“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Plantersville, Texas
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was there in a school related trip with 11 teenage kids for 3 nights. The hotel was clean and the amenities were good. Breakfast was good and the staff was great providing for the kids and meeting our schedule. The kids loved the pool and hot tub. It was close to the airport which was a plus.

Stayed June 2014
Shawn S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
We are very glad your group enjoyed the stay with us. We appreciate the kind remarks. We look forward to a return visit in 2015.

Shawn Stan, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Crawfordville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I really liked the whole experience. The room was outstanding and I love the sectional; very comfortable. The beds were nice as well. Bathroom a little bit tight, but better than most; I loved the tile. I will definitely go here again and travel frequently to the area for corporate office work.

Room Tip: The back of the building is most likely quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the property and we look forward to your next visit.

Brandon, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

clean suite with refrig and microwave. good work space. pretty flowers outside. grounds well attended. free coffee 24 hours a day. nice pool and fitness area. good location-close to airport, interstate and restaurants.

breakfast o.k. but didn't have waffles.

Room Tip: upper floor was quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind remarks. We look forward to your next visit.

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel is in an ok location. Near a Starbucks and restaurants, but also near strip clubs.

The shuttle bus is a total disaster. Beat up and feels unsafe. Nice driver, though.

Internet at this hotel is terrible. Cannot send an email attachment. For those who know internet, the download is .6, the upload .19. Terrible.

Management was unhelpful per the internet and could not solve the issue.

Try other hotels in the area and use this as a last resort of acceptable lodging.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for you candid comments about our hotel. I'm very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I'm new to the location and would love an opportunity to make it right. Please feel free to contact me so that I can make the situation right. I look forward to speaking with you.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here for two nights during a conference and was extremely disappointed. The room was overall clean, but it was dark and dated. It also seemed oddly claustrophobic. I was just glad that I literally only was in my room to sleep. Breakfast was a disappointment as well. The parking lot became full very quickly at night - this was during the week. Had to park behind the hotel and did not feel exceptionally safe walking to the hotel.

Would not stay here again. I'm sure there are better properties nearby. Not what I expect from Marriott, especially for the price that I paid.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I'm very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like an opportunity to make this situation right. Please feel free to contact me to correct this. I appreciate your candid comments about your stay. They will only help us to improve our location.

Idaho Falls, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed here before an early morning flight. Got a sixth floor room at the end of the hall overlooking the pool -- quiet and spacious, with almost no noise. Good bedding and towels, and nice bath products. Couch was functional, but not overly comfortable to read on for any length of time. Kitchenette was functional. Oddly, a full-length mirror was in the bathroom foyer, directly across from the bed - suppose some folks might like that. The carpet and floors were clean, but some of the other furniture like the decorative credenza hadn't been dusted for a while. Didn't get to sample breakfast, but coffee was available in the room and the lobby. The 5:30 am shuttle picked me up exactly on time and had me to the airport 10 minutes later. I'd definitely consider this hotel again for an extended stay or an overnight.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for staying at our hotel before your early morning flight. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you during future visits to the Tampa area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Myself, my fiancé and our 45+ wedding guests stayed at this hotel prior to our December 2013 cruise wedding. I did a lot of research, looking for a hotel that was moderately priced, clean and conveniently close to the airport, cruise port and shopping. The Springhill Suites provided all of the above.

We were able to secure a group rate for our guests. The reservation staff were helpful and always prompt at returning phone calls. We also wanted to have a dinner for our guests prior to the cruise. We looked at several restaurants in the area, but ultimately decided to host the dinner in one of the hotel's 3 event spaces. Reserving the space was easy and cost $100. The staff was helpful and flexible. They provided everything that I needed, and our guests had a great time. The catering company they recommended provided a delicious meal.

I have seen some complaints about the worn conditions of the rooms. Although the furniture decently appeared to be well broken in, the rooms were clean and spacious. In addition, the common areas of the hotel were always emmaculate. I would to hesitate to stay at this hotel again. I thank the staff for their hospitality. Their efforts made the kick-off to our big day an enjoyable time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport? Share your experiences!