“Good location~good service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good location~good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days and 4 nights in July and had a good experience. Our room was clean and beds were very comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and provided a roll a way bed for our grandson upon request. We ate at the sports bar restaurant in this hotel when we checked in and the food and service were very good. The valet runners were quick and very nice when retrieving our vehicle when we went out of the hotel. We enjoyed walking along the water front and this location was convenient to reach the highways to visit the local attractions. The only negative was that we had to call and ask for towels as there were 3 people in our room and the maid would often only leave 2 towels and it took a long time to get the towels that we requested.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We used the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina for ourselves and our guests for our August 3rd wedding. It was WONDERFUL! The room was gorgeous, the view was gorgeous, the staff ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! Every question answered, every need met. The hotel sent up champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to congratulate my now-husband and I and it was just such an amazing experience. We loved it!

Room Tip: Corner suites have huge balconies and amazing views!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
new iberia, la
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great room, great view, this was a top notch hotel, we had a king bed and the view to the bay was beautiful, very convenient to many sites, the beds were very comfortable, very easy to valet your car and very quick to get it when you go out, all staff were very helpful and friendly, don't miss Columbia restaurant and Bernstein restaurant while here

Room Tip: Ask for bay view
Platteville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days in July. The staff of the hotel took very good care of me as a hotel guest and us as a meeting group. Bed was very comfortable Loved the location on the river, very convenient for walking on the river scape. The catering we had for lunch and dinner was excellent.

Green Features: Able to choose to forego daily linen service to protect the evironment.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bay City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

While I generally like Marriott properties, this one has some issues. I'm guessing it's an older hotel because most of the newer properties have storage or vending next to the elevator shafts. Not the Tampa Marriott Waterside. There are rooms right next to the elevators, and the guests in those rooms get to listen to the elevators run up and down all day and night.

In fairness, when my wife called and complained, mgt offered to move us to a different room. We had already unpacked and were tired from our travelling so we decided to give it a day. We were there for three nights, and so busy each day, that by the time we got back to our room, we just crashed.

My only other gripe is that housekeeping is stingy with the towels. There were four of us in our room, and they kept leaving two bath towels. We had to call and complain every day for two more towels.

Overall, the hotel is okay, but if you're staying here, make sure you ask if you are next to the elevators.

Room Tip: Avoid the elevator rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent feedback on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologize for what you experienced and reassure you that moving forward we will be more cognizant of providing the appropriate amount of amenities for our guests. Thank you for your feedback.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Waterside July 15-19. Our room was comfortable and the maids supplied us with enough fresh towels to change twice a day. This was helpful since I went swimming. During our stay, I ate at the Grille four of the five mornings we were there. My waitress was Yolanda Rivera. She was excellent! She was prompt and courteous and joyful early in the morning. Yolanda patiently engaged me in conversation seeming genuinely interested in our discussion. She waited on several tables and yet, always came back around to make sure that I had what I needed. If you stay at the Marriot Waterside and eat breakfast at the Grille, make sure to ask for Yolanda. However, I have to add that all the staff at the restaurant with whom I interacted, were very cordial and helpful. During our stay, my husband and I got massages - he's glad I coaxed him into this. My husband loved his massage and with his bad back, he really needed it! I also loved the massage that Melissa gave me. She and I talked about a number of things and she shared some of her interesting experiences as a masseuse. however what I enjoyed most is the manicure and pedicure I had afterward. What fun with Denise! I sat next to a woman who was attending the same convention as my husband and the four of us girls got to talking and sharing and having a great time. Denise did a great job on my hands and feet and I was so glad because I was getting ready for an event that evening. We had a very nice stay and were waited on by many helpful Marriott employees from the valet guys, concierge person who gave me a towel to take on my walk, to the Hertz guy who provided my rent a car. What a beautiful hotel and view - most of all the employees give the Marriott their character.

Room Tip: Our room' s AC was very quiet. We also had. Room on the marina side - beautiful view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel is beautiful with towering palm trees inside the spacious lobby. The customer service is outstanding. From the moment we arrived, we received immediate help from the valet and with our bags. The concierge was helpful in finding local places. We visited the spa while we were there for couple's massages and it was a wonderful experience. The spa is beautiful and relaxing and the masseuses were very, very good. The pool area is spacious with plenty of lounge chairs for guests. Pool towels were plentiful and an attendant checked on us often and even offered us free popsicles. The front desk staff was amazing. Ricardo helped us find a restaurant that serves homestyle cooking and it was the best food we had in Tampa Bay. He made an extra effort to inquire with several employees to find us exactly the kind of food we were looking for. Our room was very well appointed and the beds were comfortable. The hotel even offered an option for scheduling your housekeeping service so you could get your room cleaned at your convenience. Room service was great! The food arrived super fast and was fresh and hot. My only complaint is that the room service dessert menu is not that great...the chocolate cake was very small and not that good. We would definitely stay here again. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We asked the front desk attendant for a room away from the elevators and ice machines so that we wou...
Green Features: The hotel did not provide recycling containers in the room. I was disappointed in this.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!