“F&B should improve” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Weston, Florida
“F&B should improve”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Perfect hotel for conventions!
Please improve service at the Water Side Grill (Water Front Patio), not only finger food served on plastic baskets!!
My food was leaking all over, impossible to use fork and knife as the bottom was paper on a not very clean plastic basket.
At night we decided to have a drink before going to bed and the waiter just handed the drinks, no napkins, no coasters, nothing....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1,114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Minnetrista, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I visited the Waterside Spa while in Tampa on business last week. Natalie gave me a great massage and a well-needed break in my day. The pricing is a little spendy but for convenience it was great being so close to the convention center. You could really make a few hours into a relaxing time.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Beautiful high-rise hotel at the south end of downtown Tampa...a south view hotel room overlooks Davis Island and part of the Port of Tampa...a north view room gives you the skyline of downtown Tampa and all of the beautiful lights at night...I stayed at this hotel the first week it opened...its a great hotel...very comfortable rooms with super a/c...the rooms are well decorated...it has a concierge lounge that is just great...it is undergoing some recent renovations in the lobby area - nice improvment...I had breakfast often in the lobby hotel restaurant and it is very good...there is also a lobby level sports bar - but I've never been in it!...the hotel is next door to the Tampa Bay Forum the home of the Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey Team...it is kitty-corner from the Tampa Convention Center...I've stayed in the Presidential Suite which is absolutely spectacular!!!!multiple balconies looking east - to the Forum and the Port of Tampa...spacious and very nicely decorated...was in for one night, of course, my wife wasn't with me and didn't especially appreciate hearing that I had the suite for the night - but it was special!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Northport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

First, everything from check in to check out was incredibly easy. We were travelling for a seminar and had our one year old son with us. The gentleman in the gift store went out of his way several times to get the milk that we needed each morning, and took the time to provide us with several boxes of cereal items for our son to choose from. The pool is amazing, very relaxing on the mornings that i didn't have to run off to seminars for the day. The cucumber water in the lobby is addicting, refreshing and a great pick me up. The lobby is relaxing and beautiful, and the outside patio overlooking the river walk was a beautiful place to relax at the end of the day. The last two days we were there, there was a wedding and a Bruins game at the forum, so the hotel was pretty packed, and our quite sanctuary on the patio was overrun by sports fans and wedding guests. This is not the fault of the hotel, just bad timing. My only complaint was the valet parking. We were late twice to our seminars at another hotel because of the time it took to get our car, despite the fact that we called down ahead for it 30 minutes prior to leaving. One night we informed the valet that we were just meeting our babysitter in the hotel and we would be back out to get the car in 15 minutes. We were told they would hold the car, but when we came down 15 minutes later, the car wasn't there. We waited 35 minutes for the car at that point and were late for our night seminar. Other than that one minor flaw, our stay was perfect and we will choose this hotel every time we come in for a Tampa seminar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting and positive comments. I would like to apologize for your experience with our valet company. I have shared this feedback with the relevant individuals. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to improve on our services.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We sat outside tonight and enjoyed a great dinner with a very nice server. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed a cuban sandwich, sweet potato "tots", and a jerk chicken salad. Everything was good and our server (Melody Bernstein) was very attentive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor. Melody was excited to see her name mentioned.
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The best thing I experienced was the Concierge Lounge at this hotel. The service in the morning by Carl Fuller, Jr was attentive and courteous. The service in the evening by Joyce Williams was phenomenal - she was so cheerful that her happy nature was contageous. Also, the Housekeeper, Mayra, who cared for my room left a nice note and was very friendly when I had a chance to meet her face-to-face.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the employees who made your stay enjoyable.
Northern Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I just stayed here for a conference. When I checked in the front desk told me i had two choices. One was a room next to the elevator bank (noisy) and the other one had two beds. I took the two bed option and the room was decent. I am Marriott gold and expected that they were taking care of me.

I found out from other co-workers who rarely travel and have no status with Marriott that they received much nicer rooms than I did. So I guess they don't really look to take care of frequent travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent posting. I would like to apologize for our inability to acknowledge your elite status. Please know that this is our priority. I have addressed this with our Front Desk Leadership Team. Thank you for your feedback.

Been to Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!