“Nice, clean and quiet.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

You added Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5628 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Fontana, California
“Nice, clean and quiet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn due to an early flight departure, and it was close to the Tampa Bay Airport. I was greeted when I came in, and as I needed to return a rental car, the staff was very accomodating in getting a shuttle to pick me up. The room was clean, and comfortable and quiet, I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Ice machine on floor didn't work, outside door lock broken and could not use key, looked like computer in lobby was fine and just needed a password but during the renovation was told it wasn't connected (?). Could not call the hotel (repeatedly rang and no one answered), if was not prepaid with no refund would have cancelled it before going. Requested a non-smoking and non-pet room (allergies), and had to go through corporate to get the message through to the hotel, which didn't have it anyway and had to show them the corporate email telling them it was reserved as such. I can say breakfast was good, but only second Hampton I have stayed at as a HHonors member that I would not give a decent rating to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
syechan, Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. I always enjoy hearing from our guests-including areas of improvement. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was less than top notch and we're addressing your concerns with our staff. I have also spoken to our front office team about the misunderstanding regarding your room reservation so we can avoid missteps such as this in the future. The next time you have the chance to travel back to the area, I do hope that you will consider being our guest again so we can show you our improvements first-hand.

Kind regards,
Lisa Browning
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

It was a great stay. We arrived in the morning, the front clerk was able to check us in as a complimentary service, so we didnt have to wait around. The room was super clean. Breakfast was good and healthy. I will stay there the next time I go to Tampa

Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel seemed clean and the staff was very friendly! Even though the water in the pool was freezing it was clean and the pool area was clean. Our bed was comfortable. The pillows seemed a little cheap but the room and bedding was clean. We didn't have any problems with noise. The breakfast was very nice. And seemed to have a lot to offer for a hotel breakfast. Even had a togo sack breakfast if you were in a hurry. I would defiantly stay here again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on a recent trip to Tampa – what a wonderful experience! I’ve always had great stays at Hampton Inn and this one was no different. My room was spacious, clean and super comfortable. The bathroom was really nice too, with a huge shower w/ great water pressure. Free breakfast in the morning as well as free parking *and* free internet, what more can you ask for? Lots of breakfast options to choose from too, which is always a plus. Thank you Hampton Inn for always providing such great service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Was a little worried when we checked n and found the whole lobby area a construction site . They have completely gutted the lobby and look to be remodeling with the new Hampton Inn look and feel . They set up a temporal breakfast room and the food was actually pretty good . The rooms were a little dated but clean fresh and I would say well insulated from other rom noise . We chose this place because of the closeness to Busch Gardens , it's about 15 mins drive from the hotel . Note there is really oohing near to walk to to eat ( or a bar to drink) you will need to drive. Have to say the heat / ac units in the room were one of the quietest I have stayed in

Room Tip: Rom away from elevators or the noisy ice machines
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We just came back from a soccer weekend there....the experience at the hotel was great. But I particularly want to thank a very special man for going the extra mile for me. His name is David Martinez. I had left the hotel around 6am to get coffee and gas; on way back to hotel a man on the street started to approach my car while I was at a stop light. Luckily I pulled away before he got to my car, but Mr. Martinez was behind me in the hotel van watching this happen. When I pulled into the parking lot, Mr. Martinez was waiting for me to walk in; making sure I was safe. What a gentleman! I was very touched by his concern and care.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)? Share your experiences!