“Ideal location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5628 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #25 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Ideal location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We would definitely stay here again. It was clean and conveniently located to all major roads. This was a first of many trips to the Tampa area, in search of a retirement location. The desk staff were very helpful in offering local places for us to eat, and reactivating key cards that were placed with cell phones! My only negative thing to say about this is that their pillows were to soft, and only four standard to a king size bed. You literally could fold the pillows in half. One other note, this hotel was directly below the flight plans for many airlines arriving at the airport, but unless you were outside, you did not hear anything!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us during your search for a retirement home. We agree...Tampa is a great city and our location is centrally located between city action and the beaches. I also have taken note of your comments regarding the pillows and have passed this along to our housekeeping team for consideration the next time we order replacements. Please come see us again soon and let us know when you become a resident!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The hotel itself was clean and sufficient for the price, but the check-in process was a bit concerning. They did not ask for an ID/credit card at check-in (standard for hotels, both to ensure that the proper person is checked-in and also for security purposes after check-in). As a result, they had previously checked in someone with a similar (although not exact) last name, but completely different first name AND gender into my room. Without apologizing, the woman handed me keys for the new room and told me I was all set... but at check-out it was determined that she never actually switched the rooms. This was not only a hassle for billing, but concerning for safety. Had the male guest lost his room key, the front desk would have given him a key to my room (since his name was on it)... which is obviously a concern for female travelers (or any traveler for that matter). I work in the hotel industry and am incredibly understanding of mistakes, as they do happen, but this seems to just be laziness that could have resulted in a pretty significant problem.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience at the front desk. It is absolutely part of the procedure for us to confirm the identity of the guest checking into their room and I have addressed this with our team. The safety and comfort of our guests is paramount to us. We use your feedback to improve and appreciate your business. I hope you will stay with us again.
St. Augustine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I would definitely stay here again the facility was clean, employees very friendly and for me there was easy access to the hotel. When on business trips a quick breakfast is always a plus. I have advised my office to use this hotel in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, June 4, 2014
We appreciate your business and your recommendation to your colleagues. It means a lot when we hear that we've made your business travel easier and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know!
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel lives up to the Hampton Inn standards in all aspects: helpful staff, clean rooms, excellent service. The hotel is conveniently located and close to the airport. Good hot complimentary breakfast. Would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind words. For anyone going to the airport or wanting to be in a central location between Busch Gardens and the beaches, we are a great location. I'm glad that was the case for you. And I'm also glad that you appreciate the standards of quality in our Hampton. I'll pass along your comments to our team and hopefully we'll be able to serve you again in the future!
Green Cove Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just a one night stay on a quick trip to Tampa, but Hampton is our chain of first choice and this one did not disappoint. It appears to be one of their smaller properties, but with a number of Hampton's in the city, location may be the key. It was for us. The room was clean, a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed and even with a "smallish" breakfast area, the food was better than average.

Proximity to the airport (due north of runway 19 right) meant just a bit of jet noise, but certainly nothing untoward. A very comfortable night's stay at a very reasonable price. Would definitely book again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. It is so important that we get feed back from our guest so that we can continue to improve. We take your comments and suggestions to our staff so that we can strive to be our very best. Once again thank you and I am so very thankful that you enjoyed our lovely hotel. Have a wonderful weekend.
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed on May 6 and May 7 for personal and business purposes. As a Hilton diamond member, I have to say out of all the hotels, this was my best experience. From the moment I pulled up, I was greeted outside with offering of assistance with my luggage. At the check in counter the staff was so pleasant and customer friendly. Special thanks to Ricardo and Zakeya at the front desk. Every time my friend and I would enter or exit, they would remember our names, ask how we are doing and if we needed anything. The hotel and rooms are very clean and comfortable. Modern decor, which was nice. The breakfast choice was very good. Another special thanks to Janette in food services. Each morning she would make sure all items were properly stocked and offered assistance. I will definitely choose this hotel over the other hotels that I stayed at in Tampa. Thank you for making my stay during a stressful travel time so very pleasant. Denise Scott, Plantation FL

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, May 28, 2014
It is always so nice to receive comments from our guest letting us know about their stay with us. We work on ways to improve on our service. We hold monthly staff meetings so that we can address all areas of the hotel from customer service, guest comfort, breakfast etc.

Thank you again for letting us know.

Have a wonderful day.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our check in, breakfast room, and the staff are absolutely AWESOME!! I only couldn't give them a perfect because the hall way on our floor, the fifth floor was soooo humid!! Our room temp was perfect though. Seriously, great hotel and staff!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us at the Hampton Inn. It is guest like yourself that makes our days brighter. We take pride in knowing that we have made our guest happy and that they enjoyed their stay. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do in the future to make our guest stay even better.

Have a fantastic day.

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)? Share your experiences!