“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2307 East Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #126 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were spending the summer touring universities. We are two young girls about to graduate community college and a discount was a plus when we found out the Red Roof would save us some serious cash. We booked online. The pictures made it seem like this was a nice place to stay. False advertising doesn't even explain it! We pulled up, a man walked up to my car and asked if we had cigarettes. Then we find a parking spot and check in. We can immediately tell we were in a bad area of town. The check in lobby is the size of a small guest bathroom and it was filthy. We get our room keys and quickly get to our room. We were being followed! A woman who stood outside of our room, trying to get money. The room was a disaster. Dirty, paint peeling, holes in the wall, messed up beds and tiny bathroom. After the woman left outside of our room, my friend and I hauled *** to the lobby and demanded a refund. It was seriously a nerve wrecking experience. Just down the road we checked into a holiday inn express and was immediately calmed down. I would not ever recommend the Red Roof to anyone. Druggies and homeless people flood the area. Not family friendly at all!

• Stayed June 2013
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I'm very sorry we were not able to meet your expectations.
General Mgr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Miami, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Came here with my two kids and after two hours I had to check out. The neighbors were smoking weed on the balcony, neighbors slamming there door on my car and the place was just straight up disgusting. I came here because I thought "how bad can it be, it Red Roof Inn they are descent". Oh boy was I wrong. At 11 at night I grabbed my two kids and checked in Sheraton East Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I'm very sorry for not being able to meet your expectations.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Initially, I was dissatisfied. Due to the customer support from Parul (the associate at the front desk) I will be returning again and again. Many people do not realize the value of customer support; I am really thankful that Ms Parul is one of the exceptional service reps that is 100% driven for customer satisfaction.

Thank you Ms. Parul :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much regarding the service at our hotel.
lake panasoffkee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I found this hotel to be one of the friendliest and comfortable places in Tampa. Manager (Bob) as well Monica were the best. I will definately be back. Also the maids were very nice as well, the one that I had was so friendly and nice. She was from Jamaica and has a very good ora as well as a good spirit.They have a pool thats kept clean and a jacuzi that I found to be very relaxing. I had to rush back for business and the front desk responded with a full refund. I couldn't believe that they just made things so effortless and easy to get along with. The whole experience was just flooring to me as just how nice of an employee crew they have!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
It does good to the hearts of the staff and myself to read reviews such as yours. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went to Bush Gardens Amusement Park, and stayed at the Red Roof Inn, on Bush Blvd. about 10-15 min. away. The front desk was extremely helpful, Ms. Parul was Excepional. We arrived late and without having an Office Center she helped me to print the tickets I had purchased on line for the Park. She was helpful, courteous and the room was clean and oder free.
I reccomend the Red Roof Inn, if you are visiting Bush Gardens. Roy R.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank You very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

Cocoa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

stayed 2 nights at this property and was impressed. the outside looks like the old red roof inn. however, the super king rooms have been totally renovated. new bathroom fixtures, new clean carpeting, molding on baseboard new and new caulking around fixtures was a pleasant surprise. the room was very large and clean. only negative I could find was a sometimes leaky toilet and a chip in the wood on the door. otherwise for the low price this was excellent. if you are only gonna sleep here while on vacation this is a good spot...1 mile from busch gardens and about 4 miles from lowry zoo.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

While i stayed at this hotel the woman at the front dedk made sure i was well taken care of. She accommodated any issues i had and even followed up on my stay here. Love her. She sent me better towels and sheets for my bed because i have severe ocd and that was very kind. Thanks.a bunch for not being judgemental.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank You, It is always very nice to heargood comments regarding the staff.
Bob Mucklin,

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch? Share your experiences!