“Just an Average place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2307 East Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #122 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Just an Average place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family and I recently stayed here as we just moved back to the area. The room was average. They did renovate the bathroom, new tub and toilet and wood floor. Not bad but the room did have a bit of a smokey smell to it even though this place is now 100% smoke free. I have stayed in the past when it wasn't. But someone broke the rules and I told the front desk but wasn't offered to be moved. That they would make a note of it. I don't smoke and neither does my wife. We can't stand it. I did use my air purifier so that helped some. I was disappointed as they don't have toothbrushes and toothpaste like most Red Roofs do. We lost ours the night before when we left them at the Days Inn in St Augustine FL see my review on that one. Anyway, I had to go to Walgreens to get new ones for my wife and kids. The Tv is flat screen and it did have a static noise when you would walk past it. The shower was good and had good pressure. Not too hot only warm. The beds are decent as they have been replaced. It hasn't had a complete re do only a partial one. New beds, carpets and curtains. Just an average stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for your safe charge to be refunded at check out.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear dicarlo2,
Thank you very much for taking he time to write a review on our property. Your comments help us to improve.We have had some challenges in getting people to not smoke in our rooms. I apologize for not having toothbrushes but we did have toothpaste and I'll be ordering toothbrushes on this months order. We normally do have both and we're sorry we had run out before your stay.
Bob Mucklin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am on a budget so I booked here and hoped for the best, and got so much more than I expected. I was greeted with delightful kindness by Parul in the front office. I told her that there was someone strange in the parking lot. She immediately called security, who was there in 2 minutes, and the stranger was gone in a flash. Parul made me feel at ease by telling me that security patrolled all night, till 5 a.m. Check in was easy and efficient, and the room was close and quite nice. I would definitely recommend this Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your great comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate all guest reviews, but the ones such as yours put a smile on the faces of the staff and myself. Once again Thank you very much.
Chipley, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Parul was my desk clerk when we arrived she was very polite and was ready to help us to get settle into our room as soon as we got there. While we were here at the REDROOF INN it was one of the best visits that i have ever been too. They were able to give me everything that we needed and they were able to help me with anything that i needed. I would diffidently stay here again because it was the best service that i have had in a while when i have stayed in a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,
Thank You for you wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. We often hear about the negatives during customer's stays, and it makes us feel good to hear the positives also. Once agaiin Thank You for your comments and also comments pertaining to Parul.
Palm Coast, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked on priceline. Walked into lobby. It was filthy! Checked into our room & it smelled like smoke! & there was a sign in the room "100% smoke free"...as it turns out all the rooms were once smoking. The phone in the room did not work so I couldnt call the front desk and complain. The sheets in the room were on upside down...to me that says that they didnt want to wash them. I didnt stick around long enough to find out what else was wrong with our room. We immediately called priceline to cancel... priceline called the front desk to see if they would authorize the cancellation and they said that the front desk said "no because they have been checked in for over an hour" and we have only been checked into the room for 20 minutes. I then went down stairs and to the front desk to ask why she lied. The indian woman said she did not lie. I then told her to look at my paper work because shes wrong. She then looked at my paper work and said "well you can only cancel after 15 minutes anyways" I was livid. She said that for the smell in the room the only thing she can do was spray it with fabreez. I gave her my keys and walked away to my call priceline again. As we sat in the car while waiting totalk to someone we saw four black male prostitutes dressed as women, we even saw one go into a room with another man. This place is filthy and disgusting. This was my first and last time staying at a red roof inn. We ended up just going to the hyatt by the air port

-rooms filthy.
-staff are liars.
-Male prostitutes on first floor. (5 rooms that we know of)

This place is rediculous and I will be writting a letter to corprate.

Room Tip: DONT STAY HERE!! Spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,
I do apologize for your unpleasant experience.
Catskill, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is a complete nightmare starting with the drug dealers hanging out at the front doors, which were locked for "security" reasons. We were told the manager was out back breaking up a fight so he couldn't come to the door when we asked for him. So instead of risking being robbed or killed, we just decided to move on. First and last experience at a Red Roof -- went to the Hampton Inn and slept like a baby!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn. --- much safer !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,
I do apologize for your bad experience. I am new to this hotel for about 3 weeks. I do not know who may have told you that I was out back breaking up a fight , but that was not the case as I have not had to break up a fight since arriving on property. Once again i apologize for any unpleasant experience.
General Mgr.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel was supposed to be 100% smoke free. As soon as we opened the door the stale smell of smoke hit me. Strike #1. There was no hair dryer in the room so my husband called the front desk. They told him they used to have one but someone never returned it. Strike #2. As we were looking for our room we saw some women leave one room and head to other rooms. Nothing weird about that. We were leaving at 4:30AM and these women were still out and about. As the saying goes if it looks like something and acts like something it probably is something. Well we are pretty sure they were ladies of the night! Strike #3. The air conditioner was a wall unit under the window like many hotels. The one in our room didn't work after a very hot sunny day. Strike #4. We were pretty tired after a day at Epcot and wanted to get near the Tampa airport to fly home. So my normal gut instincts were not up to par. As I think of back I keep asking myself why didn't you go back to the front desk and ask for your money back? The smell of stale smoke should have been my first clue! I did not sleep very well because I felt totally out of my element. I am not some prissy person but this place just made me feel uncomfortable. I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn and quiet frankly I will never stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello,
I'm so sorry regarding the issue's during your stay. We try very hard to prevent guests from smoking in our rooms, as we are 100% non smoking. I'm sorry that yur room smelled of smoke. For future reference please notify the front desk with any concerns as we might have been able to change your room or address the smokey scent in your room.I truly a sorry.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The front desk manager, Parul, and other staffers were very helpful and kindly. The rate is reasonable and quite a few places to grab a meal are nearby. The free WiFi and large-screen television are appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your compliments. It is always a pleasure to hear good comments about our staff.
Bob Mucklin

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch? Share your experiences!