“Great Place to Stay for Concerts at the Tampa Bay Forum” 5 of 5 stars

Celebrate the Savings
Ranked #7 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Clearwater, FL
“Great Place to Stay for Concerts at the Tampa Bay Forum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We always stay at this hotel when attending concerts at the Tampa Bay Forum. You just walk across the street and avoid all the traffic & parking issues. It's a beautiful hotel and the service is excellent. You have to pay for valet parking but it's worth it. If you get a room with a water view you can sometimes see the cruise ships coming or going. The room was clean and the beds and pillows are very comfortable. There is a nice pool, a small jacuzzi and a small exercise room. It's in a great location. We enjoy being on a high floor and just looking out the window.

Room Tip: Request a room with a water view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for a wedding expo. The hotel it self was very nice and clean, could't have asked for a better hotel. However we ate at the sports bar in the hotel, since it was just her and I, we did not want to get lost in the big city so we decided to eat in. The food was ok, it was your typical sports bar food. Our bill for the both of us came out to be $37 and some change that I paid with my debit card. We left a cash tip. This was the only time I used my debit card for. All our other charges were on my American Express. The next morning when I got up I have gotten a call from my boyfriend back at home asking what did we eat that was so expensive? I said what $37 is pretty decent he stated no this charge was for $67. I was like what no way!! It turns out our waitress added additional tip to my debit card. I guess her $10 cash tip wasn't good enough on a $37 tab. I recommend this hotel, but I DO NOT recommend the sports bar restaurant and maybe the other ones do that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Plymouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband attended a conference at the Marriott Waterside and I was along for a vacation. I enjoyed exploring the Tampa area from this hotel (inexpensive trolley service across the street to Ybor City was convenient and novel) and greatly enjoyed the (far-over-chlorinated) pool and pool-side bar and the proximity to the Tampa Aquarium and museums. However, the rooms (not just ours) were definitely sub-par. When you walk into the hotel's grand entryway, with its sky-high ceiling, handsome pillars, sunfilled, glass-walled lounge, lovely artwork and mezzanine-balcony surrounds, you expect the rest of the hotel to match the grandeur. Unfortunately, the rooms were dirty (doors splattered with makeup, dirt and fingerprints, stains on sheets our first night, bits and pieces on the carpeted floor that remained there for four days and dirty windows), and upon asking all of our fellow guest acquaintances about their rooms, they virtually all said the same thing - disappointing and not very clean. I even left a note for housekeeping - two days in a row - about the dirty doors, and they still were not cleaned during the 5 days we were there. Worse, the bathroom sink was clogged and took all day to drain (the bathtub took about 40 minutes) and despite REPEATED requests to the housekeeping and front-desk staff (and assurances given that it would be remedied), nothing was done to fix it. The metal towel bar on the bathtub rack fell down with a clang every day with the slightest touch; I would leave it on the floor and return to find it put back but again, not fixed. Then, it rained heavily the second night of our stay and water came pouring in the sealed windows, and we could hear it running down inside the wall next to the bed all night. We had to put towels down beneath the windows and move our belongings away. When a manager responded (the next morning) to our notification of this, he made notes and said we were lucky because the floors above us (we were on the 16th) sustained far greater damage... That same night, while I was feeling very sick with a fever, I rented a movie in the room, but could not finish watching it because the audio did not match the video - a problem the front-desk staff said was a common occurrence that could not be remedied. Thankfully, they offered to remove the $18 charge from our bill and apologized for the inconvenience. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable, but we heard bangs all night long from the door to the vending & ice machines across the hall. And our room smelled of smoke (admittedly, we forgot to request a strictly non-smoking room). On a positive note, the staff - to a person - could not have been more friendly, helpful and professional. They are definitely the finest component of this hotel. From the pool man and bartender to the concierge, front desk, housekeepers, doormen, managers and waitstaff, they were all just terrific and made our stay quite pleasant despite the minor deficiencies of the lodgings. I did not personally use the spa or gym facilities, but those I know who did were impressed. Breakfast in the main restaurant was VERY expensive but very good (muffins and coffee from Starbucks on the main floor sufficed most days, but they ran out of muffin choices early), while burgers in the sports bar were char-burnt - terrible - and the food at the conference banquet we attended at the hotel was nearly inedible. We all tried to choke down dry, overcooked, pre-formed chicken "breasts," dry rice and soupy, oil-drenched green beans. No one at our table finished his or her $50 meal. Only the dessert - orange cheesecake - was decent, but we had to wait 20 minutes for coffee after it was served. Overall, we enjoyed our first visit to Tampa, but would likely book a different hotel should we have the opportunity to return.

Room Tip: Handicapped-accessible rooms have no bathtub and water from the shower SOAKS the bathroom. You have...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I flew to Tampa unexpectedly on business and picked this hotel at random. I walked in, asked for a room, and in 2 minutes got the key to one on the top floor. The hotel was very very nice, the room had a nice layout (similiar to an apartment), the water views are beautiful, great pool, and nice cafe inside (see my review on it). I will stay here next time I'm in Tampa.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lehigh Acres, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Hello! I really enjoyed my stay at your hotel! Everything was very nice, and of course it was an easy walk and close to my job for auto show at the Convention Center!

I thought the concierge lounge was particularly nice and it was great that you have computers and a printer up there as well. I had the pleasure of being taken care of by Carl Fuller Jr, one of the concierge lounge employees. He had such good energy, he was friendly and very attentive to the needs of the guests who were in the lounge. Carl is a great asset to your team!

Thanks again, and I hope to stay at your hotel again soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fishers, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Checked into hotel for 2 nights for a fun two days with my teenage daughter while house hunting in the area. Front desk was exceptionally kind to upgrade our room. We paid for Concierge level (flr 24) and our upgraded room was on floor 22. Have seen better concierge level amenities, but nice enough. Our biggest complaint was on our last night there, at 1:00 am we were evacuated via an emergency fire alarm. Despite being horrified, we had to run down 22+ flights of stairs in middle of the night. Exiting the hotel, there were NO hotel employees in sight to tell us anything. After standing outside for 30 minutes, we walked around the building to the front door, where everything appeared "normal". Again, after sitting in the lobby 20 minutes, NO ONE came up to us to explain anything. We finally tracked down what appeared to be a manager, and he shrugged his shoulders and told us to return to our room - false alarm. Wow, thanks a lot. No apology, no note under door (got bill though), no acknowledgement from front desk in morning. NOTHING. Will not stay again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. The concierge Fay was very pleasant, polite and really helpful. She went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. I got an upgrade and the room was really nice and the view was great. I took a lot of pictures to show my kids. I will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!