“Ok for a night or two” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 North US Route 301, Tampa, FL 33610   |
Ranked #78 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Ok for a night or two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I'll give 4 stars...it was basically pretty clean and front desk staff were very friendly. I think it was the thing I had to kill that was crawling up the wall that turned me off a bit. But I know that can happen anywhere. Did not see anything else.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for you comments. We do appreciate what our guest have to say about their stay.
I am very pleased you found our staff to be very friendly. I do hope you will return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
ocala
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Lobby smells like cigarettes although it's non smoking. We walked into our room and the smell about knocked us over! I actually gagged. Smelled old and nasty! We had to go to the convenience store to buy air freshener. Thick dust on top of a light fixture. Stained comforter, blanket looked dirty. l should have spent the extra $ and stayed at the holiday inn. Thank goodness we brought the Lysol!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your response. Please accept my apology for your stay here at the Red Roof Inn. I will discuss this issue with the staff to try to prvent this type of situation again. I do hope you will try us again and have a nicer stay.
orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn over Spring break. I was looking for a comfortable and inexpensive stay in the Tampa area. Well, I got what I paid for. For about $80 a night (which it is not that cheap) we got two beds, a TV, and a bathroom. I guess this will be ok for a one night stay but not for multiple nights. There were no other ammenities (fridge, microwave, blow dryer, iron, etc). I would have had to pay much more for a renovated room to get them. Anytime, we needed extra towels and even toilet paper we had to drive to the front office to get them oursleves because they don't have day/evening runners. Needless to say, we will not be staying here ever again.

Room Tip: For the amount of money you pay for a double room with no ammenities, you can stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry we did not hit your expectation. I will discuss these comments with the staff. I do hope you will try us again in the future.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I continue to stay every week here going on about 5 years because of the people.
Vanessa has been there for a while and has always been very pleasant and great hospitality.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone for the location, value, and especially the service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments, especially complimenting Vanessa. I am happy she is able to give you the great service you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you again next week.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our stay here was for a couple of days, the room was very nice and clean. Loved the hardwood floors, with a little carpet around the bed. The people at the front desk were very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to help us locate a tourist place, they even printing the directions to our destination. Our pets were welcome with no extra charge. I will recommend this hotel to friends and family. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your comments in this review. I am very happy the staff was able to help you out with maps and directions. I am also pleased you enjoyed the newly renovated room and the hardwood flooring. I hope in the future you will be able to spend a couple more nights with us.
Orlando,fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I drove to Tampa from Orlando for the weekend. Decided to stay at the Roof INN i was very please with the rooms. The rooms were very clean and presentable. The only negative thing is it didn't come equipped with an Iron/iron board. I had to sign up for an Iron an the front desk??. The location was great 5-10 from Ybor city and 5 min from Hard Rock Casino. If you're in town for a night or two this would be a good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Right off I4, yet it was quiet. Room was very nice and clean. Although jumping on and off I4 might seem to make it far, it really is just "down the road" from the Hard Rock Casino. All the staff I met was super friendly. I did have to request more towels than they gave us and the TV seemed really dark, but those were such minor things compared to price, friendliness and a comfortable and clean room, that it didn't even matter. I couldn't imagine that the rooms really looked like they show it on the website, but it was! If Red Roof keep their prices so low, I would always stay there when in the area, and would definitely seek them out when in different places.

Room Tip: It is worth paying a little more for the King Size room. It has a microwave and fridge, and the room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!