“Nicely Run” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nicely Run”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took advantage of my partner's conference taking place at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina. Clean, good service (except for the valet being hit or miss), good food, great outside eating and bar.

Room Tip: The sunset is fantastic when you get a room on the South side of the building.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting and for your kind words about our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire hotel for what you experienced with our valet. Please know that I have shared this feedback with them and moving forward we will reevaluate our staffing levels during need times. We appreciate your business and much like yourself enjoy the fantastic sunsets on a regular basis!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This place has great views and is near the convention center. Rooms are very nice and are clean. Great bar in the lobby and they have a neat sports bar. Will stay here again. Get a room looking out over the water. Great boats.

• Stayed February 2013
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments about the hotels cleanliness and bars. We appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that you are planning on staying here again.
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It is always a pleasure staying at this hotel. Great location with trolley stop across the street. Hockey at the forum is in walking distance. Champions Bar and Grill is a great place to pre-game. The staff is always friendly and courteous. And the setting on the waters awe inspiring. A truly great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recent posting on TripAdvisor and for your remarks on how friendly our staff is. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Raeford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I decided to take my wife to the Marriott Waterside for a late celebration of our anniversary. I booked the hotel online. The Marriott website is very easy to use and is my first choice if I have the option. Upon arrival I checked in with Tim who has very pleasant and extremely helpful. Our room was on the 24 floor with a huge balcony overlooking the port of Tampa with a180 degree view of the downtown area. I had a full day planned for Saturday in Ybor City so we used the hotel as our base. The hotel is centrally located to most of the top sites in the downtown Tampa area. Directly outside of the hotel is a trolley stop that takes you around the entire city. It will drop you off at the cruise lines or take you all the way to Ybor City, which is the old Latin Quarter of the city. I scheduled a couples massage for my wife and myself and could not have been happier with the results. The Spa is outstanding and well staffed. Our massage therapist were top notch. On Sunday morning I scheduled to have breakfast delivered. The order came exactly on time and we ended up eating breakfast on the balcony overlooking the city. During a couple of our breaks we also had drinks at their in-house bar which has a huge selection. The only downsize is the valet which is run by a separate company. The normal wait to have your car brought around was about 20 minutes. Even when I called down to have it brought around they still seemed to take their time. At one point, after giving my ticket, I realized they had not even taken my keys with them to the car lot. This was seen over and over by other guest as well. I understand this happening during the rush hours, but I used them over multiple time periods, and the result was always the same. Overall the hotel experience exceeded my expectations. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Try to get above the 24th floor if possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kinds words regarding Tim and the Spa attendants. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire hotel for what you experienced with our valet. Please know that I have shared this feedback with them and moving forward we will reevaluate our staffing levels during need times. We appreciate your business and this opportunity to improve on the overall experience we offer our guests
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

A very nice, very large, very component Marriott. A convention hotel with a bit more desire than typical to please and provide excellent service. If you're not stuck in the convention center, you will need a car to go anywhere. However, valet parking was excellent even though the car was parked in the parking garage two blocks away. I had a comer handicap room which was very large and comfortable. in-room safe and a refrigerator. Balcony with table and chairs. Room service was efficient given the size of the hotel; breakfast in the restaurant was very good. Outside restaurants are a drive.

Room Tip: Water view is better than the parking garage view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor. We really appreciated your positive remarks. We look forward to one day serving you again.
Ridgefield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Attended conference at this hotel. Hotel is very large and in good condition. Waterfront - but there is no beach. The hotel is on a narrow channel with marinas and a long walkway from which you can see dolphins and rays. The hotel is close to downtown Tampa, in a renewed area, but not really walkable to most of downtown.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent posting. I also enjoy walking down the Riverwalk and seeing dolphins and rays. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times for conferences. It's a nice hotel and in a good location. I would suggest asking for a room that overlooks the water instead of downtown. As with any business hotel, expect to pay for everything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent posting. We were pleased to hear that you have used our hotel on many different occasions. Thank you for your loyalty and feedback.

Been to Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!