“Recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Vista Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Vista Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 E. Bearss Ave., Tampa, FL 33613 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #133 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I was pleased with the cleanliness of the room. Didnt have that typical musty hotel smell. Sheets were good. Staff was very friendly. Only issue I had was the door locking mechanism wasn't working properly but the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at Vista Inn because we wanted to be close to USF for an event and other places were booked. Location-wise, we were pretty close - about 15 minutes away. On the plus side, the room was large and clean, the bed comfortable. Conveniently, there is an IHOP right across the parking lot. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. We used the refrigerator and were glad it was there. On the downside, the motel shows signs of age. Nothing worth calling the front desk about but the TV remote did not work, the smoke detector was hanging off the wall and I had to repair a light socket to get the light to come on. There were ants on the bathroom sink. We didn't need the AC, but it would have been noisy in the night if we had. In the future I'd prefer to be closer to USF but if chance took us here, unlike some other reviewers, we'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay. The employees had positive happy attitudes and were always willing and able to accommodate us at anytime. The front lobby is open 24 hours and there were a couple of times that my husband and myself needed assistance in the wee hours of the morning and the desk clerk and/or manager were always up there. There was never a time that we had to walk around or wait for someone to notice that we were standing there regardless of what time it was. The personnel are extremely professional and very respectful. We never had any issue's or negativity, not from the personnel, not for the rooms, and certainly, not for the property. We had a wonderful stay. We have actually stayed here in the past and we liked it then, however, some of the review feedback that I have read certainly needed to be addressed back then. I can honestly say that during the duration of our stay this time, I do believe that those items have been addressed because there is nothing to share indicating that our stay had any negative findings. The property is well lite at night and has sercurity camera's everywhere. I don't know about others, but that is an additional plus, especially in todays world.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rolla, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This place has a FANTASTIC pool with lots of cabanas, seating, and little lizards running around. Loved it! The room, however, was a bit run-down. The recliner was dilapidated, the shower weak, and the carpets were threadbare. That said, I got what I paid for. Would I stay here again? Absolutely! I'm easy to please and the price was right, but I wouldn't recommend this place for a family vacation or a romantic weekend. Its best suited for people who aren't picky, are on a budget, and just need a place to sleep at night.

Room Tip: Get a room near the pool.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New Caney, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Thought I was staying at the Quality Inn, but ended up being a Vista Inn.... upon checkin I asked for room w/ microwave and fridge, first room they gave me had fridge, no microwave, second room had microwave, no fridge, third room has microwave, fridge but no coffee pot....if you are going to advertise these items in the room, then they should be in the room, it was an inconvienence to have to continue to move from room to room and that the front desk did not even know what accodomations were even in the rooms, there is an inventory issue obviously. Upon entering the third room, had to kill a roach on the wall, first thing. Stayed 3 nights as I was there to work and couldn't keep searching for a hotel. The shower is very nasty, no towels on second night, had to request towels. Washing machines had only cold water. Dryers were out of service. Not a place to stay even if just working in construction, usually I am not picky, but this place is horrible. No breakfast, not even continental. $62 a night, totally worth paying more to get more elsewhere. Staff workers were helpful, but didn't have much to work with. This is totally a Managers responsibility/fault.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I booked an overnight stay beginning of September 2011 not knowing anything about the hotel or its neighborhood. Made the reservation on another major site but being I am not a member, I was not allowed to write a review. Checked in, took a nap, showered then went out for the evening. Arrived back at the room (123) around 1230am. At approximatley 230AM there was two huge thumping noise from the front door of the room, apparently someone was TRYING TO KICK DOWN THE DOOR. Phones in the room were not working and as far as I knew there were no secutiry. Had to call Hillsborough Co. Sherriff. Thank God the break in was unsuccessful, NEVER STAY HERE ever.

Room Tip: stay anyplace else but here
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This motel was suppose to be "refurbished" but it was a typical 25 year old motel. The first room smelled like smoke, the second room had one roach on the wall. We slept okay and it was quiet, but next time will upgrade. This place is rather depressing. Worst thing, they copied my drivers license at check in. Hope that doesn't end up costing me!

Room Tip: Insist on non-smoking.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
OSD, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We try to ensure that a non-smoking guest is assigned a non-smoking room and a smoking guest is assigned a smoking room. Unfortunately, occasionally guests do smoke in non-smoking rooms. Once we are notified or housekeeping discovers that a non-smoking room has been smoked in, we try our best to deep clean the room to remove any lingering smoke-related odors. Sometimes, it may take multiple treatments to get rid of the smoke odor and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We have also hired a nationally franchised pest control company to attend to our rooms. We do offer a 100% guarantee policy, and are happy to offer our guests a full refund if they are not satisfied with their stay at the Vista Inn & Suites.

Been to Vista Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!