“Conveniently located and priced right” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

You added Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5628 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Meadowbrook, United States
“Conveniently located and priced right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Traveling on business in Tampa. Hotel convenient to airport and locations in Tampa. Hotel is very reasonably priced and comfortable stay. Staff was very friendly. Would recommend to other business travelers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, June 30, 2014
It is nice to hear that we were able to serve you during your recent stay. I also appreciate that you took the time to let us know that our airport location was good for you; hopefully you were able to take advantage of our complementary shuttle service. Thanks for your time and comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband a and I had to make an unplanned trip to Tampa due to a death in the family. City was sold out with corporate and city wide conference. I had the fortune of speaking with Ricardo when I called. Even though they were sold out he still managed to find two rooms for our family. He was very much a professional especially when dealing with me in my current emotional state. His friendly and compassionate attitude did a lot on calming me during our conversation. Please acknowledge him on my behalf. Thank you Ricardo!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to acknowledge Ricardo. He is a great asset for our hotel and I am glad that he was able to assist you. I'm glad we were able to serve in in your time of loss and I hope the next time you are in town it will be for a pleasant reason and you will stay with us again.
Jackson, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The stay and staff tried and succeeded mostly. A couple problems one minor and one yet not resolved. A non smoker room that smelled like a smoker room. Though not overbearing. That was the minor problem. The yet unresolved was a wrong charge on the billing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We appreciate that you selected our hotel for your stay last week and I apologize that the room was not initially as you had expected. It sounds like our team took care of you regarding that issue. I also appreciate the reminder regarding your billing as that gives me an opportunity to check on resolution of that for you as well. Please give our computer system 24 hours to post the change and if you do not see it on your statement at that point, I would love to speak with you in person. Thanks for all your patience as we handle this.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We would definitely stay here again. It was clean and conveniently located to all major roads. This was a first of many trips to the Tampa area, in search of a retirement location. The desk staff were very helpful in offering local places for us to eat, and reactivating key cards that were placed with cell phones! My only negative thing to say about this is that their pillows were to soft, and only four standard to a king size bed. You literally could fold the pillows in half. One other note, this hotel was directly below the flight plans for many airlines arriving at the airport, but unless you were outside, you did not hear anything!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us during your search for a retirement home. We agree...Tampa is a great city and our location is centrally located between city action and the beaches. I also have taken note of your comments regarding the pillows and have passed this along to our housekeeping team for consideration the next time we order replacements. Please come see us again soon and let us know when you become a resident!
Chicago, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The hotel itself was clean and sufficient for the price, but the check-in process was a bit concerning. They did not ask for an ID/credit card at check-in (standard for hotels, both to ensure that the proper person is checked-in and also for security purposes after check-in). As a result, they had previously checked in someone with a similar (although not exact) last name, but completely different first name AND gender into my room. Without apologizing, the woman handed me keys for the new room and told me I was all set... but at check-out it was determined that she never actually switched the rooms. This was not only a hassle for billing, but concerning for safety. Had the male guest lost his room key, the front desk would have given him a key to my room (since his name was on it)... which is obviously a concern for female travelers (or any traveler for that matter). I work in the hotel industry and am incredibly understanding of mistakes, as they do happen, but this seems to just be laziness that could have resulted in a pretty significant problem.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience at the front desk. It is absolutely part of the procedure for us to confirm the identity of the guest checking into their room and I have addressed this with our team. The safety and comfort of our guests is paramount to us. We use your feedback to improve and appreciate your business. I hope you will stay with us again.
St. Augustine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I would definitely stay here again the facility was clean, employees very friendly and for me there was easy access to the hotel. When on business trips a quick breakfast is always a plus. I have advised my office to use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, June 4, 2014
We appreciate your business and your recommendation to your colleagues. It means a lot when we hear that we've made your business travel easier and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know!
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel lives up to the Hampton Inn standards in all aspects: helpful staff, clean rooms, excellent service. The hotel is conveniently located and close to the airport. Good hot complimentary breakfast. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind words. For anyone going to the airport or wanting to be in a central location between Busch Gardens and the beaches, we are a great location. I'm glad that was the case for you. And I'm also glad that you appreciate the standards of quality in our Hampton. I'll pass along your comments to our team and hopefully we'll be able to serve you again in the future!

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)? Share your experiences!