“Nice house convenient to Bush Gardens” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2307 East Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #110 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Cologne, Germany
“Nice house convenient to Bush Gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We had a very good 3-day stay there with a really calm room, altough it was faced to the street - we were impressed!
The staff at the reception was very nice and helpfull, expecially Monica!
The first day our bathtub overflood. but this was fixed very quickly!

I would recommend this house to everyone traveling through and lookin for a place close to Bush Gardens.

Room Tip: rooms around the pool, close to the reception
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

All of the employees I dealt with were very nice and helpful, but when a hotel advertises "Non-Smoking Room" and that is what you reserve, that is what you should get. If the last person who stayed in that room smoked, the hotel should fine the person then clean the room properly before another non-smoking guest stays there. Our blankets smelled like an ashtray. When I complained to the front desk, the entire bedding was changed immediately (even the mattress pads). But there is no way that room can be sold in good conscience again as a non-smoking room. People operating hotels need to stay on top of these things. Besides the stench, even my 5 year old could feel the springs through the mattress. All this does not make for a good night's sleep. They also do not provide hair dryers. Won't be staying at any Red Roof again.

Room Tip: There is are Holiday Inn Express and as well as several other hotels in the area I would recommend c...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
MIami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

For someone like me that spends everyday on the road it is always good to rank these experiences, congratulations RRI Tampa, you are on my new top ten worst hotels list. Reason: "SHARON", our unfriendly, uncooperative, rude and dishonest front desk representative. I spent 5 days in this hotel along with another one night visit two nights after that, so I am basing this review on some substantial points and not just personal differences. Upon arrival on our first day we promptly went to the lobby to pay our bill, we were not greeted just asked for IDs, after exchanging cash I was denied a receipt which is not the policy in every other RRI in the country we stay at, we always get receipts with cash. We were rudely told that it was the way it was in Tampa and I would not leave without a receipt because I simply did not intend on returning except to checkout. "SHARON" finally said she would give me a RRI card with the amount handwritten on the back I had paid, after lobbying for a formal receipt back and forth she did nothing more than just that. As well the issue with the safe fees, I asked if there were safe fees and she said no blatantly to our faces and after paying cash I doubted her so I went and asked and sure enough there were safe fees attached to my amount, something that should have been cleared before we arrived that day because no other RRI ever has had that policy interfere with our bills. They simply dont charge us safe fees. Well the rooms were you standard RRI with sheets that were a bit more soiled from the signs of cigarette burns in the comforter and dark yellow stains on the pillows. Bathroom was fragrant with mildew and mold as well as the carpet. The only silver lining was the flat screen TV unfortunately it does make up for the continued issues with "SHARON". Later that night we locked ourselves out of the room and since it is two people one had to go get the key and instead of rekeying the door and sending back two keys she sent back one and said that when the other occupant returned both would have to come to the lobby with IDs to get new keys! Unacceptable, every other RRI regardless of key shortages would give you the two keys upon request. Even though she had seen and approved my ID earlier that day she asked for more proof of identification for some reason. It was late, we were both tired and it was an inconvenience to endure this process. Upon our second visit it was even worst, she said that everyone got one key and in order for the other key to be issued you would need to come to the lobby with your roomie and pay your bill together (which is another strange matter all in its self can she not handle splitting a bill or is she too lazy to do so) and only then will you receive the other key, well at that moment I also came to ask for my money back from the safe fees of last trip, it turned out that she claimed there were no safe fees still, upon persisting further with the matter she finally said to come see the night auditor at 11 that night, when asked about the new bill containing safe fees she lied as well and said there were no safe fees but the price was the same, it did not make sense, so she made up some excuse that her rates went up so it evened out to being the same price without the safe fees. I simply did not believe a word of it and guess what, that night when I came to visit the night auditor he informed me that there were safe fees for this visit as well and that upon checkout if you declared not having used the safe it would be refunded cash, why couldn't she say that instead of lying and acting like she does not really want to be employed. We were a burden to her, we were bothering her it seemed like, she collected IDs upon arrival as if we were prisoners and had us stand in line until called, it was not a pleasant experience at the RRI Tampa and all I can say is I hope someone in corporate discovers this "gem" of customer service and relieves her of making other people's stays here a living nightmare, she was difficult, unyielding, arrogant, and disgruntled. These are not the types of undesirables that I would think any company would want working at their hotels. My stay was otherwise average with the rooms being sub par and plenty of security around, there was a pool and deck that was somehow always mysteriously closed I would probably have to go give "SHARON" blood in order to enjoy that amenity from the way things went. Definitely one of my top ten worst hotel experiences ever!

Room Tip: it is near a major street so if you can in the back, it is really quiet in the back part of the prop...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
I apologize for your experience at our Inn. This is not the normal experience we wish guests to walk away with and our team tries to make every guests stay, one that is defined by outstanding guest experience. I have reviewed your interaction with Sharon to make sure there is no misunderstanding on behalf of the guests as to how our procedures work in regards to receipts and room keys. As this is not an experience I wish our guests to have, I have also spoken with the other members traveling with you to make sure their experiences meet their expectations and needs as guest. I hope you will provide us another opportunity to provide the level of guest service that we pride ourselves on.
Mark
GM
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I recently spent a night at the Red Roof Tampa on Busch Blvd. Monica served me at the desk and her professionalism was beyond compare. She is a true asset to the organization. In the room I was completely impressed with its cleanliness, condition, fresh atmosphere, and accessories. There wasn't a smudge anywhere, nor any of the imperfections I see in some other motels/hotels. The water was nice and hot and didn't run cold at all. The towels were snowy white, soft and fluffy. I had some difficulty finding the free local stations on the TV and Monica called me back in minutes explaining it to me step by step with the utmost patience that I required, lol. During a previous motel stay I was terrified that the non-slip material in the tub was completely gone but in the Red Roof I didn't have a fear at all. It was perfectly non-slip! When I departed I was craving coffee and lo and behold, there was fresh hot coffee and my absolutely favorite creamer in the world, Coffee-Mate hazelnut and vanilla! I was one happy camper and I even had a second cup relaxing in the lovely easy chair in the lobby. I no doubt recommend this facility without reservation!!!

Room Tip: North side is in view of the office which I liked.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011 via mobile

Bad option to stay. Rooms smell horrible and are too noisy. Place did not give us peace and confort to sleep well.

• Stayed November 2011
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My son and I pulled up to the Red Roof Inn at about 2 am because my son had school on Wednesday on 9/28/11. (This is my birth date..So, we slept good wednesday night. In the am, Monica discovered that she had several rms open for Thursday and made an adjustment to where my 11 yr old could access the pool easily:) We stayed 3 nights from Wed th 28th thru the 1st of Oct. Every morning, I would go done and have some coffee and I had a chance to meet the general mgr., Laura Hurst. She was very outgoing and courteous, making sure that our stay was comfortable. All the staff were pleasant, from the pool guy/ and maintainace man that helped me find the VA hospital to the cleaning ladies that had the same amiable personality. Thank you Ms. Hurst for the very nice Red Roof experience....Sincerely, Jon A. Stille

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Orange Beach, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

,BUT I thinI can not help how others feel,But I think it is a real nice place.AND,if it do not meet other standards;there are a lot more hotel/motels in that are to go too..SOME people you just can not PLEASE!!!!!!!! MS.ANN @ KAREN at desk was REAL NICE!!!! THE BED WAS MADE@TOWELS WAS CLEAN/NICE CARPET could use a little shampooin,BUT what do u exspect when people walk on it with dirty shoes all the time....ITS FINE...

Room Tip: we was on the bottom floor(my friend had a stork/no stairs) A/C put out fine COULD USE 1/2 EXTA...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch? Share your experiences!