“Good Place to Sleep Over Night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5628 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #33 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Zionsville, Indiana
“Good Place to Sleep Over Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The front desk was not as helpful when it came to amenities that were present one day were not the next. When ask about the issue the answer was abrupt and final. Other than the incident at the front desk all else was good. Just stay away from the front desk when you want to use the shuttle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, yesterday
I am so sorry to hear that your experience with our front desk and shuttle were not as you expected. Our shuttle service is complimentary for all guests and is provided based upon pre-scheduled arrangements. It appears that we did not communicate to you the need to let us know in advance of your shuttle needs and this resulted in an inconvenience for you. I am addressing this with the whole front desk team so that our future visitors are advised properly. Thank you for alerting us to this issue.

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
tallahassee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Room had a bad smell - mildew/dampness. Had to request a different room. It seemed as if several floors/areas had this problem. The staff was wonderful, but the hotel needs to do some maintenance regarding this issue.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, 5 days ago
I am so sorry that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our housekeeping and maintenance teams are both checking on the smell issue that you reported to the front desk. Thank you so much for letting us know about that so we can investigate; it is feedback from our guests that helps us to improve. I hope you'll give us another try the next time you are in Tampa.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What's great about Hamptons is their 100% satisfaction guarantee and the hot breakfast. This one more than goes above and beyond the brand standards. I mentioned that I needed a small issue fixed and they volunteered one night off, without my knowing until I got the final bill over a week later. Breakfast is hot & fresh and consistently attended to with a clean dining area attached. Staff on all shifts incredibly friendly and helpful. Laundry on-site and staff is happy to make change. Also small store with some treats and conveniences open 24 hours.
Pet friendly: this was great. I brought my senile dog and even when she peed in the elevator, (more than once, to more than one staff member) - so embarrassing! - they wouldnt even let me clean up after her. I'd ask for the supplies to do it myself and they would just do it, refusing to hand over the supplies. I'm still mortified that they cleaned up after my dog.. but my point is they really go above & beyond - all of them. Several FD employees were incredibly friendly, chatting me up over the course of my stay.
Dog fee was supposed to be $25/day so I expected another couple hundred on my bill... they ended up loving her (despite her antics) and waiving it.
I saved over $300 just as a result of their courtesy and kindness - a nice surprise upon checkout after a very nice stay.
Recommend, whole-heartedly. Good location too, plenty of food and shopping options nearby. Convenient to the fairgrounds as well as to the zoo and downtown areas. Perfection all around!

Room Tip: Nothing spectacular view-wise. Small building, all rooms are pretty convenient. Parking on all sides...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for recognizing our team's efforts during your stay. Every one of them cares very much about our guests and I will be sure to let them know that their efforts mattered to you. I hope you'll stay with us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The three night stay was excellent. Check-in & check-out a breeze. The staff was always helpful with recommendations for dining & routes. It was our first stay in Tampa. Nola the lady who prepared breakfast was a credit to the hotel. She was not only prepared at 06:00 but pleasant and smiling, with a smile each morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so glad that our team made your stay with us enjoyable. Everyone here knows that there is always something that can be done to improve, so as you saw, the work never stops. We just want everyone to be comfortable and happy. I am glad your traveling companion was able to stay with you and I hope you'll keep us in mind for future travel. We'd love to see you again!
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was located right between my office and Macdill and provided numerous restaurant choices nearby with easy access. Great price and amenities including pool and fitness center that I really enjoyed. The staff was welcoming and very friendly, I would highly recommend and will stay again when in town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for much for taking time to let people know about your experience with us. We do have a pretty friendly team and it's nice to hear it from our guests. I am also glad you were able to squeeze in time to enjoy our amenities as well as some local activities and restaurants. My personal favorite area restaurant is Boston's and if you are a dessert lover, I highly recommend their warm Boston cream pie the next time you visit. And I hope that will be soon. We appreciate your business!
Rawlings, Va., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I checked th are for hotels and of course I was only checking Hiolton Properties because I love all the expertise of the staff and Hilton properties and I would not stay at any other hotel unless Hilton was not there and it was an emergency. I would drive additional miles just to stay at a Hilton hotel. Thansk!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Wow! We really appreciate your loyalty and I hope you're taking advantage of the Hilton Honors program to build points for another stay with us in the future. Thank you so much for your business and kind words. And please come back again soon.
Galveston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great hotel with reasonable prices. The rooms are clean and the staff efficient and ready to help. Be sure to request a room with a microwave and fridge, some hotels don't have them in the rooms unless you request them when you make your reservation. The breakfast could use a little work - we didn't care for the omelets or the boiled eggs - and if you have allergies, bring your own soap and lotions because theirs are scented. Overall, great stay!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit. I am so sorry that our breakfast items were not a match for your palette. We do rotate the hot food so that different things are served on different days and will keep you comments in mind for the future. I hope you'll come stay with us again the next time you are in town.

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)? Share your experiences!