“Close to the Hard Rock Casino” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds - Casino
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4811 US Highway 301 North, Tampa, FL 33610   |
Ranked #91 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
A TripAdvisor Member
“Close to the Hard Rock Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

If you like to go to the Hard Rock Casino this LaQuinta is only 2 minutes away by car. The Inn is quiet and clean and has good rates, and the free breakfast will save you some money...I will keep coming back !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lauderhill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were looking for a room to stay for a night while we went to Busch Gardens for our anniversary. Since I have to use an electric wheelchair to navigate theme parks, we needed a room that would accommodate the chair; certainly weren't going to leave it outside overnight! I searched and searched the area, but all the accessible rooms were taken. Finally found one at this hotel. Only $70 for the night, whereas all the others were at least double that. Check-in was quick and easy. The hallway had that typical funky smell that many hotels have; cleaning supplies or something, no doubt. The room was clean and smelled fresh; the bed was comfortable. The wheelchair fit in nicely, and I was able to park it out of the way, allowing us to still walk around the room. The hotel was very quiet, and the neighborhood was a nice area. More of an industrial area, but the state fairgrounds are across the street.

Continental breakfast was free, and included three kinds of cereal, hard-boiled eggs, bagels, bread for making toast, and waffle makers. (Our nine-year-old loved pouring the mix into a cup and then making his own waffle.) The lobby doors lock at 9, but there's an intercom you can use. We ended up using the outside door at the end of the building, because our room key opened it and our room was right across from it.

All in all, it was exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

My stay here was great. I have to point out that all hotels have problems but Maddie at the front desk took excellent care of us.
The first room was great except the toilet backed up. She immediately moved us to another room.
I had some leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner but forgot plastic forks so at 11 PM she gladly gave me some.
I wanted to extend my stay another night and figured my rate would stay the same. When I noticed I was charged $30 more for the extra night I went downstairs and asked about it. Maddie checked my account, said my corporate discount was applied but she would see what she could do. I was ok with the extra amount if that was what the charge was supposed to be but she applied an extra discount and got the extra $30 off.
I have to say that I was impressed with the service and though there were issues with the first room I will gladly stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds - Casino? Share your experiences!