“Nice property” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
north carolina
“Nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My room was nice and clean. I was right next to the elevator which was perfect. I could get to the meeting room in 2 minutes flat! The lighting in the meeting rooms were not that great. But my room was nice and even had a note from the housekeeper letting me know if I need anything to let her know. The waterside grill on the other hand was not so good. The first server said are you ready to order and we said no. Then quite awhile later another server came and got our drink order. Then I think they forgot about us. Finally the server comes back and takes our food order. The jerk chicken salad was fantastic. The service was terrible.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of the hotel. I would like to apologize for what you experienced at the Waterside Grill. I have shared your feedback with the Restaurant Leadership Team so that it can be addressed. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve on our services.

1,079 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Bernardsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've stayed at this Hotel many times while visiting my daughter at college: University of Tampa....They are always very helpful...Mo at the front desk and everyone he works with couldn't be nicer and more helpful from when I called for a reservation to checking into the Hotel and checking out...
The pool is great and better yet Jack at the pool is amazing....He is always very nice,helpful, attentive and really is very customer oriented to the fullest....I wish that everyone would take a lesson in Customer Service from Jack...
I can't wait to go back and visit my daughter and stay at The Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your post and for staying with us. Mo and Jack were pleased to see that you personally mentioned them.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I love the breakfast in the Concierge Lounge because everything is fresh, well stocked and I get to experience Carl work his magic. Frequently, there are demanding, impatient guests (they forget this stuff is free, evidently) and Carl has the very best attitude.

Great job, Carl!
Richard Cline

Room Tip: Try to get something that faces East and with a balcony so you can enjoy the sunrise!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent posting. Carl really does work his magic.
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Working for the airlines, I have the opportunity to stay at many hotels, including many Marriott brand hotels. This hotel deserves excellent ratings in all of the basic areas that are important to business travelers: the location is great, the room is updated, comfortable and clean (ask for a pool view); the swimming pool is huge, with true lap swimming; a modern, clean gym, and a friendly, knowledgable staff. A shout-out to Kaitlyn in Champs, whose exceptional service and attitude inspired me to write this review!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments and for giving Kaitlyn a shout out!
Freeport, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We just returned from a stay at the Waterside Hotel and everything about our stay was just perfect! The staff was very friendly and helpful - I left my phone in the car and our bellman offered to handle it. Minutes later our bellman arrived with my phone and waved out my tip for his trouble. The staff was engaging and remembered us. Our room was clean, the room service prompt, we did not have any noise issues and we fell in love with the fantastic waffles that are still calling our name. This was a very convenient place to stay next to the conference center with plenty to do while my spouse attended his conference. Would gladly stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments. We were pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Freeport, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The restaurants are excellent. Within walking distance to waterfront, convention center, parks and museums. I travel often and this has to be my all time favorite.

Room Tip: I received a senior discount also.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments and for indicating that our property is one of your all-time favorites. We look forward to one day serving you again.
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

hi my name is jen. i stayed at your hotel. really enjoyed my stay. everyone great. job. but there is one staff member. that made my stay memorable. i met her one night when i was coming from my room. she spoke to me in such a happy mood. she said my name is patricia pm housekeeping supervisor. i said to her how can you be so happy when your working. i told her that i was always on busines working. and never had time enjoy myself. she replied may i ask your name. than she said nice to meet you jen. she said is there anything i can do to make your stay better. i said not sure. patricia ask me if she could make suggestions. i said sure. we talked the whole time going to lobby.she took me and showed your hotel. places to eat in hotel. your spa and pool. . i felt like i had my own tour guide. thanks patricia for making my stay memorable. and thanks for being my personal tour guide. hope to see you soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!