleasant experience and I apologize that we fell short with your stay. Once again I am sorry.

Bob Mucklin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Quebec City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Not having paid a lot for the room, we only expected an average room and that is exactly what we got. Therefore, I will not criticize too much the state of the room although it was not, for us, as bad as some people mention, but certainly not as good as others mention as well. All in all, the room is OK, but nothing more. However, the location of this hotel is in the ghetto of Tampa and we felt unsafe. There was police everywhere in the area and this was understandable. The only reason we booked there was because we were going to Busch Gardens, but stay in another area further and drive to Busch instead. The area is not for tourists, not many restaurants, not many things to do near this hotel for people that are on vacation. If you want a place in the Tampa area where you can enjoy good restaurants and activities, we went for a day in Clearwater and it was very nice. However, if you like theme parks, go to Orlando instead.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that your stay was not as pleasant as you would have liked. I appreciate your concern about the area but that is something we simply cannot control, I would have preferred that your stay had been exceptional and I am indeed sorry it was not. We certainly try to insure that every stay is exceptional but fell short in your situation, Once again I apologize.
Saint John, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We wanted to be near Busch gardens and had just come from an awesome Red Roof Inn in Jacksonville so why not try it again?? No way. It was dirty. The bathroom floor was not washed and there were drips of pee on the floor. We were placed on the far backside of the hotel and we were concerned for our safety. We were also told we were in the superior king but it was a standard. Terrible place to stay!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm am so very sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as you would have liked. We certainly try to insure that every guest stay is a pleasant one. It seems that in your case we fell short and for that I truly am sorry.
Chesterfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We found pills on the floor from previous guest, bugs in the room, and a less than friendly staff when checking who also seems to an unstable computer system. They did not check in guest based on the order of arrival, but instead based on who had a reservation. When making a request to stay near our in-laws that were staying at the hotel as well, the agent was rude making the same comments to all guest that were checking in giving a "recorded message" instead of just seeing if she could accommodate the request. When we found we had no towels in the room, and one of us was in the shower, they did not have the manpower to bring towels to the room and we had to go to guest services to pick up the towels our self..

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel/motel/rat trap.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay was not as you anticipated. We certainly try to insure that every guest stay is a pleasant one that exceeds their expectations but it is apparent that we fell short in your case. For this I truly am sorry.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The place is nice. The staff is good and very accomdating. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone. The hot tub was broken but they were working on it. The shower was awesome! Had a great time while we were there.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms for animals and there is no pet deposit
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. It always gives me great joy to hear positive things about our hotel and our staff. Once again Thank You very much.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

During the processs of relocating from the west to Tampa, I stayed at this Red Roof almost every night.

The rooms were clean and Parul at the front desk was exceptional to work with. She made sure that any issues I had with my rooms were immediately taken care of.

For the price, this is a great place to stay and I would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. So often we hear about the negative and not the positives. I'm so glad we were able to offer you a pleasant stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to thee staff.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Aside from the ant problem in our room, our bed was infested with fleas. I'm terrified of what I'm bringing home in my luggage. This hotel is disgusting. I'm informing the health department. There is NOTHING else I can add to this review.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.
I'm so very you had a bug issue while at our hotel. Please rest assured your problem has been addressed. I'm so very sorry. We try to do everything we can to insure every guest has a pleasurable experience and we seem to have fallen short with your stay and for this I truly am sorry. I hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to better serve you.
Bob Mucklin,

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch? Share your experiences!