“Fit my needs well” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

You added Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5628 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #21 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Valdosta, GA
“Fit my needs well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This Hampton appears older than other ones I have stayed at. It was still clean and spacious, just as Hamptons usually are. I was here buying a car and the deal was not quite done, so I had to stay over a night. Since I had some Hilton points and this hotel was near the dealership, I figured I'd just spend a night here. It fit my needs and I was glad to have a clean, quiet place to rest up for the drive back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Alondonorosario, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your car hunting needs. I hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Adriana Rosario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hotel rooms are average - small rooms with a microwave and refrigerator in a few rooms. The breakfast is mediocre especially if you stay longer due to lack of variety. Service is very good - the reception personnel went out of the way to assist me when required. The shuttle service which caters to the airport as well as anywhere within 5 miles was excellent with the drivers being very courteous and prompt. Free WiFi was very good

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. we are working towards remodeling the rooms next year and we continue to ensure all our guests have a great experience regardless of the reason they are stying in our hote.

look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed for a work related event and it was the little things that made them stand apart. We never entered the lobby without someone saying hello and asking how our day was or how our room was. If there was anything they could do for us. The room was clean and it a typical hotel room. The morning breakfast was nice, it was more than just cold cereal and a bagel. It was nice to have the hot options. They have a great grab and go option too that I thought was awesome!

I have to say the final touch was when we were asked of we would like to have a bottle of water to go for the road after we turned in our room keys. I thought that was a great lasting impression!

• Stayed September 2013
Alondonorosario, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. It's always great to hear that the staff is taking care of our guests.

I hope to see you next time you are in Tampa.

Adriana Rosario-Londono
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Love everything starting from checking to check out. Would highly recommended to families and couples. Cleanliness exceed my expectations. Breakfast Hostess Jinnette took care of our family as we were her own family. Thank You Jinnette.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mr. Arguelles

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay; it's always a pleasure to know that my staff is taking care of our guests.

look forward to having you stay with us again.

Adriana Rosario-Londono
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel with a pet. I was pleasantly surprised to find a pet friendly Hampton Inn. Check in was fast and no hassle. The room was immaculate and peacefully quiet. Of course, fresh baked cookies were available for free in the lobby at all times. Fresh coffee was always available in the lobby as well. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and it's staff. There was even an Arby's next door. I will definitely stay here again. Thanks Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Expect no bad experience here. It's a good place to stay near the airport.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Alondonorosario, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, September 5, 2013
thank you for staying with us and I look forward to personally meeting you and your pet next time you are in town.

Lacey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We traveled to Florida to take a cruise and were to arrive a day before; however, our flight was a "nightmare" and we didn't get in until 5:00 am the morning of the cruise. By the time we arrived at the hotel, we were warn-out and extremely frustrated. The hotel clerk was beyond kind. He paid for our taxi fare from the airport to the hotel, scheduled a shuttle for us to get to the terminal of our cruise and took the time to make sure we were comfortable in our room so we could get a couple hours of sleep before we had to leave for our cruise. I thought maybe this was just a really nice guy, but when we returned from our cruise, we were treated just as nice (and it was a completely different staff). Customer service is so important and I feel Hampton has done a great job!!! Also, the room was very clean and they had a fabulous breakfast too. I recommend this particular Hampton to anyone staying in the Tampa, Fl. area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Ms. Brenda;

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your recent stay with us.

I will make sure my staff is rewarded for the service they provided to you and your family. I hope to see you back in our property soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel as we had a early morning flight back to Jersey.

Hotel was fine. Staff were also very accommodating.

All activities were downtown about a 15min drive.

Only downside to this hotel was not much else to do that is walkable plus did not look like the safest of areas to take a walk either.

But overall worth staying if to get a good rate an have an early flight back to wherever you need too.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience. Our hotel does provide a complimentary van that can take you within a 3 mile radius.
I hope next time you are in town you will give us an opportunity to take you where you need need.

regards,