“Fabulous hotel, we'd go to Tampa just to stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #28 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Fredericton, Nb
“Fabulous hotel, we'd go to Tampa just to stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

We stayed at this Residence Inn so that we could be reasonably close to Busch Gardens, rather than having to drive all the way back to Orlando after playing all day. What a surprise this gem was. The customer service was outstanding, really and truly outstanding. We were also surprised by the evening social hour, on one night we had salads, soup, a selection of cheese and crackers with wine, beer and lemonade, all complimentary. On another night we had mexican foods. Both were wonderful.

The hot tub was perfect, we were there during a cold snap and the hotel had kept the hot tub really nice and hot and the pool was very warm.

The room was perfect, clean, tidy and very spacious. We thought that the street noise may be a problem but with the fan in the room running all the noises were completely blocked out.

This was a really great hotel. One of the best we've stayed in.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I love newly remodeled Residence Inns, all of them. Nice rooms with everything you need and free hot breakfast with options at good prices. We shared a room with friends for one night, 4 adults. We left two cars for 7 nights and they were just as we left them when we returned.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Met my husband there as he was doing business in the area and I wanted a few last days of summer. The rooms were average for a Marriot, there was no clock radio in the room which was irritating, but had flat screen TV and the regular amenities. The pool was pretty good, I was the only one there, which was kind of nice in a way, but the one day I decided to swim, the water tasted very salty and the bottom of the pool felt a bit slimy. I opted to drive to the beach for the remainder of my stay! I wanted to use the whirlpool, but one look at it changed my mine, especially after my experience in the pool. Business center was what you expect, there was a Starbucks in the lobby that was closed most of the day and they were charging almost $4 for a small coffee...I opted to drink the coffee in the room until I get out and about. The gym was typical, the TV's were way too loud and I could only find one remote control - again I was the only one in there. The one saving grace for me was the bed! It was like sleeping on clouds. The first morning I ended up sleeping until almost 9:00 am - which is UNHEARD of for me, usually up and moving by 7 every morning...I just couldn't help myself and let myself indulge. I would recommend this hotel, probably best for the business traveler, it's close enough to a mall with good restaurants and close to I275, plan on about 30 min to get to any beach if that's your plan.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

I love this property. They just remodeled the lobby. The staff is amaizing. Great restaurants in walking distance. I will be back to this property mostly because the staff is so nice. I like the rooms and location too, but GREAT service....very genuine people. Perfect for business travlers. They make you feel like home at this property
Nice treadmills too....

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Our stay at the Residence Inn was fantastic.
Great studio suite, plenty of room, very clean.
Very helpful staff.
The breakfast and the evening buffet are very tasty and all served on china not the usual paper.
We would stay there again any time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

I stayed at this Residence Inn for 2 nights while attending a wedding in Tampa. I had booked a studio suite but was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite. My room consisted of a kitchen with a full-sized fridge, a range, a microwave, a dishwasher, and sink. There were pots for cooking, flatware, plates, etc. The kitchen had everything I needed. There was a living room with a couch, chair, ottoman, table, and flat screen TV. There was also a desk just inside the door and a table for eating near the kitchen. Off of the living room, I had a small balcony. My bedroom had a queen-sized bed, two nightstands, a dresser, and another flat screen TV. Off the bedroom was a vanity area and the bathroom. The room came with an iron/ironing board and hair dryer.

Check-in was fast and efficient and the front desk staff gave me a nice map that showed all of the area restaurants and stores. Everytime I asked them for directions, they were super helpful and nice.

One afternoon I used the pool area to sunbathe. The pool itself was very cold, but I thought I had read that it was supposed to be heated. Not sure if it wasn't heated, or if it just wasn't very warm. I did enjoy the hot tub. Off of the pool area, is a small basketball court. I didn't use it, but if my husband had been with me, I know he would've enjoyed it.

The only slightly negative remark I have is on the included breakfast. The eggs didn't look very appetizing and I bit into a potato and it was still frozen. I know the breakfast in complementary and I was not expecting anything fancy, but I do think if you're going to offer a hot breakfast, you should at least do it well. There weren't many choices of cereals and yogurts and other cold items. My suggestion would be that instead of offering a mediocre "hot" breakfast, perhaps refocus and just serve a really excellent cold continental breakfast. I know this hot breakfast is a hallmark of the Residence Inn brand, but I am not sure they are doing it particularly well. The make-your-own waffles did look good and seemed popular. Again, I wasn't totally disappointed in the breakfast and I was able to have some fruit and a muffin and was fine. Just a little suggestion. Nothing that affected my stay. And, hey, every room has a kitchen so you are able to prepare your own, I suppose.

The location was great. It's right across the street from the International Plaza (which I suppose you could walk to, but I wouldn't recommend it). In the parking lot there are a couple of restaurants and delivery is available from many more. Within a 5-10 minute drive is just about every chain and store you could think of. Also, it's just about a 7 minute drive from the airport.

I had a very nice stay at this hotel and was sorry to leave. You can't beat the suits. I really felt at home here.

• Liked — The location, the suites, and the free internet access in the lobby
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

I just want to second what mcemanuel wrote below in his/her review. Hard to add much after that very thorough review!

What I will add is this: our room was so nice and looked so new, I had to ask if this was a new hotel. They said it is about 5 to 7 years old, but all the rooms have just been renovated over the last 3 or 4 months. They also said the lobby and breakfast area will be going through renovations in the next month or so (May 2008?).

They have a great manager's reception every night Monday through Thursday from 5pm to 7pm in the breakfast area, with beer/wine/soda, and munchies like tacos, cheese, soups, and veggies.

The hotel is in a great location. It is about 20 miles to Clearwater Beach and 15 minutes to Busch Gardens. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance. We ate at Lee Roy Selmon's Retaurant right across from the hotel and enjoyed it.

MAJOR HINT: This hotel is NOT on Boy Scout Blvd.! Boy Scout Blvd. is only 1 block long and not identified very well on any street signs. From I-275, take Exit 40B, Lois Ave and head North. The hotel will be on your left about 1 mile from I-275. From Dale Mabry Nortbound, make a left onto W. Columbus Dr which turns into Boy Scout, but turn left onto Lois then right into the hotel.

• Liked — Newness, cleanliness, comfort, location, and 2 flat screen TVs in the room.
  • Disliked — Trying to find the place the first time, but once we found it, it was easy getting to.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!