“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Huntington Beach, California
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 7 nights a few weeks ago. Overall, a very nice place to stay. If you want to be in downtown Tampa, this is a good location. Right on the Garrison Channel which flows into Hillsborough Bay so try to get a water view, looking south for nice views. The beds were very comfortable but the pillows were way too soft for my taste. I had to use 2 just so my head wasn't level with the mattress. Quiet rooms. The valet's were awesome, very professional, friendly. Very responsive in getting our cars. Registration staff was helpful, friendly, approachable. Our room was on the 8th floor, double room suite. Very nice room with large balcony where we watched the boats sail or motor by. We ate at the Champions Sport Grill, which was above average but your usual sports bar food and drink. There's a Starbucks inside the hotel which opened at 6 am. The Waterside Grill we thought was a little overpriced but seemed to have a decent menu although we never ate there.
The Riverwalk is runs right outside the hotel so taking leisurely strolls along the channel was super convenient and fun. The trolley runs right near the hotel and for $5 you can purchase an all-day ticket to ride through downtown.
We didn't see a lot of children or child focused activities and there were a few parties going on but they weren't disruptive. The pool is great with a bar, amply room to lay or hang out, but it seemed like they closed early (the sun was still out), but I don't know what time.
All in all a very nice stay and hotel. A bit pricey for Aug in Tampa, but had a nice time. Recommended..

Room Tip: Channel view, facing south
Green Features: They respected their own policy and didn't replace towels that were still hanging up. Coming from a drought-stricken Cali, I respect businesses that conserve water and other resources.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

All the hotel staff and valet guys were awesome and very helpful!! They went above and beyond for our conference we had there. All of our doctors had a great stay! Housekeeping was also friendly and very helpful!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tampa Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This hotel is lovely and offers great amenities, which of course are expected at a Marriott property. That being said, it's also important to have great staff. I want to commend Sudi at the front desk for the kind and gracious welcoming she gave my husband and myself when we arrived recently. We were a bit frazzled from driving through a tremendous rainstorm and just wanted to get to our room. Sudi assured us that all of our requests for our room would be handled (my husband can be quite picky). Within a few minutes of getting into our room Sudi called us just to make sure everything was to our liking. We saw Sudi a couple more times during our stay and she greeted us warmly and asked how we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything she could do for us. Sudi went above and beyond in our opinion and we truly appreciate her doing so! In addition to Sudi, we want to also thank the Bell Captain Brian. He offered outstanding customer service and was helpful in getting some logistics worked out with some family members who were delayed in arriving at the hotel. A big thank you to both Sudi and Brian!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

The room are great with an excellent view ,the food is great especially the breakfast, and the service is awsome . But quite a distance from the beaches. great location if you are looking to spend your time in the downtown area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Waterside because of a 48 hour special rate on the Marriott website. This is an absolutely beautiful hotel in a great location. As to be expected with a full service hotel, they have about everything you need on location.

The staff at this hotel is top notch. When I checked in I was immediately offered a bottle of water and was asked several questions about my room and comfort preferences. She offered me a free upgrade to a room overlooking the water which was an awesome gesture. The view from the room was spectacular, especially first thing in the morning. I wish I remembered this staff members name because she is worth recognizing.

My room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. I especially appreciated the spaciousness of the bathroom.

The valet parking was $24 so I decided to park a block away and walk. I had one small bag so it wasn't that big a deal.

The location is very close to the St. Pete Times Forum and convention center if you are town for an event at either of those venues.

I would stay at this hotel every time I'm in Tampa if I got the special rate I received this time.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel is located right on the water (as the name indicates). It is also right at a trolley stop and across from the Tampa Convention Center making it in the perfect location. The lobby, outside area and pool were very nice and beautifully decorated. The rooms were nice but basically your average hotel room. . .nothing outstanding or special.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write us about your experience, and for sharing great information regarding our location and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels call for the Tampa area. Thank you for your business.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The stay was perfect from the time I dropped off my car to leaving. Carl in Concierge was great and very attentive. The bellman gave me simple and quick directions on on how to get out of downtown Tampa. My view of the water was really nice .

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!