My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night on our way down to Marco Island. Hotels were limited due to a concert in town, and the La Quinta had a room available. We paid a total of 94.00 for the night, but I later found a coupon in a Florida coupon book for $59 and on Expedia for 79. A fair price would be between $60-70. Let me explain:
Pros: new flat screen TV with movie channels, friendly personnel at front desk, location is near concerts and casino, sinks and mirror are separate from shower/toilet allowing one to put on makeup and fix hair while others shower. Bed is nice and comfortable if you like a harder mattress with soft pillow top. The room has a small refrigerator and microwave; a LIMITED continental breakfast is included in price. It was also quiet. We never used the pool, but did see it , for it is in a fenced area IN FRONT of the hotel. The parking area separates the hotel from the pool, so it is not private and very "public", almost feeling detached from the hotel. However, it did appear to be clean and well maintained.
CONS: Although we were in a nonsmoking room, our room (321) smelled like old wet cigarettes mixed with a musky smell. We actually bought some Fabreeze and sprayed it just to get by for the night. The carpet was wrinkled in one area and appeared stained. I literally hated the thought of walking on it barefooted. The furniture was old and chipped on the edges. No corner chair as the hote'l's pictures show . Just a large empty corner. The room appeared clean. I didn't find mold or dirty towels as others have stated; however, when I went to plug in my phone charger behind the dresser, I found an XL black jersey that had obviously fallen back there from the previous occupants and not discovered by housekeeping . Bathroom is VERY small and outdated . Plastic-like shower curtain and very little water pressure. You had to hold the toilet handle down for 10-12 seconds for it to flush all the way. The bathroom door was cracked and cut unevenly at the bottom.
In summary, this hotel might be OK for construction crews needing a place to rest when working out of town or a group of college kids on a limited budget coming to a concert for the night. I suggest booking on an online site than booking directly with La Quinta. Again, LaQuinta was higher, even though I specifically asked for their best available rate. As I stated in my opening description, you won't be disappointed if you know exactly what you're paying for . I have pictures to support my viewpoint and rating., but will need to upload them. Whether it's pricey or not is relative to one's expectations at a price. I felt that $94 was too high for a room with the attributes stated above, but others may feel it's fair for a 2 star hotel. You be the judge before you decide to book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.Located across the street from Mid Florida Credit Union Amphitheatre and Expo Park (home of the Florida State Fair), the La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino is the place to stay for fun in the sun. Our convenient location is perfect when visiting such area attractions as Busch Gardens, the Flo...see morerida Aquarium, Lowry Park Zoo, and the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI). We are only one mile from Hard Rock Seminole Casino and Walt Disney World is just over an hour. Enjoy many great area restaurants, and shopping at nearby Westfield Mall. Attending events at Raymond James Stadium and St. Pete Forum? Book your room here! For spacious, comfortable interior corridor rooms, stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino, where amenities include free high-speed Internet access, a hair dryer, coffee maker, iron /board, free local calls, and more. We have a guest laundry facility plus fax/copy services available at the front desk. Enjoy a tasty Free Bright Side BreakfastTM along with a USA Today in the lobby each morning. The hotel also offers a sparkling outdoor pool for your enjoyment. Businesses such as Roadmaster, and the University of South Florida and Tampa College are only 10 miles. We are eight miles north of downtown with easy access to I-4. Express checkout available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds - Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Tampa East Fairgrounds
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa East Fairgrounds Hotel Tampa
- Tampa La Quinta
- La Quinta Tampa