“What a wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Northport, New York
“What a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

First, everything from check in to check out was incredibly easy. We were travelling for a seminar and had our one year old son with us. The gentleman in the gift store went out of his way several times to get the milk that we needed each morning, and took the time to provide us with several boxes of cereal items for our son to choose from. The pool is amazing, very relaxing on the mornings that i didn't have to run off to seminars for the day. The cucumber water in the lobby is addicting, refreshing and a great pick me up. The lobby is relaxing and beautiful, and the outside patio overlooking the river walk was a beautiful place to relax at the end of the day. The last two days we were there, there was a wedding and a Bruins game at the forum, so the hotel was pretty packed, and our quite sanctuary on the patio was overrun by sports fans and wedding guests. This is not the fault of the hotel, just bad timing. My only complaint was the valet parking. We were late twice to our seminars at another hotel because of the time it took to get our car, despite the fact that we called down ahead for it 30 minutes prior to leaving. One night we informed the valet that we were just meeting our babysitter in the hotel and we would be back out to get the car in 15 minutes. We were told they would hold the car, but when we came down 15 minutes later, the car wasn't there. We waited 35 minutes for the car at that point and were late for our night seminar. Other than that one minor flaw, our stay was perfect and we will choose this hotel every time we come in for a Tampa seminar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting and positive comments. I would like to apologize for your experience with our valet company. I have shared this feedback with the relevant individuals. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to improve on our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We sat outside tonight and enjoyed a great dinner with a very nice server. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed a cuban sandwich, sweet potato "tots", and a jerk chicken salad. Everything was good and our server (Melody Bernstein) was very attentive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor. Melody was excited to see her name mentioned.
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The best thing I experienced was the Concierge Lounge at this hotel. The service in the morning by Carl Fuller, Jr was attentive and courteous. The service in the evening by Joyce Williams was phenomenal - she was so cheerful that her happy nature was contageous. Also, the Housekeeper, Mayra, who cared for my room left a nice note and was very friendly when I had a chance to meet her face-to-face.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the employees who made your stay enjoyable.
Northern Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I just stayed here for a conference. When I checked in the front desk told me i had two choices. One was a room next to the elevator bank (noisy) and the other one had two beds. I took the two bed option and the room was decent. I am Marriott gold and expected that they were taking care of me.

I found out from other co-workers who rarely travel and have no status with Marriott that they received much nicer rooms than I did. So I guess they don't really look to take care of frequent travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent posting. I would like to apologize for our inability to acknowledge your elite status. Please know that this is our priority. I have addressed this with our Front Desk Leadership Team. Thank you for your feedback.
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

As a Lifetime Platinum member with Marriott Rewards, I get many chances to see various different Concierge lounges around the world. This is my first trip to Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina, and I was not disappointed.

Albeit a bit small, it has an outdoor patio, which I just loved for having my breakfast -- a breakfast that incidentally was rather unique in that it didn't just include the standard scrambled eggs fare, but rather a different frittata every morning.

And Carl Fuller, Jr., who is responsible for the lounge was always "on it", very friendly and made sure the lounge was in impeccable shape.

Kudos!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor and for recognizing Carl.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The staff and service were very accommodating with an exceptional attitude. I had the pleasure of using the Concierge Lounge for breakfast each morning. The host, Carl Fuller Jr. was exceptional.
I would highly recommend this location to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your posting and for recommending us to friends and colleagues. We were pleased to see that you had an enjoyable time.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hubby loves this place and stays here a lot. Public areas are pretty and it's walking distance to convention center. The "luxury suites"? Not so luxurious. I don't find Murphy beds comfortable to sleep on ever, so unless you book an adjacent regular bedroom, you will be sleeping on that. Maid service was not so good. Upon entering the room, I noticed that some of the bric-a-brac, of which there is way too much, btw, talk about over decorated--not recommended for small kids--was damaged and dirty. There were hairpins on the dining area floor. There were dirty tissues under the sofa bed. The inside of the murphy bed was dusty and smelly. The bathroom wallpaper was moist with a slick/sticky residue. The cleaning lady had the nerve to ask us every morning when we would be leaving so she could clean. Hair pins and tissues were still on the floor when we got back.

Note to management: What is up with all these feathers? Why, in a sunny clime, do we have to sleep on top of a featherbed and under a feather comforter?? I had to strip the bed down because not only am I allergic, I can't stand to "sleep hot". And on a Murphy bed no less? How claustrophobic!

Because we're Platinum level we had access to the concierge lounge, which was lovely for breakfast and for dessert after dinner.

Overall, if your company pays for it great, but otherwise it's not worth it.

Room Tip: If you want a real suite get a corner suite PLUS an extra bedroom