“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Timmins
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for 5 nights for a conference. From arrival to departure the staff and management were found to be friendly, courteous, attentive, professional and knowledgeable. The valets were dressed professionally, polite and were very efficient. Thanks Duncan for all your assistance, my retail therapy added some weight to my luggage.The grounds with all the lush vegetation and outdoor dining and restaurant areas are clean and very attractive with beautiful night time lighting. We enjoyed sitting at the patio bar watching the personal watercraft cruise by. The hotel is connected to the Tampa Riverwalk, a pedestrian walkway which is along the Hillsborough River. The lobby is gorgeous, beautifully decorated with a continuous supply of lemon/lime water available for guests. The front desk staff upon arrival were courteous and welcoming. Our room was not quite ready (we arrived early), but arrangements were made to prepare our room and by the time returned from our lunch our room was ready. We had a very nice room on the 24th floor which had an outside terrace the same size as our room. Dee Dee, our housekeeper kept our room sparkling and left handwritten notes and chocolates. Two nice wrought iron tables with chairs were there for us to enjoy the beautiful view of Hillsborough and Tampa Bay. The sunrise and sunsets were amazing from the terrace. The meeting and conference rooms were very nice with comfortable seating. We certainly enjoyed the pool and kudos go out to Bruce who looks after everyone's needs at the pool and provided us with great information about the area. A very clean pool and deck! The drinks were nice and cold, thanks Jack and Brian. Julie and Judy from the Spa were very personable, and I thoroughly enjoyed my reflexology treatment and manicure. Thank you for the Mimosa ladies! Our favourite restaurant was the Waterside Grill, all staff were nice, food selection was good and all meals were very good. My favourite was the Cedar Key Clam Chowder. Kristina gave us valuable information on the streetcar and how the area had changed in the last 4-5 years. We also enjoyed the concierge club and I unfortunately forget the name of the nice attendant who worked in the evening, but she made sure everyone had everything they needed, even if we were a few minutes late, she brought us out the cheese plate. Lastly, I need to say that we heard a lot about the Marriott Waterside from the staff, they all seem very happy with their employer and it truly reflects in their work and treatment of guests. I don't think we've experienced hotel staff like that before, absolutely no complaints about this hotel or it's staff. We plan on returning to Tampa for a personal holiday and we will definitely book with the Marriott Waterside and room 2401.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

He attanded conference at hotel and I enjoyed the pool. Everyone was so hospitable and accomodating. Jack, Brian and Bruce kept the pool hopping. Amanda was very helpful when I was picking out sourvenirs. And Fay found us a great place to eat.

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

As you may expect from its name, the Tampa Waterside Marriott literally sits on the Tampa waterfront, and in the middle of the largest city along the Western coast of Florida. During sunset, you can see great views of the sinking colors over the water and marina if you get a room that overlooks the water and not the city side.

I have stayed here several times over the past 4 years and even though this has to be one of the largest Marriott hotels in the Sunshine state, a towering skyscraper really, the staff always acts professional, attentive and courteous.

Even though you might be one of out of a couple hundred guests when you stay in this hotel, I have always felt as I have been treated in a genuine and friendly manner.

The cleaning service attendants leave you innocuous hand-written notes with smiley faces on them, which I like, and the valet guys are always polite and offer great directions to the airport.

It is right next door to the convention center and a short distance to running paths and parks along the water. It also has a large gym facility, spa and pool which are open, if i am not mistaken, around the clock.

There are great restaurants like Berns steak house, and Spain Restaurant, nearby and other central Tampa sites.

Despite its size, book in advance, because it does tend to fill up quickly.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor that over looks the waterfront not the city view. The concierge lounge is very...
staten island new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed for a weekend to go to the football game. Hotel is not close to stadium but well worth the bit of travel. Everything was superb from the beds to the restaurants and the views. It is also the hotel the Saints stat in and getting autographs were an extra bonus.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank jan1414
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had the best massage in my life in this spa. My therapist was Julie, she makes excellent work. Already when you meet her, you feel very comfortable, because of her friendliness and her welcom smile in her face. During massage I could completely relax, it felt like she has magic hands! Really Julie is a great therapist.
Also when you walk in the spa, Trinn at the front desk is very friendly and helpfull! The spa is big, clean and nice decorated. You will definately enjoy your time in this spa!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank nadia b
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

No real complaints about this stay except for the prices. I live in Washington, DC so I'm used to inflated prices, and I guess I just expected things to be more affordable at a Marriott in Tampa, FL. $16 for a glass of wine, $15 for a bowl of yogurt, possibly the only hotel I've stayed at in 3 years that does not offer free wifi (included if you are a member), $22/day for valet. Plus tax. Plus tip.

All of that aside, if money is no object for you then this is a lovely hotel. The lobby is beautiful, the hallways are quiet, the gym is one of the larger I've seen at a hotel with both water and towels stocked. We received an upgrade based on our Marriott status for a waterfront room. All of the staff were very nice and helpful and I would generally recommend, though you could probably do better for the money elsewhere.

• 2 of 5 stars
Palm Bay, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

From the grand entrance way, to the water view and Cosmos at the bar there was everything needed to help make the night enjoyable. Eric Wallace even added to the comfort by delivering me a taste of home.

• 5 of 5 stars
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor. We were pleased that you had an enjoyable night and that we were able to deliver you a taste of home.