“Weekend stay at Residence Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #36 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Boston, Massachusetts
“Weekend stay at Residence Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am a Silver Elite Marriott Rewards member, and reserved using a AAA rate. Stayed during Memorial Day weekend to see the Red Sox play the Rays in St. Pete. The occupancy was high at the hotel due to a music festival held at the nearby stadium, so there was much foot traffic at the complimentary breakfast and in the lobby, however, this did not affect the high quality of our overall stay. The studio suite was spotless and comfortable. Our room was at the very end of a hallway, so did not hear any hallway noise at all. Did not utilize the kitchen cooktop or microwave, only the refrigerator for keeping spring water bottles cold and to store restaurant leftovers.

Green Features: No designated recycle bins/receptacles in guest room or lobby. Brought several empty plastic bottles to the reception desk to inquire; the associate took them to a recycle bin behind the reception desk area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Hello BrookieCat -

I was up at the desk when you were leaving. I remember because of your comments regarding recycle bins and us assisting you with your plastics. By the way...thank you for doing your part. I actually have a back seat in my jeep full of empty drinking bottles because I refuse to throw them away. I wait for the opportunity to put them in a proper recycling bin.

Thank you again for choosing Marriott and for staying at my Residence Inn Westshore.

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Second review of this location - another 3 week stay and RI didn't disappoint. Free breakfast, evening meals a couple nights a week, room always clean and well prep'd. Parking was a little crowded this trip but there are good options around the side. Walking distance to the mall and a lot of very good restaurants in the area.

Super friendly staff - no issues for our business team.

We will use this location again and again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Welcome back NYSAILORGAL

It has been a few years since your last review of our hotel and it is GREAT to know that we still do not disappoint. My sincerest apologies for the parking challenges. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment again on your stay. We are always here for you. We will see you next time.

Until then....enjoy life to its fullest.

Worcester, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Just returned from a 5 day stay at this location. First time in Tampa and easy to find from the airport. Before I begin I must say that I spent 10 years as a bellman, doorman and concierge at a large hotel in Boston in my working years. Check in was flawless, good greeting etc. She asked what we preferred and I said a quiet area of the hotel would be great, to which she assigned us to room 808. The room - clean, housekeeping should get a star, comfortable beds and pillows, almost all that one would ask for at home. Yes, there was a worn spot on the carpet and the key slot on the back entrance door was tricky to use but that was it. Every day when we returned, our room was made up perfectly, clean and neat. The morning breakfast while not 5 star was fine, if one wanted moms home cooking, stay home. The coffee was fresh and hot, the yogurt fruit cups were fresh and the muffins as well. My wife made me a waffle with fresh fruit on top that really started the day off. The hotel was very accommodating when I inquired about storing our luggage as we had a 8PM flight. I must say that this weekend they were very busy with young folks attending a concert in Tampa, but that did not deter the front desk from smiling and being pleasant when I inquired. Actually they were all the time we stayed there as well. This location was so easy to find and return to the airport that I would not think about staying anyplace else on a return visit. International Plaza is a short distance away and has some great shops and restaurants to visit. The exterior of the property was clean and well maintained as was the pool area. Plenty of towels by the pool to use and deposit too. Noise level, I did not hear anything from outside, nor did I hear other rooms as well. On Thursday the hotel cleaned the carpets on our floor, every room and hallway. When we got off the elevator about 2PM a man came over and presently told us to be careful as the carpets might be a bit wet and to keep the AC on for a couple of hours. Not a problem and there was no smell so we were happy.

Hello LaurenceJ -

Welcome to Tampa! Thank you so much for choosing our Residence Inn Westshore for your first hotel experience in Tampa. I am so happy we did not let you down and that your stay was so enjoyable. There a lot of fantastic restaurants in the area and many are local flavors. We are only 40 minutes from the beach and 45 minutes to Orlando. If you are looking for a place somewhere in the middle we are definitely where you would want to be. I hope you will be back soon.

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

My stay got off to a poor start. I arrived at one o'clock in the morning, and there was nowhere to park to check in or unload my very, very, heavy bags. So I had to park in the back and walk all the way around the building with my bags. There were lights, but I didn't feel safe. When I commented to the desk clerk that I was surprised there was nowhere to park to check in, he told me that folks routinely park in the spots reserved for check in. I asked if they considered towing or at least leaving notes on the vehicles, and he actually laughed at me. I guess he didn't think I was serious. He showed little concern for my safety. Also, the only thing I said I needed in a room was quiet. I had to call to the desk about after hours noise at the pool. It took more than 30 minutes for the noise to stop. Not sure if they actually did anything or the folks just left. Otherwise things were okay - nothing outstanding, nothing awful. There are plenty of other options in the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear srjh,

I certainly appreciate your feedback but please rest assured that your safety, and all our guests safety, is one of our top priorities. I certainly do understand your point of view however I promise you that we would take the necessary precautions if we felt our guests were in any way in an unsafe situation.

I have spoken with the associate you mentioned and he did misinterpret your conversation but he will be coached and counseled to ensure these situations are handled properly in the future. I am also sorry you experienced noise around the pool area after hours. This has been addressed with our team. I would love for you to give our property another chance so that we can show you what a wonderful property we have here at the Residence Inn Tampa Westshore. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

At you service,
Charles Angeles
Operations Manger
Ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com
813.877.7988
Llantwit Major, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel, was everything and more ,spotlessly clean excellent friendly staff. The free breakfast was good and the room was spacious and the bed was very very comfortable.
Will definitely stay in marriot again.

Room Tip: If you want a hotel with a bar and restaurant this is not for you, there are plenty of excellent res...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear jacquelinebamburgh

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Anyday we exceed someones expcetations is a GREAT day. We look forward to having you back at our Residence Inn Tampa Westshore in the near future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

dark ,dingy, dirty first impression ,switched to another marriot never seen one so run done, Staff okay,but not usual service, I'll never stay there...........................................................................

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Hello Debbie T

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our hotel. Although i was not there the evening you were scheduled to arrive my front desk team informed me of your challenges. I am very sorry you decided to leave before actually checking into the hotel. My team informed me that you were not aware that our Residence Inn was pet friendly and that when we were unable to guarnanteee you a room that a pet had NEVER been in so you decided to cancel your reservatin for that night. Just so you are aware all of Marriott's Residence Inn's are pet friendly so when looking for a hotel in the future for you and your family be sure to consider this as I was made aware that you do have children with severe allergies.

I am also very sorry that my team did not provide you the excellent service you have come to know when staying at Marriott hotels. You mentioned that they were "ok, but not usual service." I was under the impression that even after my team happily canceled your reservation, several hours after the deadline and at no charge, that they even offererd to get on the phone and find you another hotel that would meet your needs. I am very sorry if this level of service did not meet or exceed your needs.

In addition I am sorry that your first impression of our property was not a pleasant one. Although we had our rooms renovated only six years ago and our lobby five years ago you will be pleased to learn we are on track with Marriott’s high standards to complete another renovation by the end of this year. Thank you once again and I hope that you will be inclined to give our property another try in the future.

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise. It was about 3 miles from the port and about 3 miles from the Causeway where there a lots of restaurants to choose from with an ocean view. The kids loved the pool and basketball area at the hotel.

We had plenty of room and the complimentary breakfast in the morning was great.

This could easily be a convenient hotel to stay multiple nights if you want to explore the Tampa/Clearwater area.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room near the pool and breakfast buffet, which helped save us quite a bit of t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hello AmberG8R -

Thank you so much for the review of our Residence Inn. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found it to be such a great value. Next time you come to town we will have to recommend a few other restaurants to you. Clearwater Beaches are only about 40 minutes away. We hope to see you soon.

ri.tpaws.gm@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!