“Excellent Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Ohio
“Excellent Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was a wonderfull hotel for a night stay before flying out of Tampa.About a five minute drive to the airport, a few minute walk to Payless car rental. Close to shopping malls. The rooms were spacious and very clean well worth the price of $89.00. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Annandale, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our king room was very spacious--more than I anticipated. The bed was very comfortable. We had one of the best breakfasts of our 3 week trip--only the Residence Inn had a better one. Near the airport, we had no airplane noise. And the senior rate was very good. We were next to the elevator which raised a red flag--but we had no elevator noise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I had a very early morning flight out of Tampa International Airport. Since it is a one-hour drive from our house to the airport, we decided to stay at a hotel near the airport the night before the flight to save ourselves the hastle of getting up in the middle of the night and making the drive and worrrying about highway conditions, etc. We decided to try the Springhill Suites after looking through Kayak to find a reasonable hotel relatively close to the airport. We are so pleased with this hotel that we both agreed that next time we have an early early flight, we will stay here again! This property was so clean, so modern, so well maintained that it made us very comfortable. The people at the front desk were very helpful and pleasant. The room was more than we expected - large enough to spread out our bags, a microwave and fridge and a coffeemaker included. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom nicely divided between the tub/shower and the mirror and sink so that two people could get ready quickly to head for the airport. There is a nice pool area if you are there in warm weather and easy access to restaurants and the airport. We drove our car to the economy garage and took the shuttle to the terminal. I don't know if the Springhill Suites offers a Park and Fly package.
We will definitely use this property again if we need to stay overnight before a flight.

Room Tip: Pool view is relaxing
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have to admit, I haven't used this brand by Marriott before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I came away dazzled- the rooms were clean, VERY comfortable with a great sectional couch with a chaise, a table to eat on, and a great bed. The bathrooms were marble with nice Speakman shower heads and Paul Mitchell products! Seriously, nicer and more high end than some hotels at triple the price. Breakfast was well stocked with everything that you could want. Best of all was the staff- friendly, customer focused and cheerful- a rarity today!
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Was in Tampa for biz, chose this hotel b/c of proximity to airport and office. What a fine choice I made. This place is immaculate inside and out. My room was as clean as I imagine it could have been. Springhills are cool floorplans, a least the latest ones anyway, which this is.

I didn't use the breakfast but noticed it was fully stocked on my pass by. I used the pool which I had to myself, it was clean and inviting.

I will def stay here again when in town.

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We chose this hotel because we were flying from Tampa the next day on an early flight and wanted to make sure we were there in time. It is convenient to the airport, and there's a free 24 hour shuttle service to the cruiseport or the airport. What we didn't expect was that they would let us leave our car there at no charge for the four days we were away. That meant a lot to us.

The room was clean and more than big enough, breakfast was fine, the beds were comfortable, and the price was very reasonable. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My family and I stayed for two nights (Thank goodness! because I would of slept in my car if I had to stay one more night)1st night had to be moved twice. 1st ants were in sofa bed. 2nd room cheerios and food residue were in sofa bed. Disgusting. I even asked could we stay over at the Mariott across the street becasue this was VILE!The morning we left, there were still ants in the 3 room's carpet and bed. Some had gotten into my laptop! Was glad to leave. We gave it one star because treadmills were really nice. Breakfast was complimentary from 7:00am to 10:00 a.m. (waffles, eggs, bagels, yogurt, juice, ) but there was a Sargeant of Arms that watched over you and the food you ate. And make sure you get enough juice, because it is cut off LITERALLY exactly at 10:00 a.m. I have stayed at many hotels and have never seen anything like this. Lobby is clean. Was so happy we spent most of the day at Busch Gardens. But was very disappointed that this hotel would even have the ardesty to put Mariott in its name.

Room Tip: Carry some bug repellent and make sure sofa bed has been cleaned out.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family