“Do NOT stay HERE!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Dunnellon, Florida, United States
“Do NOT stay HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at any motel or hotel. First off do not book through travelocity, the pictures they use are not up to date. The moment I drove onto the property a shirtless man approached my car asking for things. I go to check in and notice that the glass between myself and the employee had a lovely crack in it resembling a bullet. As I am walking to my room I notice I am being followed, the person follows me to my room and stands outside my window. The room was horrible. It smelled to the high heavens of some chemical. The ceiling was falling down. The light fixtures on the wall were handing sideways. The beds with not made all the way. The floors were dirty and there was a orange sticky substance on the dresser. I wanted to leave, I did not feel safe. I was told I could not have a refund because I had been in the room too long. I was in there for literally 5 minutes. Getting out of that room took over 30mins. While standing in the little office I notices that every time someone checked in the guy radioed the security officer a description. They offered no apologies but I finally got my refund & ran! When I went to my new hotel, I realized I wasn't the only one. The couple who had just checked in had some of the same issues. This Red Roof is nasty, I would not suggest staying there!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel, would be your best bet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I'm so sorry we did not meet your expectations. The staff and I try to exceed every guest's expectations. I'm very sorry we fell short of meeting yours.
Warm regards,

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
lake panasoffkee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

3 days agoI left the Red Roof Inn on Busch Blvd. in Tampa and this afternoon realizing that my diamond ring was missing from my finger...My very first thoughyt that entered my mind was the bottle of lotion that busted in my room at the Red Roof. My mind went directly to when I was scooping up the lotion as to not waste it and how much wouldn't absorb into my skin. After deciding that it wasn't going into my skin any longer I wiped off the excess with a face towel laying on the counter and apparently wipeds my ring off as well. The next morning being in my usual hurry I emptied the garbage and dropped off the dirty towels (one of them containing my ring) at the laudry room just a few doors down. Well walking through Wal-Mart and noticing my ring gone I immediately called the Red Roof remembering the lotion incident. I spoke with the always so polite and helpful Ms.Monica at the front desk. I told her of my dilemma and she remembered me as I did her being that I frequent this motel often. She said to me, "I will check with housekeeping and call you back, give me 5 or 10 minutes." Well within that time period she returned my call with wonderful news. They had found my ring and I just about fell out with gratitude. I just cannot thank you guys especially the gal who runs the laundry room and Monica as well (shes always sooooo nice) and also a big thanks to the Manager Bob for choosing a great staff of honest and full of integrity. I just can't believe in this day and age that this ring has found it's way back to me. You guys are the best! I will never cheat and go anywhere else when I am in your area. LOL Again thank you sooooo much! Sincerely, Jeff Elkins

Room Tip: all the rooms are as clean as a whistle
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I'm very thankful for the trustworthy staff we have here.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were spending the summer touring universities. We are two young girls about to graduate community college and a discount was a plus when we found out the Red Roof would save us some serious cash. We booked online. The pictures made it seem like this was a nice place to stay. False advertising doesn't even explain it! We pulled up, a man walked up to my car and asked if we had cigarettes. Then we find a parking spot and check in. We can immediately tell we were in a bad area of town. The check in lobby is the size of a small guest bathroom and it was filthy. We get our room keys and quickly get to our room. We were being followed! A woman who stood outside of our room, trying to get money. The room was a disaster. Dirty, paint peeling, holes in the wall, messed up beds and tiny bathroom. After the woman left outside of our room, my friend and I hauled *** to the lobby and demanded a refund. It was seriously a nerve wrecking experience. Just down the road we checked into a holiday inn express and was immediately calmed down. I would not ever recommend the Red Roof to anyone. Druggies and homeless people flood the area. Not family friendly at all!

• Stayed June 2013
I'm very sorry we were not able to meet your expectations.
Miami, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Came here with my two kids and after two hours I had to check out. The neighbors were smoking weed on the balcony, neighbors slamming there door on my car and the place was just straight up disgusting. I came here because I thought "how bad can it be, it Red Roof Inn they are descent". Oh boy was I wrong. At 11 at night I grabbed my two kids and checked in Sheraton East Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I'm very sorry for not being able to meet your expectations.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Initially, I was dissatisfied. Due to the customer support from Parul (the associate at the front desk) I will be returning again and again. Many people do not realize the value of customer support; I am really thankful that Ms Parul is one of the exceptional service reps that is 100% driven for customer satisfaction.

Thank you Ms. Parul :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much regarding the service at our hotel.
lake panasoffkee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I found this hotel to be one of the friendliest and comfortable places in Tampa. Manager (Bob) as well Monica were the best. I will definately be back. Also the maids were very nice as well, the one that I had was so friendly and nice. She was from Jamaica and has a very good ora as well as a good spirit.They have a pool thats kept clean and a jacuzi that I found to be very relaxing. I had to rush back for business and the front desk responded with a full refund. I couldn't believe that they just made things so effortless and easy to get along with. The whole experience was just flooring to me as just how nice of an employee crew they have!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
It does good to the hearts of the staff and myself to read reviews such as yours. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went to Bush Gardens Amusement Park, and stayed at the Red Roof Inn, on Bush Blvd. about 10-15 min. away. The front desk was extremely helpful, Ms. Parul was Excepional. We arrived late and without having an Office Center she helped me to print the tickets I had purchased on line for the Park. She was helpful, courteous and the room was clean and oder free.
I reccomend the Red Roof Inn, if you are visiting Bush Gardens. Roy R.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank You very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

Bob Mucklin,

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch? Share your experiences!