We chose this La Quinta due to close proximity to fairgrounds and Friday night concert. Never having stayed at a LQ before, we were careful to check Trip Advisor reviews and maybe expected just a little more than we got.
Overall, this place has a worn, dated look and seems to be needing cosmetic maintenance on many fronts. The pool area is one example, where a large crack around the entire pool is crying to be caulked.
The interior in general is pleasant but worn and not presenting a "real clean" face. On arrival to our room, I was immediately tasked with tightening up a toilet seat about to fall off. No details on the unpleasant tightening process will be offered, suffice ot to say, it further supports my overall cleanliness complaint. The bathroom is very small and disappointing, we don't like not having a sink in the bathroom - always prefering to wash hands BEFORE handling a doorknob and walking out.
The sleeping area (2 full size beds) was OK, with a fine new "high def" TV giving us many hours of Ryder Cup viewing. Not much extra floor space for suitcases and misc supplies we gathered for our 3 night stay.
The complimentary breakfast was OK also, not on par with others we've had at other chain hotels, but acceptable.
The hotel seemed to be almost fully occupied 1 or 2 nights and noise was never a problem - even in our 1st floor room, maybe 10 feet away from the parking area. The constant traffic noise by the pool drove us off after about an hour of swimming/sunning - busy road, many trucks adjacent to hotel.
All hotel personnel were pleasant and helpful, but La Quinta won't be among our top choices when planning future trips. Smokers hanging out near front and rear doors on several occasions are usually another complete turn-off for us, the cleanliness and the toilet/bathroom issues...so barely satisfactory...a 2-1/2, not really a 3.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.Located across the street from Mid Florida Credit Union Amphitheatre and Expo Park (home of the Florida State Fair), the La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino is the place to stay for fun in the sun. Our convenient location is perfect when visiting such area attractions as Busch Gardens, the Flo...see morerida Aquarium, Lowry Park Zoo, and the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI). We are only one mile from Hard Rock Seminole Casino and Walt Disney World is just over an hour. Enjoy many great area restaurants, and shopping at nearby Westfield Mall. Attending events at Raymond James Stadium and St. Pete Forum? Book your room here! For spacious, comfortable interior corridor rooms, stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino, where amenities include free high-speed Internet access, a hair dryer, coffee maker, iron /board, free local calls, and more. We have a guest laundry facility plus fax/copy services available at the front desk. Enjoy a tasty Free Bright Side BreakfastTM along with a USA Today in the lobby each morning. The hotel also offers a sparkling outdoor pool for your enjoyment. Businesses such as Roadmaster, and the University of South Florida and Tampa College are only 10 miles. We are eight miles north of downtown with easy access to I-4. Express checkout available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, LaQuinta, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds - Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Tampa East Fairgrounds
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa East Fairgrounds Hotel Tampa
- Tampa La Quinta
- La Quinta Tampa