“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Palm Coast, Florida
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked on priceline. Walked into lobby. It was filthy! Checked into our room & it smelled like smoke! & there was a sign in the room "100% smoke free"...as it turns out all the rooms were once smoking. The phone in the room did not work so I couldnt call the front desk and complain. The sheets in the room were on upside down...to me that says that they didnt want to wash them. I didnt stick around long enough to find out what else was wrong with our room. We immediately called priceline to cancel... priceline called the front desk to see if they would authorize the cancellation and they said that the front desk said "no because they have been checked in for over an hour" and we have only been checked into the room for 20 minutes. I then went down stairs and to the front desk to ask why she lied. The indian woman said she did not lie. I then told her to look at my paper work because shes wrong. She then looked at my paper work and said "well you can only cancel after 15 minutes anyways" I was livid. She said that for the smell in the room the only thing she can do was spray it with fabreez. I gave her my keys and walked away to my call priceline again. As we sat in the car while waiting totalk to someone we saw four black male prostitutes dressed as women, we even saw one go into a room with another man. This place is filthy and disgusting. This was my first and last time staying at a red roof inn. We ended up just going to the hyatt by the air port

-rooms filthy.
-staff are liars.
-Male prostitutes on first floor. (5 rooms that we know of)

This place is rediculous and I will be writting a letter to corprate.

Room Tip: DONT STAY HERE!! Spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello,
I do apologize for your unpleasant experience.
Bob Mucklin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Catskill, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is a complete nightmare starting with the drug dealers hanging out at the front doors, which were locked for "security" reasons. We were told the manager was out back breaking up a fight so he couldn't come to the door when we asked for him. So instead of risking being robbed or killed, we just decided to move on. First and last experience at a Red Roof -- went to the Hampton Inn and slept like a baby!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn. --- much safer !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,
I do apologize for your bad experience. I am new to this hotel for about 3 weeks. I do not know who may have told you that I was out back breaking up a fight , but that was not the case as I have not had to break up a fight since arriving on property. Once again i apologize for any unpleasant experience.
General Mgr.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel was supposed to be 100% smoke free. As soon as we opened the door the stale smell of smoke hit me. Strike #1. There was no hair dryer in the room so my husband called the front desk. They told him they used to have one but someone never returned it. Strike #2. As we were looking for our room we saw some women leave one room and head to other rooms. Nothing weird about that. We were leaving at 4:30AM and these women were still out and about. As the saying goes if it looks like something and acts like something it probably is something. Well we are pretty sure they were ladies of the night! Strike #3. The air conditioner was a wall unit under the window like many hotels. The one in our room didn't work after a very hot sunny day. Strike #4. We were pretty tired after a day at Epcot and wanted to get near the Tampa airport to fly home. So my normal gut instincts were not up to par. As I think of back I keep asking myself why didn't you go back to the front desk and ask for your money back? The smell of stale smoke should have been my first clue! I did not sleep very well because I felt totally out of my element. I am not some prissy person but this place just made me feel uncomfortable. I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn and quiet frankly I will never stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello,
I'm so sorry regarding the issue's during your stay. We try very hard to prevent guests from smoking in our rooms, as we are 100% non smoking. I'm sorry that yur room smelled of smoke. For future reference please notify the front desk with any concerns as we might have been able to change your room or address the smokey scent in your room.I truly a sorry.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The front desk manager, Parul, and other staffers were very helpful and kindly. The rate is reasonable and quite a few places to grab a meal are nearby. The free WiFi and large-screen television are appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your compliments. It is always a pleasure to hear good comments about our staff.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been here almost a month and i love everything about this hotel one of the team members name sharon is very helpful caring and always keep a smile on her face she put her job first and that is the kind of team members all jobs need i tell all my friends and family to choose this hotel over any hotel and they alway enjoy there stay

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much. It is always rewarding to hear of a guests' pleasant experience.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We are staying in Tampa, Florida for work and the stay is for 2 weeks. We pay every week, and somehow the reservation got screwed up and we didn't have a room for two days in BETWEEN our stay. Parul was incredible... She took the time to figure out a solution and wouldn't give up until she had one. I travel all over the country for work, and have never had someone care so much about my stay. So thank you to Parul for everything!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank You very much for you kind words. Parui is an asset to our team.
Nipissing, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Clean room, clean pool, friendly servcie at front desk, hot tub clean . Only drawback , no layndry facilities. Loved it otherwise. room service available , wi fi , 2 miles froem Busch Gardens and walkign distance from Sonny;s Barbeque and Red Lobster! Would do it again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You so much for your kind review. Unhappy guest are quick to write a review, so it isvery pleasant to recieve the good ones also. Sorry for the disappointment of no laundry facilities.

Bob mucklin

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch? Share your experiences!