“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Grant
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Newly renovated rooms, comfortable beds. Pet friendly is a huge plus. The only problem was that the floor was dirty. Our feet turned black after showering and walking on the floor. It was obvious it had not been mopped in a while. Convenient location. Will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I will pass these along to the staff. I am happy you like our location and look forward to seeing you again. Again thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on an over night trip to Tue Hard Rock Casino. We chose the hotel cause it is only a half mile from there. Our room had a bad odor when we checked inn and it smelt like mold or mildew. The bathroom had black stuff and hair in it. Our TV screen was cracked and had a little hole in it so you couldn't really watch TV. The air conditioner was very loud when it ran and did not cool very well. When we woke up the next morning we were really sick and I think it was from the mold or mildew in the room or coming from the air conditioner. I will not be back here. It is in a shady area of Tampa and you have people walking around the parking lot all day and night.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry your stay was not up to your expectations. I will pass this along to the staff to correct these issues. I do hope you will give us a try again. And thank you again for your comments.
Kernersville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Clean,staff awesome, pet friendly....great price and good location...felt very comfortable! I would stay here again. The bed were very nice, good shower pressure ...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Yes we do have an awesome staff as well as a great location and rates. We always appreciate guest comments and I hope we will see you again soon. Thank you again.
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This Red Roof is a great place to stay! the hotel and grounds are very clean, and the staff is nothing but smiles. You are close to all the attractions in Tampa, with a good restaurant on each side, and Tampa Fairgrounds across the street. They also have nice rates for truckers!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your remarks. I am very happy the staff took care of you during your stay. I must agree our location does offer easy access to all the attractions in Tampa. Hope to see you again soon. Thank you again.
Spring Hill, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We always stay in the area when we go to concerts and have avoided this property because it was always run down and the beds were hard as rocks. While visiting a friend who was staying there I got to see the updated rooms and sit on a bed that was actually comfortable. We decided to stay there in the superior king and it was a decent stay. The staff was friendly at check in and we like being able to walk to Wing House to eat and walk to the Amp. Kudos on the new room design and upgrades. The only thing I would suggest is better towels, as they are very thin and small.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments, these are always welcome from our guest. And thank you for trying us again. I am pleased you liked our new rooms and yes very convenient to the concerts. Hope to see you again for the next concert.
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We walked to the Springsteen concert and next door to restaurant for food and libation. No swimming pool but very clean, quiet location despite being right off highway (easy off/on-I-4 and 301). Front desk staff very pleasant and accomodating. Dogs are welcome (although I left mine at home). Manager Mark very welcoming and interesting. Even a gas station next door. I appreciated that the room had a/c on when we arrived (had made reservations weeks earlier). Thank you. I would highly recommend and would definitely stay again next time I'm up in Tampa area.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back facing a greenway--very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments. So glad your walk to the venue worked out so well. My understanding is the concert was fantastic. Many guest walked from here and everyone I talked to had a great time. Thank you again and will see you at the next concert.
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Found this hotel when I came down last year for Sunset Music festival. Was very impressed by how big the room was. Ad the hardwood floor was different but a very nice touch. It was right off the highway and right next to a wing house. Everything about the stay was lovely and I would recommend it to anyone !

• Stayed May 2013
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guest. I see you enjoy our location as well as our new rooms. Being across the street from the Amphitheatre is a plus. Hope to see you soon for this years concert lineup. Thank you again.

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!