“Hampton Inns are great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

You added Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5628 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #26 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
The Villages, Florida
“Hampton Inns are great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I felt safe here, as a female traveling alone. Great staff, clean, comfortable beds & free breakfast! They even offered a free bottle of water upon arrival & departure! WiFi works great too! The fresh baked cookies are a nice treat. Did not have a chance to use the fitness room, pool & spa -- but they look nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I am truly happy that you were taken care of and that we lived up to your standards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ft. Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed her for business. On the way to the hotel I ran over something on I-75 which damaged the bumper of my rental car. The staff helped me rig the bumper so I could drive the car back to South Florida as opposed to having to get a replacement car before court that day.
The property and room are typical Hampton Inn: comfortable, clean, and friendly.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn. We measure our success by the feed back that we get from our guest. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the near future.
Fairfax, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The A/C kept us night. The pool was just ok. Wish it was bigger. Staff was sweet and room was great. Good breakfast! We took the shuttle to and from the airport. Make sure you schedule it with the lobby because it doesn't run all the time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Chicago, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

None of the side or back doors worked with room key. Front desk person indicated none of them had worked for about two years. Room smelled moldy, toilet did not flush properly. On top of all of that, the beds were horribly hard and uncomfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful, however, and the hotel location is good.

Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed here before a morning flight. It is very convenient to the airport. If the planes are departing to the north, there is some noise but it didn't bother us. The front desk staff were helpful during our stay. The room was clean and the usual. One of two telephones didn't work, the one on the desk. After two trips by the maintenance man, we told him to quit trying as the one beside the bed worked.
There a few places to eat within driving distance. The only one withing walking distance was an Arbys.
Breakfast was the usual premade omelettes, oatmeal, sausage and waffles and the usual array of cold items. The hostess did a good job of keeping everything clean, fresh and supplied.
There was a computer and printer in the lobby for guest use.
We would stay here again as it was clean and very convenient to airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ocala, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel was very clean with excellent service and staff. it is very close to the airport with shuttle service provided for whatever time you need it. another plus is that they also provide complimentary breakfast. would stay here again when flying out of Tampa.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel around 8pm and knew right away this was not going to be an easy check-in experience. Front desk person sighed several times before we even said anything. When asked if there are any problems, she responded that the hotel was over booked. My colleague and I explained we had booked through Orbitz, our company's preferred booking site, we had confirmed reservations for 2 rooms with a King size bed. The front desk person asked if my colleague and I knew each other well. It took me a second to realize she wanted my colleague, who I had just met the day before to share a room. My colleague answered no, we needed the two rooms. She put me in a room next to the lobby. Only the a/c worked, no heat, and limited TV (only 15 stations, no normal stations like ABC, CBS,NBC). Neighbor next door was on speaker phone at 1am, loud even with ear plugs. Tried calling the front desk to ask for assistance but no answer. I could hear the phone ring and ring at the front desk since the walls are so thin. Next morning, I was told to come back in the afternoon to switch rooms. In between meetings, I did go back to pack and switch rooms around 2pm. While the room on the 4th floor was much better, I had inadvertently left my coat on the hook of the bathroom door. Came back to the hotel at 6pm, the coat was no where to be found. I know this because the front desk person looked in the room, now occupied by another guest! Really disappointing! Not only is the customer service poor, my expensive new coat was taken. Beware, your reservation may mean nothing if they overbook and your personal items are at risk.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay. Our goal is to ensure that we meet all of our guest needs. I can assure you that we will address your issues and hold all team members accountable. I hope that you will give us a chance to make this up to you.

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)? Share your experiences!