“as expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #84 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Sylacauga, Alabama
“as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I expected an average hotel, and they delivered. Room was clean, but a little worn, A/C was good, WiFi worked OK, bed was not that comfortable, and both mornings the lobby coffee was weak. Average hotel at a good value, just as I expected.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have stayed at your hotel each time I travelled - this time was a Nightmare! I came to Tampa to take a very important position. I told the person that I was not familiar with the area and ask that I be put in the nearest hotel to my working address. I gave all the information that I possibly could to ensure that was a foul-up. I asked the person whom I spoke with to tell me how far the hotel was from my work address. I was told 2miles. I repeated it to be sure there wasn't a mistake. I left my work place on Monday August 6th
in a severe storm and drove for 15 miles in rush hour traffic arriving at the address after 9.00 pm. I waited for 30 minutes to be put in another hotel which was five minutes from my job site. It took me another 45 minutes to arrive where I should have been in the first place - and got an attitude from everyone. I finally got to a room that smelled so bad I ask to be moved . From 5.00PM to 11PM in the pouring rain will never and rush hour traffic. I will never stay at a LaQuinta again- this time it almost cost me my life. As a member of American Nurses Association (15 million) and counting I will be sure that none of these people experienced what I went through on the night of August 6 2012

Esther E. Sherman

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed two nights in this hotel. King room was tight and sad looking. Noticed black spots under soap holder in shower. Carpets had big spots on them. This old hotel needs some maintenance and rehab. Location is great as it is right across the street from the fairgrounds. I was sad as I expected more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
freedom1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Since May of 2010 (Moving to Florida) my wife and I choose only LaQuinta hotels as their service, cleanliness, and value is extemely consistant at each and every one we chose to stay at. Only once did we stay in a hotel of another brand and it was a clear second but we had no choice as it was for business and it was selected for us. I would not hesitate to refer each and every reader to LaQuinta and you can know that you will enjoy and be comfortable. I joined the club upon my first stay and have never looked back as making reservations is so simple and quick and I know that upon my arrival I will receive the quality I have come to expect. I even got a freebie because of the points accumulated by my stays over time. Love the free breakfast as it provides the kind of wake up I love.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I upgraded to a room that I could have the space to sit and talk as well as move around. The room had one single king size bed with the space We wanted. Would be nice to have a good radio but I set up my laptop to pull in the FM music station We wanted. It was a perfect romance get-a -way. We got a great location, quite, great service at a great price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Clean room and bathroom. Nice staff. Good value. The rewards programs adds up and gives you free nights.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds - Casino? Share your experiences!