“A Great Place to Spend Some Time” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #37 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“A Great Place to Spend Some Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here as a part of a pre-summer family getaway to Busch Gardens Tampa 5/30/14-6/1/14. As there was 12 of us in total we needed a hotel that would accommodate all of us comfortably plus offer attractive amenities that would cater to nearly everyone. This Residence Inn certainly did not disappoint. Everyone had a 2 bedroom suite which I expected to be large but never did I think the suites would have included as much as they did. While we appreciated the FULL kitchens and the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom layout the fireplaces in the rooms blew me away. Granted this was late May in Florida but a nice touch nonetheless. The bed was divine and the shower was piping hot and had plenty of water pressure.

What sealed this property for us was the free breakfast. Most of us in our party made it up in time to take advantage and we thoroughly enjoyed the myriad of selections available. I especially loved the yogurt/granola/fresh fruit cups they prepared.

Recovering from the hustle of the theme park was a breeze here as the hotel has a pool, whirlpool spa and a mini basketball court. Truly something for everyone to enjoy.

The hotel itself is tastefully decorated and was aesthetically pleasing throughout. The only pain point was a surly front desk associate. I thought maybe it was just us that annoyed her but her attitude was present with everyone in the line to check in that evening. That blemish notwithstanding I loved staying here and look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Good Afternoon JFlow08

768 square feet of comfort is what you found when you stayed with us in our Two Bedroom Suite. I am very happy to hear we were able to accommodate you and your family. From our outdoor pool maintained at a wonderful 82 degrees and a spa heated to 102 degrees, to our extensive hot breakfast buffet full of numerous breakfast options including the fresh granola and fruit yogurt cups the Residence Inn Tampa Westshore is the perfect place to stay when you have a group your size. Might I recommend coming back and staying for a few days for a post summer family getaway?

Ok...enough of me trying to solicit you for a future stay. it was great having you here and now that we have you hooked I am sure we will see you again in the future.

Enjoy your Summer

ri.tpaws.gm@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chandler, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Been staying here for the last 4 years everytime I come out for a Bucs game. terrific location, able to walk to the stadium, huge mall across the street, and about 2 miles to the airport. But the best part of the locale is Lee Roy Selmons restaurant in the parking lot, CANNOT BE BEAT! Rooms are huge, comfortable, and clean. Service outstanding! Stay here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
GO BUCS!!

Thanks Ryan L for the great write up on our Residence Inn Tampa Westshore. I finally made the walk from the stadium to my hotel just to see what all you die hard fans go through every year. It only took me 15 minutes. A couple of years ago I went to one of their games and it took me over an hour to drive back to the hotel.

With the new coaching staff on board this year I am sure things will be exciting. We will see you again shortly. Book early....some games are filling up the hotel already.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am a Silver Elite Marriott Rewards member, and reserved using a AAA rate. Stayed during Memorial Day weekend to see the Red Sox play the Rays in St. Pete. The occupancy was high at the hotel due to a music festival held at the nearby stadium, so there was much foot traffic at the complimentary breakfast and in the lobby, however, this did not affect the high quality of our overall stay. The studio suite was spotless and comfortable. Our room was at the very end of a hallway, so did not hear any hallway noise at all. Did not utilize the kitchen cooktop or microwave, only the refrigerator for keeping spring water bottles cold and to store restaurant leftovers.

Green Features: No designated recycle bins/receptacles in guest room or lobby. Brought several empty plastic bottles to the reception desk to inquire; the associate took them to a recycle bin behind the reception desk area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Hello BrookieCat -

I was up at the desk when you were leaving. I remember because of your comments regarding recycle bins and us assisting you with your plastics. By the way...thank you for doing your part. I actually have a back seat in my jeep full of empty drinking bottles because I refuse to throw them away. I wait for the opportunity to put them in a proper recycling bin.

Thank you again for choosing Marriott and for staying at my Residence Inn Westshore.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Second review of this location - another 3 week stay and RI didn't disappoint. Free breakfast, evening meals a couple nights a week, room always clean and well prep'd. Parking was a little crowded this trip but there are good options around the side. Walking distance to the mall and a lot of very good restaurants in the area.

Super friendly staff - no issues for our business team.

We will use this location again and again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Welcome back NYSAILORGAL

It has been a few years since your last review of our hotel and it is GREAT to know that we still do not disappoint. My sincerest apologies for the parking challenges. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment again on your stay. We are always here for you. We will see you next time.

Until then....enjoy life to its fullest.

Worcester, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Just returned from a 5 day stay at this location. First time in Tampa and easy to find from the airport. Before I begin I must say that I spent 10 years as a bellman, doorman and concierge at a large hotel in Boston in my working years. Check in was flawless, good greeting etc. She asked what we preferred and I said a quiet area of the hotel would be great, to which she assigned us to room 808. The room - clean, housekeeping should get a star, comfortable beds and pillows, almost all that one would ask for at home. Yes, there was a worn spot on the carpet and the key slot on the back entrance door was tricky to use but that was it. Every day when we returned, our room was made up perfectly, clean and neat. The morning breakfast while not 5 star was fine, if one wanted moms home cooking, stay home. The coffee was fresh and hot, the yogurt fruit cups were fresh and the muffins as well. My wife made me a waffle with fresh fruit on top that really started the day off. The hotel was very accommodating when I inquired about storing our luggage as we had a 8PM flight. I must say that this weekend they were very busy with young folks attending a concert in Tampa, but that did not deter the front desk from smiling and being pleasant when I inquired. Actually they were all the time we stayed there as well. This location was so easy to find and return to the airport that I would not think about staying anyplace else on a return visit. International Plaza is a short distance away and has some great shops and restaurants to visit. The exterior of the property was clean and well maintained as was the pool area. Plenty of towels by the pool to use and deposit too. Noise level, I did not hear anything from outside, nor did I hear other rooms as well. On Thursday the hotel cleaned the carpets on our floor, every room and hallway. When we got off the elevator about 2PM a man came over and presently told us to be careful as the carpets might be a bit wet and to keep the AC on for a couple of hours. Not a problem and there was no smell so we were happy.

Hello LaurenceJ -

Welcome to Tampa! Thank you so much for choosing our Residence Inn Westshore for your first hotel experience in Tampa. I am so happy we did not let you down and that your stay was so enjoyable. There a lot of fantastic restaurants in the area and many are local flavors. We are only 40 minutes from the beach and 45 minutes to Orlando. If you are looking for a place somewhere in the middle we are definitely where you would want to be. I hope you will be back soon.

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

My stay got off to a poor start. I arrived at one o'clock in the morning, and there was nowhere to park to check in or unload my very, very, heavy bags. So I had to park in the back and walk all the way around the building with my bags. There were lights, but I didn't feel safe. When I commented to the desk clerk that I was surprised there was nowhere to park to check in, he told me that folks routinely park in the spots reserved for check in. I asked if they considered towing or at least leaving notes on the vehicles, and he actually laughed at me. I guess he didn't think I was serious. He showed little concern for my safety. Also, the only thing I said I needed in a room was quiet. I had to call to the desk about after hours noise at the pool. It took more than 30 minutes for the noise to stop. Not sure if they actually did anything or the folks just left. Otherwise things were okay - nothing outstanding, nothing awful. There are plenty of other options in the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear srjh,

I certainly appreciate your feedback but please rest assured that your safety, and all our guests safety, is one of our top priorities. I certainly do understand your point of view however I promise you that we would take the necessary precautions if we felt our guests were in any way in an unsafe situation.

I have spoken with the associate you mentioned and he did misinterpret your conversation but he will be coached and counseled to ensure these situations are handled properly in the future. I am also sorry you experienced noise around the pool area after hours. This has been addressed with our team. I would love for you to give our property another chance so that we can show you what a wonderful property we have here at the Residence Inn Tampa Westshore. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

At you service,
Charles Angeles
Operations Manger
Ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com
813.877.7988
Llantwit Major, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel, was everything and more ,spotlessly clean excellent friendly staff. The free breakfast was good and the room was spacious and the bed was very very comfortable.
Will definitely stay in marriot again.

Room Tip: If you want a hotel with a bar and restaurant this is not for you, there are plenty of excellent res...