“Good place to stay near Busch Gardens” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5628 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #32 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good place to stay near Busch Gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Was a little worried when we checked n and found the whole lobby area a construction site . They have completely gutted the lobby and look to be remodeling with the new Hampton Inn look and feel . They set up a temporal breakfast room and the food was actually pretty good . The rooms were a little dated but clean fresh and I would say well insulated from other rom noise . We chose this place because of the closeness to Busch Gardens , it's about 15 mins drive from the hotel . Note there is really oohing near to walk to to eat ( or a bar to drink) you will need to drive. Have to say the heat / ac units in the room were one of the quietest I have stayed in

Room Tip: Rom away from elevators or the noisy ice machines
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We just came back from a soccer weekend there....the experience at the hotel was great. But I particularly want to thank a very special man for going the extra mile for me. His name is David Martinez. I had left the hotel around 6am to get coffee and gas; on way back to hotel a man on the street started to approach my car while I was at a stop light. Luckily I pulled away before he got to my car, but Mr. Martinez was behind me in the hotel van watching this happen. When I pulled into the parking lot, Mr. Martinez was waiting for me to walk in; making sure I was safe. What a gentleman! I was very touched by his concern and care.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

It's great that they allow pets and that the hotel is so clean. Free paper, free breakfast, free wifi...what's not to love? The staff was pleasant, they let me have a late check out and they have free coffee all day...and it's GOOD coffee! !

• Stayed July 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

This was your usual Hampton Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was usual Hampton fare. The room was clean but there was definite musty smell in the room. The other downfall fall was no refrigerator provided in the room.

• Stayed July 2012
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I do have to admit I am an avid fan of Hampton Inns! I have never stayed in a bad one. They truly keep the good work. I just conducted an International meeting in this particular Hampton and the experience was excellent! The complimentary airport limo and breakfast was great. Our international clients felt very comfortable and were extremely pleased. They also loved the great pillows. We were able to cater our lunches and the location is excellent for dinners at great nearby restaurants. The service and managers, Jocie Rivera and LIsa House were extremely professional and always great at doing follow-up. The maintenance and transportation people superb!
Highly recommended. Patricia Boyle, Office Manager, Steo-Medical Inc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Super clean. Friendly staff. An unexpected excellent experience, we stay there 3 days in May 2012. Absolutely no complaints. Even the free breakfast was very good. Will recommend to everybody.

Room Tip: Can sleep 4 guests comfortably in a regular room, which has two queen beds.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We had a great stay at this hampton inn June 2, 2012. We booked it due to its closeness to Raymond James stadium to go see Kenny Cheney and Tim McGraw. The hotel also had a free shuttle which was great to save on parking at the stadium and not paying 40 for a cab so great savings! I needed some help with my reservation and called and spoke with Alicia who was very friendly. Upon arrival, we noticed the property was close to several restaurants and had an Arby's next door (yum) the lobby was very clean and several guests were relaxing watching tv and reading the paper which made it feel very homey. At checkin, we were greeted with a warm and friendly smile by Alicia also! Great employee who answered all my questions and was very informative. The room was very clean and as Hamptons always do, had a fresh and clean bed with the white duvets I love!!!

The bathroom was roomy and had great water pressure which I have had issues with at other hotels but not here! Nice hot water and curved shower bar. Room also had a microwave and fridge which not all Hamptons offer.

We caught the free shuttle to the concert but had issues returning due to the police closing the road where we were supposed to be picked up. No worries tho, I simply called the hotel and spoke with Shatirah who helped us get back to the hotel. It was pretty crazy with tons of other people all calling for the same reason and she handled the chaos like a champ! Kudos to her! Great customer service considering the demand she had on her. Even calling me back personally to help.

Breakfast was the typical Hampton breakfast- omelets pastries fresh fruit etc. The eggs were hot and they also had French toast sticks, sausage and fresh oatmeal.

We will definitely be back to this hotel when football season starts to see the Bucs play!

Room Tip: King room vet spacious
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)? Share your experiences!