“Sweet Living” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Melbourne, Australia
“Sweet Living”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Off the highway ( i4) and nice and quiet. Rooms are modern. Clean. And spacious. TV is modern flat screen design and a pleasure to watch.

Ribs restaurant next door is very handy.

Approx 14 miles from downtown Tampa.

A great place for a stop over and nice and clean and modern. It's walking distance from the fairgrounds if that's why you are visiting Tampa.

Room Tip: No pool but all good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed our new rooms as well as the location.
The restaurant next door does make dinner easy. Hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Raymond, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I would start by saying Jesse at the desk was great. Our check in was efficient and she was quick to respond (and help) with our needs.

Yes, there is a sportsbar next door. Granted, we were there at spring break time, but the partying in the parking lot of both Red Roof AND the Wings place made me feel very uncomfortable when I had to go out to the car. The front window in our room had a crack that ran across the entire width and the bathroom sink also had a huge crack. The floors were not clean but the bathroom was. Mirrors, TV, Window all showed a clean spot in the middle framed by three or four inches of scum. Our non-smoking room featured a blanket with a cigarette burn.

We stayed here because of the good reviews and good price. Maybe we just got a bad room but we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations, I will share these comments with the staff. I am glad Jesse was efficient with you and hope you will try us again.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I love the customer service at the Red Roof Inn Florida Fairgrounds, esp Olga who works at the front desk, very professional service, I stay there every week & she makes it easy to check-in and enjoy my stay, thanks again to Olga, she is the best!!!

Room Tip: Stay on the 1st floor
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Olga does do a great job for all our guests and it is nice to see her recognized. hope to see you again soon.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been staying at this establishment on a business assignment in the area. The rooms are always clean, the location is great with a sports bar right next door within walking distance, the staff are always friendly and accomodating and the rate is very reasonable. I especially enjoy dealing with Olga and Veronica. For the value, this place is tough to beat.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay. I especially appreciate your kind words for the staff. They do work hard for all our guests. Hope to see you again soon.
Peabody, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff is great and it is a good value. I have been to better Red Roofs but this one was fine. It was clean. The free wi-fi worked well although you need to log in every time you close your computer. Tub/Toilet area is tiny. Ker's Winghouse shares a parking lot with this Red Roof - great food at a great price.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are the same but I could be wrong.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. I do appreciate the nice comment about the staff.
They do work very hard for our guest's comfort. Hope to see you again soon.
Palm Bay, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My room smelled like cigarette smoke even though this is a non smoking facility. It may be because my neighbors kept smoking outside right by the AC unit, but I doubt it. I am staying here with my two daughters and did not feel safe enough to go back to the office and ask for a different room. The people that are walking around outside are shady looking and many had alcoholic beverages. The floor is also dirty. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for the issue. I will talk to the team about this and discuss plans to prevent this in the future. I do hope you will try us again. I will discuss with my team how we can encourage the use of the smoking areas to help prevent this issue.
Chicago, Il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We booked this place because it was close to the event we were going to attend. It was across a busy street so we still had to drive and pay for parking. It was OK but we would probably not stay here again. Free coffee is the only thing offered but when we went to get some they did not offer decaf except in small packets which we mixed with "hot water" (which was actually luke warm). There was nothing here that would make us want to come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Hearing feedback allows us a chance to improve and I will discuss this with my team. I do hope you would consider us in the future should the need arise.

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!