“business visit in quite place so close to Interstate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Inn & Suites

You added Vista Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Vista Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 E. Bearss Ave., Tampa, FL 33613 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #129 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Nashville, Tennessee
“business visit in quite place so close to Interstate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We visited recently in late October on business trip in Central Florida.
This place keeps adding new improved and practical ,but necessary things
at the facility.
Staff is exceptionally good and very helpful.Place is clean and close to USF and Busch garden
and other places of business and multiple Golf courses.
Place is so close to Interstate,but still quite in rooms to have a good night sleep
I will recommend for any one looking for family Or business trip at reasonable price in today' s
economically sensitive times where value and safety counts.

Room Tip: courtyard side rooms have good views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here for one night when I was driving thru tampa. And i will tell you that this was my worst hotel/motel/inn experience! Found french fries on the floor, "drug addicts" walking and hanging outside, candle wax up the walls and to top it all, bed was crawling with bed bugs! I will never come back, neither will my friends!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
OSD, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We are truly sorry that you had a bad experience here with us. We do wish that we had been alerted to any issues you had with the room sooner. We have a 100% gust satisfaction policy and I am sure we could have made your stay enjoyable. We would have changed your room on the spot. However, because we do take the issue of any bugs in our rooms very seriously, we did examine the room to find no bed bugs as well as call out a pest control company and the health department to check and no bed bugs were found. The room was still treated for any insects. We do hope that you would reconsider and stay with us again to see that we do take care of our guests and so that you may receive the service that would make you very happy.

Matt
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

During a storm, our home lost power for an extended time and I needed internet. This hotel is close to our home, so I got a room there. Had I read the reviews first, I might not have stayed but, since I went in unbiased, I did not see 90% of what others are talking about. As I travel in business I am used to staying exclusively at Hilton. This is not a Hilton. But, it is certainly on par or to much better than hotels in the same price range all over the country. They have a great staff and are a good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Central Florida, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room was supposed to be smokeless and it smelled horrible. There is also a homeless camp behind the hotel. The hotel is convenient off the interstate but if they want business, which it looked like they needed, they better improve the rooms or go way down on the price of their rooms. Awful place!

Room Tip: If all you need is a room, don't expect much. If you are expecting a nice hotel...continue look...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OSD, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear guest, we want to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay at our hotel. We try to maintain our rooms to high standards and apologize your room smelled like a smoking room. Sometimes we do have guests that smoke in our non-smoking rooms and we deep clean those rooms to rid the room of the smell. We would have been more than glad to switch you to another room had you notified the front desk. As per the homeless camp behind the hotel, it was on state property and we could not do anything about it. However, after multiple complaints from us and IHOP the state did send a cleaning crew and that problem has been resolved. We hope you give us another chance to show you that we value our guests' input and do our best to resolve any issues.
MaTT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place isso gross literally just walked in the room condoms on the side of the bed. Stains on carpet and phone doesn't work. There is a whole in the wall behind the door and serious trash living here. I set my bags down for a minute and I can't bring myself to settle in here even for a night. A refund just won't do it...avoid this place like the plauge.

• Stayed May 2013
saraswat80, Manager at Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear valued guest, we appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We try to maintain a very hospitable and clean property with friendly customer service. We have staff members available 24/7 to ensure our guests have a satisfactory stay. I apologize again for the dissatisfactory experience you had. If you decide to stay with us again I assure you that your stay with us will be much more pleasant because our number one goal is guest satisfaction and we waste no time correcting and resolving any problems experienced by our guest.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

On my recent visit to Tampa I was pleasantly surprised to see such a friendly and safe place
with moderate prices. My family joined me on my business trip to Tampa this time. When we visited we saw this place in good location, Easy access from Interstate ,plenty of places to eat nearby. Check in was quick and friendly. We were able to visit some friends and family nearby.
Staff was always smiling and helpful in things to visit .
No problem sleeping in spite of being close to interstate and busy intersection in day time
you can find places to eat in walking distance even late at night. I was able to do my work in downtown while family did site seeing and occasional golfing nearby.
I will recommend to anyone particularly for the price and friendly convenient place in today's market. Thanks

Room Tip: Ask to give rooms facing courtyard side, Call direct if you have any meetings OR need group meetings...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest, thank you for choosing to stay at the Vista Inn and Suites. We appreciate feedback from all our guests and we are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable and satisfying stay. Thank you again for staying with us and giving us your feedback.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was Springbreak and as anyone who wants to go to Busch Gardens but forgot to make reservations knows, you may have to head a bit more out to find a place.
However, that gave no right to the hotel for being 40 years out of date and having terrible beds. At the office the receptionist asked if you wanted a smoking or nonsmoking room. We said nonsmoking. Well, I guess she misunderstood us because as soon as we walked into the room the smell of cigar hit us. It was either cigar or stale air, and quite frankly, neither are appealing.
The only bright side was the iHop right next door to provide us a lOvely breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
OSD, Manager at Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. We take great pride in trying to offer great guest satisfaction with their stay, but obviously we have failed during your stay. I am not sure what happened with the smoking and non-smoking rooms, but we do have specific non-smoking rooms, and obviously you did not receive one. We have a 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy at this property. I only wish that we had the opportunity to make your stay right for you when you were here. I hope that you will give us another chance in your next stay in our area. Thank you
Matt

Been to Vista Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!