“Friendly Staff, Decent Location, Satisfactory Room - Overall Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 North US Route 301, Tampa, FL 33610   |
Ranked #82 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Palm Beach, Florida
“Friendly Staff, Decent Location, Satisfactory Room - Overall Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We were traveling from South FL for the weekend to visit friends and needed something that was clean, in a safe and decent location, and was reasonably priced. This hotel met all of these needs. The staff was very friendly and both check in and check out were done quickly and efficiently. The room was very nice, was set up well (the space was used well to make it "roomy"), smelled fine and the cleanliness, while it could have been a bit better in places such as the corners and under the bed, was satisfactory. The bathroom was very clean. The WiFi was down and I was unable to connect to any other networks in the area which was a bummer, but it happens. There is a restaurant right in the parking lot (like 50 feet or less from the hotel) but not one attached to the hotel itself. There is order-in service from a local business that deals with hotel delivery available, but we did not try it. There is no pool, fitness center, and no other frills, but overall it was a good value for the money I paid ($70) and I would probably stay there again if it was most convenient to do so, since there were no real issues.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I had always been reluctant to stay in a Red Roof Inn- thinking not quite as nice as other more upscale chains...but the location fit my needs and I was very pleasantly surprised at the nice king sized bed, everything clean, near the highway but no noise and check in person very efficient.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
West Springfield, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

The room had hair everywhere! tub, sink, toilet, floors, on the sheets.
This was not a pleasant experience. Really old sheets as well.
We had just stayed in two other Red Roofs on our trip so this is not a good example of the value they can offer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and I decided at the last minute to attend Gasparilla in Tampa, and we wanted to stay nearer to Ybor City. After checking rates downtown (YIKES!) and in Westshore (too far) we decided to give the RRI a try. This was based on reviews on tripadvisor. I'm serious: WOW. It was further from the Bay (about 15 minutes) than we were hoping after standing all day on a parade route, but it was LESS than 7 minutes from Ybor City.

PROS: THE ROOM WAS IMMACULATE. THE ROOM WAS BRAND NEW. THE WIFI WAS SCREAMING. DONNA AT THE FRONT DESK WAS A SWEETHEART!! A WING HOUSE WAS RIGHT IN THE PARKING LOT. PARKING WAS FREE. BED WAS COMFY. NICE AMENITIES. NICE SHOWER! SPACIOUS ROOM!!

CONS: NOT close to the Bayfront area. Towels (TINY!).

I've seen a few reviews here where people grimaced at the location (caliber of people around). Well, it was Gasparilla, so everyone we saw looked like they had partied to hard. But the area felt safe to me; we didnt spend much time strolling around.

Its possible in a year or two this hotel will look beat up, but for now...oh my goodness, it was LUXURY considering what we paid for it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Livonia, mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

Got this from Priceline as 2 star hotel. Worst 2 star hotel I've ever stayed in. Almost run down twice in parking lot. Lots of noisy workers. Next to Hooters-type restaurant. Didn't even shower in the morning. Left as soon as I could. Wifi was o.k. Would have liked more recently purchased sheets and pillows. Man next door hung his laundry over the railing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Morganville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

There was a female at the front desk who was very helpful during my stay.

She offered me to use the front desk computer's internet service for a short time. She also offered to open the door for me when my hands were full/occupied to hold my belongings.

Even though I am away from home, she really tried to make my hotel stay like home.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend in November. From the time of our check in till our check out everything was good. The man in the lobby the night we checked in was nice and quick to get us our keys. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. You may want to bring your own pillows, but I always think you should do that anyway. Over all it was a good stay. You also get a good discount by booking online.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!