“Horrible Personel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 158 hotels in Tampa
floirda
“Horrible Personel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

Came to Front Desk to check in, Woman was so Rude and so unfriendly. I was there on business with my company. She had the worst attitude and I explain to her that she didn't have to be rude, she snatched the Room key back out of my hand and said If I didn't like it to Leave. I was so Shocked in Silence. I said I needed my Room key back that Again I was here on Business, she threw the key card back at me accross the counter.
I proceed to ask her name and I was going to report her to her manager, she said she was the manager. However I called this morning and Spoke to Jeff Morgan the general Manager and she is just a front desk clerk. Although he did apologize for her actions, this is unacceptable for Customer Service.
This has been the most unpleasant experience with Hotel service I have ever experienced.
Her name in Annette McGraw

• Liked — nothing First Impression is everything
  • Disliked — Front Desk Clerk Annette McGraw
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Indianapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

My family and I were only staying a short period to visit other family members living in the Tampa area. On our second day we went to the beach in the afternoon and did not return until evening, only to discover money and other items missing. The staff seemed very unconcerned and the local authorites were called. The sheriff stated he had been to this hotel for issues in the past, one issue being theft. The room key when checked showed only the housekeeper entering the room during our absence. We checked out the next morning with the issue still being unresolved and the staff still seeming unconcerned. The hotel overall is very clean and close to Busch Gardens but as I have learned the staff is untrustworthy. I would have been better off keeping our purses and suitcases in the car. Be very careful when booking a reservation here.

• Liked — Clean room.
  • Disliked — Untrustworthy staff.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Southwest Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

Stayed at this hotel after going to a concert across the street at Ford Amphitheater. It is literally right across the street and the traffic after the concert was a mess. It was nice to just walk across the street. The hotel is just average. They did have us booked in a room with one double bed and we had booked a room with two double beds, they blamed it on Orbitz. Not sure who's fault it was but they fixed it quickly. It is just average, the elevator is a bit scary (very small and OLD), the rooms were just average, clean at first glance but you could tell the room had not been vacuumed well after the last guests. The bathroom is small and we did not have enough towels. The beds were actually very comfortable though. All in all it was worth the money we spent ($88) and I would stay again if attending anything at the Fairgrounds.

• Liked — Beds were comfortable
  • Disliked — Not so clean
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2005

The hotel is in terrible shape - all the rooms are old and not clean - the staff is very impolite and not helpful in any way. We did not get the room we requested and received not even an apology or empathy that it couldn't be changed

I would never stay at this hotel again - there's a holiday inn express and red roof inn next door and I intend to stay at either of those instead of the baymont on my next trip to the tampa fairgrounds

• Stayed June 2005
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2005

Hotel looks nothing like picture on Expedia. Torn screens in the back. When I checked in I was given a room that smelled like cigars. I requested a change. The next room had a window that did not open and a sink with no plug. I took the 3rd room. The AC unit was dirty with salt spilled inside on the vents. The non slip pads in the tub were black. It is next to the highway but no restaurants are nearby - you have to drive 10 minutes to get to stores or food, other than the wing house next door.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2004

This hotel is awful! The lobby was very unkept. The floor was filthy.
The elevator was broken and even more disgusting than the floor! We asked for a nonsmoking room and walked in only to find a pack of cigarettes on the bed! This hotel needs some major maintenance! The sink leaked and the inside of the room door had hanging, shredded wood veneer! Needless to say, we did not end up staying at this hotel! While in the parking lot searching for another room at 10pm, we saw roaches crawling underneath the parked cars! To Baymont management: Please clean up this hotel! I will say that the manager on duty was very nice and very willing to give us a refund on the room!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa East Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!