“A good place to stay before a cruise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #63 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Cleveland, Ohio
“A good place to stay before a cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a solid, basic hotel, that is very convenient to restaurants and malls. We stayed for one night before our cruise and it was just right. The hotel van picked us up within a few minutes and we were checked in right away. The desk clerk gave us a map, showed us how to get to the malls and restaurants, and we were on our way. The room was comfortable, clean, and breakfast was good. We had ordered through the front desk transportation to the cruise port, and the driver was on time, courteous, and efficient. We have no complaints about this hotel and would stay there again. Plus, we were able to use Marriott points which made it really nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pt. Pleasant, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I typically like Springhill Suites properties, as most I have stayed in are newer and have a good free breakfast. The rooms are spacious, with plenty of space for working and relaxing. However, I felt this property needs to try harder!

My first impression was of the front desk clerk, who was efficient - but not vey welcoming. My room was okay. My Marriott profile specifies a King bed room, and I was given a 2 Double bed room instead. I was okay with that, but I wondered why it hadn't been mentioned during check-in. The decor is kind of odd here, I think they are going for an Ikea style Euro look and not quite getting there. In any case, the room was large and had plenty of room, although the closet was tucked in the farthest corner of the room and was tight on space.

The location is good. You are a very short distance from restaurants, shopping, (Westshore Plaza, for example) and it is a nice morning run to get down to Cypress Point Park and back. There is a Shell station next door with a mini mart, which is convenient for snacks, water, soda, beer, etc. Although the hotel also has a small market area as well.

Breakfast was okay. The one morning I did eat there, the eggs were cold and kind of rubbery. I hoped for non-fat, sugar-free yogurt, but no luck. But for the most part, there were plenty of choices on the buffet.

My biggest disappointment at this hotel was in room cleanliness, unfortunately. My bathroom was not cleaned properly (toilet not cleaned, toilet paper not replaced, etc.) I find that to be really unacceptable.

I did have the chance to sit poolside for a short while and the area was quite nice. Even though it faces the road, it was relatively private and it had sun all day.

For the price I paid, I expected better. I would look for an alternative next time.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Punta Gorda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went for a concert and decided we would just stay overnight. Booked the room well in advance and requested no smoking (not even sure they offered it but still requested it). The bed was harder than the floor and the mattress reeked of smoke, meaning someone who smoked had obviously spent a significant of time sleeping on it. Apparently, this place caters to longer term stays and doesn't mind smokers.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere if smoke and rock hard mattresses are a problem.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Huge thanks to the staff at SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport who picked me up at the airport after I had just missed my flight and took me back to what was a haven of solid sleep.

The shower had great pressure, the bed was comfortable, the wake up call on time, and the ride back to the airport to try again (with coffee in hand) was a good experience as well. As was the $20 discount on my stay.

Thanks SpringHill Suites!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Where shall I begin:
1: upon arrival I was told that as a platinum member I was entitled to free bottles of water. Took three bottles( one per guest) to the room. Left room to go to aquarium. Took 3 more bottles , no problem with another person at front desk.
2. Arrived back in room that night. Our request , which I had confirmed at check in for feather pillows, and was assured that feather pillows were in my room, turned out to be lumpy foam. Called front desk. They sent up ore foam. Called front desk again. Again they sent foam. Third time they got it right.
3. Opened closet door ( single bifold ) to get extra blanket for our grandson and door fell off track and almost cracked his head
4, next morning, took 3 waters on way to ball field and was told they were not free. I explained that I was told yesterday that they were because I was a platinum member. She said no, $2 each. I said keep them and bought 24 bottles at 7-11store for $3.99
5. Return to room that night. Housekeeping clearly straightened up, but did not replenish toilet paper, shampoo, etc. and even left a clean empty soap dish.
6. A notice came around that for the next 48 hours no one should use the water in the city of tampa for drinking, wishing your face, rinsing your mouth, etc., without boiling it. I had no problem as I had my bottled water. This DUMP put out 2 gallons of water with small paper cups.
7. Computer to print boarding passes was not working.
Last but not least, on day 3 of 6 I wrote to the General Manager of the hotel. Have you heard from him, I certainly have not!

I chose this particular Marriott for its location near Steinbrenner Field. There are several other marriotts in the neighborhood. Better off in a hotel with a roll away bed.

Room Tip: Do not choose any room here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
West Burlington, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My young son and I stayed at this hotel in January and felt very rested and the location is great. The pool and hot tub were clean and warm. My son liked the hot continental breakfast (with hot waffles) the best. The selection of foods were good and fresh and the worker who covered the area did a great job keeping the area clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Niceville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards member and was very disappointed. The room was fine except for the lumpy bed and the maid kept turning off the heat and putting the AC on when the temperature was in the 30’s. The breakfast was awful, not sure what kinds of eggs those were but they were cold. There was no bacon or sausage and only biscuits and gravy. Grabbed a muffin and it was stone cold.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa Westshore Airport? Share your experiences!