“Great weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Austin, Texas
“Great weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I took advantage of the senior discount at this clean, well-run hotel near International Plaza, the airport, and Raymond James Stadium. My room was actually a two-bedroom suite with full kitchen at the lowest rate. The breakfast was hot eggs and sausage, cold cereals, make-your-own waffles, yogurts, etc. very well-organized and kept supplied. My bathroom sink drained slowly, so I told the front desk and the next time I used it, the sink drained quickly. I could have walked to the stadium for the football game I came for, but there is an outside transportation company offering rides for $5.00! It's walking distance (100 - 200 yards) to lots of great restaurants like Eddie V's, Flemings, LeeRoy Selmon's, etc. I will stay here again and again on future Tampa visits.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room next to pool. I would choose farther from pool where some late-night partie...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear AustinDAP,

Thank you for the great review! I really appreciate you taking your time and giving us such great feedback about our property. We do our best to ensure a great stay for all of our guests and are definitely one of the most convenient properties for Bucs or USF football games. We look forward to your next visit.

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Recently stayed 2 nights at the Tampa Residence Inn Westhore Airport. I have stayed at other Westhore properties including the Marriott, Renaissance, Hilton (across the street from Res Inn), Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites. I liked the location of this property and it was well kept, clean, staff was personable, free parking, free breakfast and free small dinner at night. The room was really a suite, kitchen, microwave, full fridge, sink, table for 2, desk, couch, tv and balcony. In a seperate room was the bed, another tv and off the bedroom was the bathroom with shower. Everything worked and was in good shape. I always enjoy it when there is an accessable balcony.
Took advantage of both the free breakfast and the nightly dinner. Breakast was fine - egss, oatmeal, muffins, juice, coffee, ham. I thought it was on the top end of free breakfasts. Their dinner menu changes nightly and on Monday the main item was rice and beans. Not really a fan of it but enjoyed a large salad. On Tuesday they had burgers, hot dogs and baked beans with salad. Again it was just ok but hey it's free!!
Major pluses for convencience to 2 malls - West Shore and International, the airport, Raymond James Stadium and even convenient to downtown. Most of my "business" was actually in St. Pete/ Ulmberton Road area and it was super convenient 15 minutes drive.
The West Shore area is very mixed - high end hotels and restuarants (Roy's, Ruth Chris, Fleming, etc) mixed in with a few adult strip clubs. I felt safe and comfortable but would use caution walking alone at night.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Orlando Dude,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of our property. It is great to hear that our complementary full breakfast buffet, hospitality and spacious suites were up to your standards. My team and I sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and we are looking forward to having you as a guest again soon.

Erika Gomez
Residence Inn Tampa Westshore
P813.877.7988
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for the saints/bucks game 10/15/13 . The hotel is close to the airport, close to the stadium, plenty of places to eat. If you're just in for a quick game trip, you won't need a car. You can walk to just about everything.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear meyermichael1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about our location and local area. It is great to hear that you enjoyed you stay and that your team won, however, being from the Tampa Bay Area I am sure you can understand if I do not get too excited. We are looking forward to playing you again on December 29th and redeeming ourselves.

Erika Gomez
Residence Inn Tampa Westshore
P813.877.7988
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel is directly across from International Plaza. It is in the middle of everything and far from nothing. The staff are awesome. I prepaid our room. We arrived at 8:00 PM. We had to call to clarify the GPS directions. The staff guided us right to the door. They had everything ready and waiting upon our arrival. The girl at the front desk made us feel right at home and was very kind always. The business center is very nice and private. The breakfast buffet is clean and nicely arranged. The breakfast staff speak limited english but aim to please. The kitchen in the one bedrooms are nice. Our room was always cleaned and replenished. We will stay here again and look forward to our return.

Room Tip: Top Floor , Facing the mall, End of the hall away from the elevators..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lrrewardsmember,

“Awesome” is the word we like to hear when a guest is referring to our staff. Thank you for the encouraging words about our team and our property. Our front desk staff takes pride in knowing the area and being able to show a high level of customer service to our guests. I also appreciate the feedback about our rooms, breakfast and business center. It is great to hear when our hard work pays off. Thanks again for your comments and hope to see you soon.

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Almost all of our stays at Residence Inns have been enjoyable, but I think this one in Tampa (Westshore) is one of the nicest. Seems to be a newer property. Kitchen area is roomy & modern. We did not use the pool due to stormy weather, but looked at it from our room and it seemed to be a little small for the size of hotel. I really liked the layout of the bedrooms with an adjoining bathroom for each.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear GODisGOOD2me,

Thank you for the commendation of our property. We are extremely proud of our property and our team enjoys hearing the feedback. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you in the future.

Enterprise, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very nice and enjoyable stay. I had doubts when I initially checked in because the girl at the front desk was very short and in a hurry to get me out of her face. But, none the less, the rest of the staff was very pleasant. I was very surprised to have a kitchen and living room area. It was very nice. I wish I had my family there to enjoy it with me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi vglindsey,

“The most import guest is the one that is standing in front of you.” This is our motto and we take it very seriously. For whatever reasons our associate was short with you, rest assured this is not the norm for our property. We would love to have you back again to show you the exceptional service we can provide.

At your service,

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was here on an extended stay and found it to be an excellent choice. The front desk and housekeeping staff is superior. Very helpful and accommodating. Location of hotel is great close to airport and local activities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
TeeBee1953 -

Thank you. I am very pleased to learn that you were one of our extended stay guests and that your stay was as it should have been, GREAT!

I have worked as a General Manager of Residence Inn's for over 13 years. I must admit this is my favorite location to date. As you stated we are close to the airport. We have 3 restaurants in our parking lot and about another 50 within 5 miles. Being directly across the street from International Plaza certainly is beneficial to my extended stay guests. There is so much to do and we are so conveniently located.

Thank you again and if you find yourself in Tampa, short or long term, be sure to look us up.

Donald Feith
ri.tpaws.gm@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!