“Great Place to Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Rockwell, North Carolina, United States
“Great Place to Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Overall our stay was fantastic. The facilities appeared for the most part in great shape with a few small exceptions. The location was good for the area. Pricing was very reasonable and staff were pleasant to interact with. The combination of these things created a wonderful stay. We stayed in a Superior King room. Room was very clean and welcoming when we arrived.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I see you like our new rooms as well as our staff. I also see you noticed the great value we offer and hope we will see you again soon. I am happy you had a Fanastic stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Brand new fluffy towels, updated linens, bathroom has been redone, and new carpeting. They honored the walk in rate from hotelcoupons.com and it ended up being half what our usual trip overnight motel would have cost. I would definitely stay there again but may pay the difference to make sure of availability. It would still be less expensive than 2 or 3 other hotel/motels in the immediate area. Good overnight rest stop.

Room Tip: I don't know if all rooms were as good as ours so ask for a renovated room when you book or chec...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for you comments. I am very happy you enjoyed our new rooms at such a great rate.
We will look forward to your next visit with us.
Palm Bay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a review for Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds

The room was relatively clean and quiet. The overall experience, however, was average or less. Quality control with regard to equipment was poor. I had no heat or A/C, due to a faulty unit.
Additionally, management needs to improve their procedures with regard to the provision of documentation to guests: upon check-in, after they charge your credit card, no receipt is given unless requested - unlike nearly any other establishment. Only upon check-out is one given evidence of the amount of payment. I even witnessed another guest, who paid CASH, who had to return to the lobby because a receipt was not given to them. They naturally walked off, just like I did, expecting the correct paperwork to be supplied to guests. After leaving the lobby, then checking, we both had to revisit the office.
The surroundings of the property were somewhat bucolic, with the exception of some road noise from the Interstate freeway (I-4) not far away. Amenities are few. I did not rate the pool or fitness center, because there were none. The coffee in the lobby wasn't bad. By multiple sources, I was told that the adjacent restaurant, Ken's Wing House, has some flavorful offerings.
The property really is average, potentially deserving 2 and one-half circles instead of just two circles. However, I did not care for the attitude of RRI management, either at the outlet or corporate level, and, therefore, this establishment loses a half circle on that measure.
I will stay here again, but only if I can't find anything else while I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night when visiting Bush Gardens. We got a good rate because we used a coupon but what the coupon didn't say was that the room you get is a smaller room without amenties such as a fridge or coffee maker. If you do want these amenities, you pay the regular price. Not a problem but it should be written on the coupon, I think.

The 1-kingsize bedroom was renovated and looked clean. Bathroom was clean as well. I would suggest to choose a 2-queensize bed room if available because these are a bit bigger.

In the end, a decent room for a decent price but there are other hotels which offer more amenities for the same price.

Room Tip: Choose a Double Queensize bed- room to make sure you get a larger room. The 1 kingsize bed-rooms are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Tampa Fairgrounds Red Roof.

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have stayed at this Red Roof Inn many times. Although a low nightly rate, you get more for your money. No breakfast, free coffee 24/7. We enjoy visiting with Olga, who is the best employee ever! You are always greeted with a big smile! This location is very close to the casino; restaurant next door; safe location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. I am very happy you enjoy the location as well as our very friendly Olga. Our location to the casino is fantastic and I hope you had some luck there.
See you next time.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I'll give 4 stars...it was basically pretty clean and front desk staff were very friendly. I think it was the thing I had to kill that was crawling up the wall that turned me off a bit. But I know that can happen anywhere. Did not see anything else.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you comments. We do appreciate what our guest have to say about their stay.
I am very pleased you found our staff to be very friendly. I do hope you will return.
ocala
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Lobby smells like cigarettes although it's non smoking. We walked into our room and the smell about knocked us over! I actually gagged. Smelled old and nasty! We had to go to the convenience store to buy air freshener. Thick dust on top of a light fixture. Stained comforter, blanket looked dirty. l should have spent the extra $ and stayed at the holiday inn. Thank goodness we brought the Lysol!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your response. Please accept my apology for your stay here at the Red Roof Inn. I will discuss this issue with the staff to try to prvent this type of situation again. I do hope you will try us again and have a nicer stay.