“New Years!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Inn & Suites

You added Vista Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Vista Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 E. Bearss Ave., Tampa, FL 33613 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #129 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
florida, usa
“New Years!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

For the new year we wanted to mix it up and celebrate some where else! So we found our selves in Tampa. We decided we'd go to Skippers and stay at their recommended hotel Vista Inn & suites. The first thing I see is a crowded lobby room with one little man working. He was bewildered and complained about how he hasnt even been able to eat lunch yet. Once we got the key we headed towards the room. We are then welcomed by a group of rednecks having a pool side argument. Then we try getting into the room and the door is jammed shut!! We then had to walk all the way back to the crowded lobby & get a new room. Finally we get in so we can start getting ready for the night. We then realize there is not one towel in the room! Soooo we walked to the lobby again to get some & guess what?!?!? They give me a tiny little wash cloth and say that it is all they have. Disappointing!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Friendly though not sophistacated staff,Good comfortablerooms with beautifull courtyard.
Very close to place of business and easy to get to interstate .
rooms were clean though they could use some sophisticated decore.
Beds were comfortable and free internet wireless which works good
It has small meeting facility at reasonable price for family functions etc.

Room Tip: call direct to get good rate
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

As a traveling musician, my new motel ritual these days includes checking for bed bugs before even bringing my suitcase in the door. I checked my bed in Tampa after driving all day and not having much time before the gig and found a nice colony of bed bugs. I took them in a cup to the manager and he gave me a new room only to find the plumbing was backed up. The plumber and myself unclogged the previous mess and I had an hour to get ready for the gig. I checked under the new room mattress and found a dime bag of dope, which I left. Don't think I can recommend this hotel to anyone. Sorry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I knew the quality of this place was going to be low based on pictures on their own website but we just needed a cheap place to spend one night while visiting Tampa for a wedding. The man at the front desk was very nice but the lobby looked very old and run down and the other guests checking in seemed shady. Our room was pretty awful, first the door wouldn't open and it took us several tries and a lot of shoving to get it to open (or close). The room seemed clean at first but closer inspection revealed a filthy chair, hairs in the tub, dirt on the pillow cases and fuzz on the sheets. There were giant cracks in the ceiling, the light fixtures either had no coverings, dead light bulbs or both. There were dozens of tiny ants crawling around the sink, some sort of flying bug in one of the towels and during his shower my husband yelled about a bug in there. The walls are paper thin and at 2:30 in the night the next door guest woke us up by yelling briefly. Loud guests walking past the windows sounded like they were right in the room with us. The pillows were crappy and thin. The positives were it didn't smell bad, the air conditioner worked, no one broke in the room, we didn't get bed bugs, and the person I called there after leaving was very nice about (supposedly) checking the room to look for an item we thought we might have left there. I have learned my lesson and from now on will be paying much more than $44 a night for the comfort of a clean hotel that I actually feel safe in.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I was pleased with the cleanliness of the room. Didnt have that typical musty hotel smell. Sheets were good. Staff was very friendly. Only issue I had was the door locking mechanism wasn't working properly but the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed September 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at Vista Inn because we wanted to be close to USF for an event and other places were booked. Location-wise, we were pretty close - about 15 minutes away. On the plus side, the room was large and clean, the bed comfortable. Conveniently, there is an IHOP right across the parking lot. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. We used the refrigerator and were glad it was there. On the downside, the motel shows signs of age. Nothing worth calling the front desk about but the TV remote did not work, the smoke detector was hanging off the wall and I had to repair a light socket to get the light to come on. There were ants on the bathroom sink. We didn't need the AC, but it would have been noisy in the night if we had. In the future I'd prefer to be closer to USF but if chance took us here, unlike some other reviewers, we'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay. The employees had positive happy attitudes and were always willing and able to accommodate us at anytime. The front lobby is open 24 hours and there were a couple of times that my husband and myself needed assistance in the wee hours of the morning and the desk clerk and/or manager were always up there. There was never a time that we had to walk around or wait for someone to notice that we were standing there regardless of what time it was. The personnel are extremely professional and very respectful. We never had any issue's or negativity, not from the personnel, not for the rooms, and certainly, not for the property. We had a wonderful stay. We have actually stayed here in the past and we liked it then, however, some of the review feedback that I have read certainly needed to be addressed back then. I can honestly say that during the duration of our stay this time, I do believe that those items have been addressed because there is nothing to share indicating that our stay had any negative findings. The property is well lite at night and has sercurity camera's everywhere. I don't know about others, but that is an additional plus, especially in todays world.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vista Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!