“Great price, clean, friendly, easy to find” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

You added Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5628 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #26 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Michigan
“Great price, clean, friendly, easy to find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We got a room because my friend had to be at airport at 5 a.m. We bid on it & got it at an amazing rate. Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean, lots of room, friendly staff & beautiful breakfast area & foyer. It was easy to find, easy on & off of 589 & easy to get to things we wanted to check out on her last night here. I was pleasantly surprised. The only bad thing was that the faucet in the shower was leaking badly and there was no way to get it to stop & the noise was driving us nuts (we put a hand towel under it) & when you took a shower the handle wouldn't stay where you wanted it from being tightened so much. I would recommend if you need a cheap clean nights stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Newly renovated breakfast area and entry makes this an easy property for you to see immediately that this is a nice place. Lots of business travel but also some family traffic as well.This is a very clean, nicely run property with an easy to get to location to most of the Tampa area attractions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Alishia was fantastic, fantastic value, great facility. Exercise room was very clean, machines were brand new. Continental breakfast had great variety. Linens and pillows were good, convenient location.

• Stayed April 2013
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at this Hampton because it was close to the Wedding site of my niece's wedding. Had two rooms and they were clean and comfortable. No problems with maintenance and found on duty staff most helpful in arranging shuttle service to Tampa International. Work out room small but adequate for our needs. Complimentary breakfast decent but no different than in other hotels. Wading pool on site is not heated. Easy to access from I-275 through the toll way.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stay at Hilton properties often, particularly the Hampton Inn. This particular one was the worst Hampton experience I've had. Unfortunately, there are few hotels close to the office, and those that were had full bookings and were not part of my company's travel partnership, so I was unable to switch hotels. Two issues defined my stay:

1) Two days into a two-week stay, one of the managers entered my room unannounced at 12:45am. I happened to be awake at the time, but not dressed. It was a shocking invasion of privacy. Though it was an accident (she meant to enter the empty room next door) and the manager offered to remove that night from my bill, the fact that there was no knock to confirm the room is empty (as housekeepers do) was very concerning. It made me wary for the rest of the trip.

2) The same day, I discovered that the rotating temperature selection knob in my shower had no friction, and could not be set to any position that wasn't pointing straight down (cold) or straight up (scalding hot). The maintenance person was sent to my room 3 times over the course of the week, but ultimately said he could not fix the issue without shutting off the building's water and replacing the entire shower mechanism. The hotel was full at the time, so I wasn't able to switch to a working room until Saturday Eve. Again, staff offered to have one of the nights removed from my bill.

Since it was a business trip (company expense), a lower bill offers no compensation to me personally. I asked about some free-night vouchers for future use instead, but it turns out I wouldn't be able to use them at any other Hampton Hotel and I had no intention of returning to this area or this property.

Various other CONs:
-Horribly slow TV response and a leaky faucet (first room)
-Microwave was unplugged and the furniture unit it was installed in was too far from an outlet. (Second room)
-Fridge made frequent rattling noises (Second Room)
-Only ONE available outlet outside the bathroom and not covered by furniture (second room)
-Fitness center had free-weights but no weight bench, mirror, or TV.
-Could not change the time on the room clock.

PROs:
-Staff was very accommodating and apologetic, though they lacked that "eagerness" that I find at most Hamptons.
-Very Quiet
-Internet connection works well enough
-Parking was fine

Room Tip: Hit or miss regarding the quality of appliances and fixtures.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
syechan, Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the feedback we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your comments regarding the housekeeping mishap, mechanical issues and amenity offerings and will help us to ensure such concerns do not continue in the future. Your comfort and safety is truly important to us. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We only stayed overnight between our cruise and early morning flight but the service was excellent. The staff made sure there were bags of breakfast for us and the free hotel shuttle picked us up an hour earlier than their usual start time. As well, we had free shuttle service within 7 miles of the hotel, so we were able to go to a local attraction and a restaurant without incurring taxi expenses. The room was clean and well appointed and it looked like the other facilities were well cared for. The outdoor pool was freezing but after days of swimming in the Caribbean, I wasn't missing out.

Room Tip: This may not be the prettiest location for longer stays and we didn't have the nicest view. As w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Room was nice and clean but had no fridge. The area is rather dumpy and the pool wasn't heated. When we arrived the locking mechanism on the door didn't work so we were shuffled to a different room. The Coimfort Inn next door looked like it would have been a better choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)? Share your experiences!