“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2307 East Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #126 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Not a good night stay. The front desk person was rude & short. I asked for a extra pillow, was told "No" that was it nothing else. Room smelled of cigarettes but it was a smoke free room. The menus in the room had burns all over them. The floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. Ok we were staying one night lets just get throught it my wife said. Took show in a trickle of water coming out of shower head. I have had better pressure camping in the woods by poking holes in a balloon. Took a shower in a dirty tub with a dirty shower curtain, the towel that was hung up for us to use had dried blood stains and pubic hair on it. I complained to the new front desk lady, she didn't really even care I got nothing out of her, no apology or even a concerned word. The poor attempt of a remodel is apparent in the bubbles in the wall paper to the new white caulk being applied over the top of the old caulk. Hint you remove old caulk first then apply new caulk. It looked like a caulk neoplitan. Before we left I believe I found out the problem. The cleaning lady if that's what you want to call her was talking on her phone the whole time she was suppose to be cleaning the room. This was a sorry sad hotel the I will never stay in & the I will only tell people to avoid. I'm posting pictures of the blood stain towels for everyone's enjoyment.

• Stayed September 2013
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I'm so very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectation. We do strive to exceed every guest expectation, however we've fallen short with your stay. Once again we apologize.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Perry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I don't understand the negative reviews about this facility. I stayed last week and it was fine. Room was clean and ready or use - roll in shower was totally accessible for me. Dog was met with pleasant attention. Took grandchild to pool and he had a great time. Lots of workmen live there during their week of working on highway construction but they are always just as nice as could be. Very quiet even though on busy highway and close to Busch Gardens. Will definitely stay again so as to see grandkids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your kind review of our hotel. We so often only hear about negative experiences, it is a joy when someone takes the times to write a nice review. Once again Thank You
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

To start off, the actual hotel rooms are a poor attempt to look like the pictures on the website. Your room will not be what you see in the pictures! The area is very sketchy with suspicious characters walking all times of night. I stayed at this location for one night and only stayed because I was told I could not get my money back due to booking through a 3rd party website. The first room had an extremely overwhelming mold and mildew smell in the room to the point where my throat immediately started itching after about 5 min in the room. This room also had a huge (pee??) stain in the middle of the bed, clearly visible. The wallpaper was peeling off of the walls to reveal holes in the wall. When requested to be moved, I was told that the moldy condition of the room was due to it's proximity to the pool and the fact that it had rained recently. With some resistance by the desk agent, I was then moved to a second room in a different building.

The second room, although it did not have apparent mold issues, was filthy. Went in the bathroom to find urine on the toilet seat and on the floor surrounding the toilet seat. There was pubic hair in the bathtub and on the shower curtain inside the bathtub. There were little black ants crawling all over the counter. One of the comforters had a series of stains on it which I won't even guess at what the stains were. Pulled back the comforter to reveal stains also on the fitted sheet. The beds were also not made properly, as if an untrained person attempted to make the bed quickly. My mother and I ended up sleeping in the same bed, the cleaner of the two. Before the night was out, I killed a roach that crawled out into the floor. I've stayed at Red Roof Inns before and have usually been satisfied however, I believe this location should not be allowed to carry the name. It needs to be renovated, needs new management, and better staff. Absolutely TERRIBLE experience.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here, spend a little more money and get a room at a hotel that at least offers a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry for the problems you experienced while here. We certainly try to meet and exceed every Guest expectation and I'm sorry again that we fell short in your stay.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place looks NOTHING like the pictures. When we questioned it, we were told it was because they had changed the comforters when they renovated a year ago (room did not appear to be renovated in the last decade). The floors were damp, the room smelled musty, the pipes shook when we turned on the shower and there were cigarette burns on the amenities. The woman at the front desk was rude when we went down to complain about the room, and explained she could do nothing for us because we booked thru Expedia and the hotel "didn't have our money." After moving us to a second unsatisfactory room she told us we would need to contact Expedia if we wanted to check out early, and she again could do nothing for us. The folks at Expedia were great and able to get us out of the Red Roof and into another hotel. We will NEVER be staying at another Red Roof again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so very sorry that we failed to meet and exceed your expectations. We do to to make every guest stay a comfortable one. I apologize once again that we fell short with your stay.
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

After waiting to be checked in for 15+ minutes (we were the only one in line) an overworked clerk apologized profusely and went on to check us in without any hitches. I got the keys to the room which was ideally where we would have liked to have stayed.But after several attempts to open the room with three different keys we were moved to the back of the hotel (ugh).

When we opened the door we were overcome by the muskiness emanating from the room (blah). I suppose we should have asked for another room, but they only had just so many rooms that fit our needs (no smoking, king size, ground floor since they had no elevator). Needlessly to say the room just purely smelled bad. I've never seen wood flooring in a bathroom but that may be the trend now. We pulled the spread back and slept on the top sheet, not between the sheets but on top. I slept in my clothes as I was afraid something might crawl on me.

The property need some TLC on the yards and room(s). If all the other rooms were as
unappealing as ours then this place is just about gone to the dogs. The next morning (delayed taking a shower until I got home) I went out to my car and found the hood and windshield splatter with something white, gladly to say a little water and suds remove it.

This hotel I know is not typical of Red Roof. I've stayed in quite a few others and they were much better than this one. This one needs to get on the ball and get their grounds and rooms in much better shape.

Room Tip: Ask if you can see the room before finalizing check in. Know and see what awaits you and be sure you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Please let me start by offering my sincerest apologies that we did not meet your expectations. We try to exceed every guests expectations but failed to do so in your case. Once again we're so very sorry.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

In all truth I did not stay here, I went to check in and was scared off by the smell and disgusting condition of the lobby!! Also I believe there were prostitutes in the parking lot !! They rent it by the week so you also have people living there . Yes it is cheap but not worth it when you have children, even if its just somewhere to sleep. 5 minutes away is the Ramada Inn which was only $28 dollars more and very clean and safe . I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I'm very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. The staff and I strive to meet and exceed all guest's expectations and I'm sorry we fell short with yours.
Warm regards,
Bob Mucklin
General Mgr.
Dunnellon, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at any motel or hotel. First off do not book through travelocity, the pictures they use are not up to date. The moment I drove onto the property a shirtless man approached my car asking for things. I go to check in and notice that the glass between myself and the employee had a lovely crack in it resembling a bullet. As I am walking to my room I notice I am being followed, the person follows me to my room and stands outside my window. The room was horrible. It smelled to the high heavens of some chemical. The ceiling was falling down. The light fixtures on the wall were handing sideways. The beds with not made all the way. The floors were dirty and there was a orange sticky substance on the dresser. I wanted to leave, I did not feel safe. I was told I could not have a refund because I had been in the room too long. I was in there for literally 5 minutes. Getting out of that room took over 30mins. While standing in the little office I notices that every time someone checked in the guy radioed the security officer a description. They offered no apologies but I finally got my refund & ran! When I went to my new hotel, I realized I wasn't the only one. The couple who had just checked in had some of the same issues. This Red Roof is nasty, I would not suggest staying there!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel, would be your best bet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I'm so sorry we did not meet your expectations. The staff and I try to exceed every guest's expectations. I'm very sorry we fell short of meeting yours.
Warm regards,
Bob Mucklin
General Mgr.

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch? Share your experiences!