“Great Place and Location for the money” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds - Casino
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4811 US Highway 301 North, Tampa, FL 33610   |
Ranked #82 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Lake Mary, Florida
“Great Place and Location for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Room was clean, right across the street from Mid Florida Ampitheater. Easy access to venue. Fast return after concert. Room had a micro and fridge, BIG PLUS! Staff was friendly and location was great! Price was reasonable. Enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a smoke free/pet free room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

watch for any strangers approaching you when getting luggage out of car! Excellant clean quality of room and stay. The only problem was a scarpe to me when getting my luggage and a strange man came from nowhere behind me. Said he was drunk but smelt of no booze. He followed me into hotel. I went to fro t desk to say something to attendant. The stranger went out straight to back door straight ahead of attendant desk. I mentioned this to attendant, you g man, but no concern was given nor done. This did worry and upset me. I didnt want this man to know where my room was. Othetwise I rate this hotel 10 plus. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Leesburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We have never stayed at a La Quinta before, but we were looking for a one night sleepover as we traveled to Key West, so we decided to give this place a try. It is an old property, but we've stayed at older but well maintained motels in the past, so we were open-minded. We are noe very close-minded about La Quinta. This place was very poorly maintained and dirty. The sink vibrated when we turned it on. The floor and walls in the bathroom were dirty and mildewed. The wall behind the TV had a large, rectangular portion of a different color with mounting hardware exposed - probably was a mirror there at one time. DO NOT STAY HERE! There are plenty of similarly priced choices nearby.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
Albany, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This an average hotel. We stayed just one night. Very close to the Seminol Hard Rock casino and fairgrounds. No complaints. The breakfast is the expected fare. It was fine. Priced appropriately. Keep expectations at a reasonable level and you will find everything acceptable.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is disgusting, I will never stay here again. It was filthy and need deep cleaned and renovated badly. The coffee was horrible too! Yuck! We will never stay here again. The price was cheap so I guess that you get what you pay for. The rooms smelled like mold and mildew.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Don't get me wrong I understand this is no Hilton, you get what you pay for, staff excellent friendly and very responsive to any issues that may arise. The room seemed dingy and dirty though, it had a ton of flyers from the same restaurant indicating the cleaning lady hadn't been in that particular room in a while, a ton of cigarette ash in the window another indication she came and did a “quick clean”, and the room had a smell :/ not sure if it's the carpet because the carpet did look horrible. I was very uncomfortable and felt like I might itch if I laid down LOL! And I've traveled all over and stayed in high and low end. I ended up staying because it was 1am and my husband and I were exhausted and the Holiday Inn next door was full, but had we got there on another circumstance... Oh no ma'am I would've definitely not stayed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was very disappointed. The check in was bad. I was told that my reservation had been cancelled in June. I gave the lady my confirmation number and told her that I did not cancel. She acted very abrupt with me and made me feel very uncomfortable. For many minutes she fumbled on the computer. We did get cards to go to the room. When we entered the room it smelled like cigarettes and animals. We were so tired and assumed that we would not get anything resolved due to the cold attitude of the front desk. Also, the AC was really loud. I took a sleeping pill to counteract that problem. The pool was nice and I talked to a businessman that had complained about people laying down in the hallway. He told me he had to walk over them. I would have really liked to have been told that this hotel allows smoking and dogs. We saw people that had an excess of 5 dogs in their room. The people staying in room 236 had a few small yapping dogs. I like dogs but not when they are keeping me awake. Lastly, when we(party of 3) came back to the room the second day. The key would ot work. My daughter who is 11 told me the same mean lady asked her what we did to break the key. My daughter replied nothing, we just tried to open the door. Also, There was only 1 towel in the bathroom. There were 3 of us.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds - Casino? Share your experiences!