“Always a great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando
“Always a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Ok, I am pre disposed to like this hotel. It is in one of my more favorite cities to be sent to work. It is part of my favorite chain of hotels and it is my favorite brand of that chain of hotels. That said, there is a reason I stay at this property more than four times a year, it is great. The property is very busy and everywhere you look is other repeat buisiness travelers. Some of them I swear I see everytime I am there. The breakfast is well above par for a free breakfast and the staff is well above par as well. The hotel is, as other reviewers have stated (complained), under work. Maybe that is the reason that, even though this is no longer a new hotel, it still looks new. The property is very clean, well kept and well appointed. The rooms are large and the parking is close and well lit. Located near a plethora of restaurants and shopping, including the two largest malls in the area. So if you are looking for a great location, a great hotel and great staff, just look past the colorful neiborhood and realize that this is a safe and great hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
SHSGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
It is the greatest compliment to our hotel to have our "loyal repeat guests". It lets us know that we must be doing something right if so many people continue to return on a regular basis. Words can not describe my appreciation for your wonderful feedback and for your continued business. My staff and I work hard to ensure we satisfy every guest, every stay,and I am glad it shows. Thank you for again taking the time to share your experience and if I can ever be of any other assistance to you, please let me know. We can't wait to see you again!
Denise Kauble

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed here during our trip to Busch Gardens. It is a very nice hotel with new amenities. Very quiet as we did not hear any other guests on our floor the whole time. It is located about 15 minutes from Busch Gardens and is convenient to get to off of the Freeway. There are a lot of eating options in the area as well. I would definitely stay here in the future. The gentlemen at check in was extremely nice as well.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
SHSGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience at the SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport! I am pleased to here that you enjoyed staying at our hotel and all the amenities we have to offer. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our Front Desk Clerk. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Close to the airport, shopping malls, short drive to St. Petersburg & Clearwater beach. There were some nice restaurants closeby too. Definitely enjoyed our stay. The breakfast, although free, can be improved. Overall, a very nice hotel to relax.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at the SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport! I am pleased to here that you enjoyed staying at our hotel and all of the wonderful things to do nearby. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stay at this hotel when I have meetings near the airport. It has everything I need and nothing more. When I stay several nights, I like having the extra room of a suite. There are several decent quick serve restaurants withing walking distance and the complimentary breakfast is pretty good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
SHSGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel. We are glad to hear that you prefer to stay with us when you are in the area. The larger rooms, complimentary breakfast and large variety of restaurants in the area make our hotel a great locations for travelers. Please let me know if I can be of any service to you while you are here. See you soon!
Lebanon, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

We went to Busch Gardens and decided to get a hotel close to the airport. This hotel was close to all the restaurants and main roads. It had a complimentary shuttle to the airport which took us 7 minutes to get there. We returned our rental car the night before, took the shuttle back, and took to shuttle to the airport the next day. It was really easy...which is helpful when travelling with little kids!

The front desk staff were courteous and helpful. Our rooms were spacious and clean. The pool was well maintained and there were plenty of chairs and towels. The complimentary breakfast they offered was very plentiful and well stocked. (Eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, juices and coffee) There were computer stations around the hotel so that you could print up your boarding passes...enough so you didnt have to wait.

All in all, I was impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience at our hotel! It is great to hear that an unexpected one night stay was so impressive for you. We have so many great amenities to offer our guests and I am pleased to hear about the ones you were able to enjoy while staying with us. Our staff takes great pride in giving our guests the very best and we hope that when you return to the Tampa area you will stay with us again. Denise Kauble
dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

We liked the location and cleanliness but the toilet didn't work the morning we left and they didnt' care about fixing it. The rooms were remodeled and staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel! I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the toilet and assure you that we take pride in resolving issues promptly. I am happy to hear that the staff was friendly. We hope to see you again soon!
mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

We stayed here for two days at the end of March after two days at the Quorum across the street.Being very unimpressed with the Quorum I walked over to check rates at Springhill. After explaining my sub-par stay next door,Denise showed me a room,gave me a great rate and I booked a room on the spot. I have stayed at many hotels,resorts and time shares from Mass to Florida and have been always treated best at a Marriott property.As for Denise....this sounds corny but your customer service skills are the perfect mix of professional and friendly.From now on I will cut to the chase and stick to Marriott. My next stop in Florida ( june/july) will be at the Royal Palms in Orlando,then it looks like a couple of days at Springhill with my family. See you then..Lastly, my next email will be to Marriott corporate to let them know they have another satisfied customer.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear what a great stay you had with us and then it was improved compared to our competition. It is my pleasure, as well as the staffs, to ensure that our guests needs are met and that their stay is not only enjoyable but memorable also. I can't wait to see you in the future!