“Looks like they were renovated.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2307 East Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #126 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Looks like they were renovated.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My daughter attends college in Tampa so I visit several times per year and have stayed in numerous hotels/motels. This Red Roof has improved significantly since last year, with new carpeting, beds and television. The money we save on the rate allows us to splurge on breakfast/lunch or Busch Gardens.

• Stayed September 2012
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I see you noticed our renovation. We are very prud of what we have done here and hope to see you again soon. Glad you were able to save a little at the same time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I travel for a living and since My little furry companion is always with me; I seek out RRI because of their pet policy. Booked room on phone which was easy and professional. Upon arrival I thought oh no hear we go again. The hotel is not in the best of areas with tons of suspicious foot traffic. Checked in with no problem, very courteous and professional. Was given a room on back side and was totally 100% satisfied. The room was spotless and smelled fresh. The swimming pool and Jacuzzi was open and clean. The night was quite and uneventful. I will return!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you very much for your remarks. I hope your furry friend had a great visit as well. Very glad you were able to relax and enjoy the pool. Hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I CALLED.FOR MY ROOM BEEN PICK UP. THEY NEVER SHOW UP!! I call for new cups . They didnt bring it .. Also house keeping never show up.and it looks more like motel .than hotel omg ..so many womens walking around almost naked ' waitting for guy outside ! DONT!! WASTE UR MONEY HERE PLS ,NO SERVICE AT ALL!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I apologize for your experience at our inn. It is our priority to not only meet our guest expectations but exceed them in this case we failed to do so. I have spoken to my house keeping team and reminded them of our goal to exceed our guest expectations and I hope you will give us another opportunity to do so the next time you are in town.
Inglis, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

it was the worst hotel i have ever stayed at. the room was dirty, cleaned bedside table and toilet before use. also the deadbolt didnt lock and no need for a wake up call their workers were there at 7.00am

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for writing a review. I will share your comments with the staff so we can correct the issues you have brought up. Yes, we are going through a renovation and I apologize for any inconvienence this has caused. We are very excited to the finishing of the renovation in the next couple days. Please feel free to call me to discuss this situation if you would like.
Stuart, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had just brought my son to start the summer b at USF, was going to be there late so decide to get a inexpensive hotel, I had no idea that i was going to be staying with gang bangers all over the place, car playing the music that the base was vibrating my windows, plus all these colored people hanging outside, It was very uncomfortable and i did not feel safe, and I travel the world, central and south america, bad vibes, and to top it off when i checked in the take copies of my license and credit card, they dont return them , nor do they provide any protection that the people there are not making copies in the back room to use later, they use the excuse in case you damage the room and cancel your credit card they are going to do what, sue me, they dont need these copies to do that, an extreme violation of my personal rights , and they didnt say this when i booked, otherwise i would of went somewhere else, do yourself a favor pay more and avoid this hell hole

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We moved here from the Days Inn, E Busch Blvd (read that review, after that I felt like I was at the Ritz.) The staff was really nice and helpful. The room was clean and smelled great. I felt very safe with security. The people below us had a fight and the woman was throwing the man's clothes out in the parking lot. Security was right there and called the police. The manager came over and told them that everyone in the room had to leave immediately. They do not put up with situations like this which made me feel better about staying there. I had my dog with me and didn't want housekeeping to clean while I was out so the housekeeper stopped by and gave me towels, soap, glasses and whatever else I wanted. It was a good experience for a budget hotel in the area and I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Let me preface what I'm about to say with these remarks. I have stayed at numerous
Red Roof Inns through the years, and the vast majority of them are clean and well
maintained.

There are two where I've stayed that are poorly maintained, and this one in Tampa
is one of them.

I usually stay here about four times a year. Two months ago I mentioned that a few
things needed attention: two lights bulbs over the bed that were burned out, there was
a steady drip from the tub faucet, the water in the tub drained very slowly and the
air conditioner had an annoying rattle that I could hear all night.

Interestingly, I got assigned to the same room a week ago and none of the work
had been done--not one! (Where is the supervisor who is supposed to be in
charge of the maids to tell the maintenance staff what work needs to be done;
are the maids too lazy to care?)

In addition, this location seems to be a magnet for party-goers, because I had to
call the front desk to have the security guard quiet them (this went on from
1:00 A.M. to 3 A.M.).

Tampa has so many great motels and hotels. This location is not of them!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch? Share your experiences!