“Best value!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5628 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Cruise Transportation
Ranked #25 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Miami
“Best value!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Super clean. Friendly staff. An unexpected excellent experience, we stay there 3 days in May 2012. Absolutely no complaints. Even the free breakfast was very good. Will recommend to everybody.

Room Tip: Can sleep 4 guests comfortably in a regular room, which has two queen beds.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We had a great stay at this hampton inn June 2, 2012. We booked it due to its closeness to Raymond James stadium to go see Kenny Cheney and Tim McGraw. The hotel also had a free shuttle which was great to save on parking at the stadium and not paying 40 for a cab so great savings! I needed some help with my reservation and called and spoke with Alicia who was very friendly. Upon arrival, we noticed the property was close to several restaurants and had an Arby's next door (yum) the lobby was very clean and several guests were relaxing watching tv and reading the paper which made it feel very homey. At checkin, we were greeted with a warm and friendly smile by Alicia also! Great employee who answered all my questions and was very informative. The room was very clean and as Hamptons always do, had a fresh and clean bed with the white duvets I love!!!

The bathroom was roomy and had great water pressure which I have had issues with at other hotels but not here! Nice hot water and curved shower bar. Room also had a microwave and fridge which not all Hamptons offer.

We caught the free shuttle to the concert but had issues returning due to the police closing the road where we were supposed to be picked up. No worries tho, I simply called the hotel and spoke with Shatirah who helped us get back to the hotel. It was pretty crazy with tons of other people all calling for the same reason and she handled the chaos like a champ! Kudos to her! Great customer service considering the demand she had on her. Even calling me back personally to help.

Breakfast was the typical Hampton breakfast- omelets pastries fresh fruit etc. The eggs were hot and they also had French toast sticks, sausage and fresh oatmeal.

We will definitely be back to this hotel when football season starts to see the Bucs play!

Room Tip: King room vet spacious
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I got in at midnight, the lady at the front desk was SO nice! My room was immaculately clean and this hotel was WAY nicer than the 2 1/2 stars that it was rated by Priceline!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The hotel its self was nice but the lady working the front desk needs fired. We got there at 2 and was told room wasn't ready yet which was fine. She said she would call us so at 315 we still hadn't heard from her so we went back. She said a room still wasn't ready and wanted to give us a king and pull out sofa. The problem was it was me and a friend and our two daughter so we told her it wouldn't work. She wasn't happy and said we would have to wait. Well another first desk work said wait a minute and I will see what I can do and seconds later we had a room. He said the problem was she was suppose to leave for the day and just didn't want to deal with it. The room was ok but smelled like smoke but we had spray and it was better.
Now to the worst part we had suttle service to the cruise port, going there it was fine but coming back was another story. My friend called when we got off the ship and that same rude women answered the phone and said it would be awhile they were changing shifts. We waited 1.5 hours to get picked up. We didn't get a sorry or you don't have to pay for the shuttle or anything.
I would never use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Avoid this hotel if you can, Rooms are extremely outdated, the room I got smelled awful, carpet and walls look aged. AC made a terrible noise ( like and old engine) everytime it kicked in which made my sleep terrible. I CAN tolerate that...what I cant tolerate is the staff being rude. Requested a change of rooms the first day of my stay because of the AC and a leak on the sink, but to my surprise Ms Michelle in front desk said she wouldnt approve any move in the rooms ( when they had available rooms); and I said they had rooms because that same night they finally changed me to another room which was even worse ( No King Bed, smelled the same and AC made the same awful sounds)
Front Desk Michelle is a Extremely rude person that shouldnt be facing claients never. Because of this I will file a formal complaint to the Hilton Corporation. i will avoid ever to stay in a Hampton Inn or another Hilton Resort. Tried to call manager's cell phone but always left a message( called 3 times) Overall extremely disappointing and frustrating experience

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TPAVE, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Mr Mexico City,

Thank you for letting me know about your perception of our front desk. Michelle is new and is still learning our computer system and the entire process of changing rooms. I apologize that your request was not accommodated earlier and that your calls to a manager were also not responded too. This is the first I am hearing of the situation and I am disturbed by your comments as we take our guest service very seriously. Without having your name and date of stay, I am unable to review the particular room you stayed in to check to see if we need some additional maintenance to be done. Yours is not a normal response to our rooms as we are continuously updating them to match the brand style requirements, and our guests usually rate us as being very clean and fresh. I would love the opportunity to get that room information from you so that I can do a personal check on it. Please give me a call at the hotel so we can discuss this more.
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

At check in, the front desk clerk was on the phone making a reservation but didn't even acknowledge me until she was done with the call, about 10 mins later. The clerk just had a very unfriendly, unpleasant attitude the entire time. A male clerk, who looked like maybe he was on a break when he first appeared, made little effort to help the female clerk. Neither one gave us any info about the facility. Not a word about breakfast, where to park or nothing! There wasn't anything about the room that stood out to make me want to come back. Really disappointing for a Hilton. Will not stay there again, Comfort Suites down the road is way better!!

• Stayed March 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed here for 4 days while we were in town for a wedding. The lobby is clean and nice, and the desk workers were friendly. The breakfast was wonderful, a nice assortment of fruits, cereals, oatmeal, and pastries... but best of all there were hot breakfast items: waffles, eggs, bacon, home potatoes, omlets, and sausage. The breakfast attendent was REALLY friendly!

My complaint lies with our room. We were in room 101. As soon as we walked into the room we smelled the funky musty smell that didn't leave the room the whole trip. The carpet and wallpaper look old/outdated. This was a handicapped room, though we do not have any special needs. The handicapped shower was awful. It's wheelchair accessable, which means there is no tub. Water got EVERYWHERE when we showered. The whole bathroom floor was soaked after showering, including the area around the toilet, which grossed me out a bit. I did ask the front desk about getting a different room several times, but it was spring break so they said they were completely booked. This room is NOT UP TO PAR for a Hampton Inn. I have stayed at other Hampton Inns in the past, and this is by FAR the worst.

The fitness center was clean, but the water cooler was empty and out of cups. They have 2 treadmills, an eliptical, and a bike. They do not have any weights, but you can go to a gym down the street for free if you want more workout equipment.

There is this big sign on the front desk that claims "If you are not 100% satisfied, you do not pay". What a joke. I told the front desk many times that our room sucked... but guess what, we paid full price. If we are in the tampa bay area again, we will stay FAR away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the first floor!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
TPAVE, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Rachel, Thank you for staying with us a few weeks ago. We certainly are grateful for being so busy the past several weeks and I apologize that we were not able to offer you the requested employee rate due to that room allotment being sold out. And I also apologize that we had to put you in our last available room, which was a handicapped accessible one. As I’m sure you are aware, we go to great lengths to make sure our handicapped rooms are truly accessible as required by ADA regulations; this is the reason why that particular bathroom is set up as it is. Our need to adhere to these federal standards is mandatory and therefore not something we can change and does not qualify for the 100% refund program. I am more than happy to discuss this with you on the phone, however, and ask that you please call the hotel directly so that I can better understand your complaint.

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)? Share your experiences!