“My new favorite place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“My new favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel of this class. Property kept extremely clean. Front desk staff is very friendly and welcoming. Specially Ahniela... Breakfast area is one of the best. Fresh fruit (blueberries, oranges, apples, and bananas) in addition to all the other hot and cold items. This stay was during several events in town and they handled groups well. Parking is adequate. I actually stayed here twice in the same week/ weekend. Second time back was upgraded to a suite which was very nice and spacious. I'll be back to this place and highly recommend to others when in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Onod123 -

Knowing that we are your new favorite place is exciting and I know that Ahyniela will be just as excited to learn that she played a big part. I will be sure to pass on your kind words. Thank you for takng the time to complete this review of our Residence Inn and also fo recommending us to others.

ri.tpaws.gm@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tuckahoe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The room was amazing and clean.
the girl who took care of me at the front desk was named Yube. She was warm,inviting and made me feel welcome.
The hotel was excellent in every way.
this is defeineteky the hotel that I am going to use when visiting Tampa from e here on in.

Room Tip: Ask for Yube at the front desk. she was awesome!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Paul D.

I sincerely appreciate your comments regarding your "Excellent" stay at our Residence Inn. I would say that I shared your comments with my team, and specifically Yube, however they are getting better than I am at checking TripAdvisor for reviews. If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

We look forward to you making your next reservation at our hotel.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We've stayed at this location at least 3 times in the last 11 yrs and it still looks beuatiful.
No complaints at all. We love it because it includes a full breakfast buffet.
Price is VERY reasonable.
Anytime we travel, we always try to stay at a residence inn and we've never been disappointed.
Oh, and there's TON's of great restaurants within a 2 mile radius.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013

And WE LOVE YOU! Return guests are the best. When you keep coming back for more we know that we are doing it right. The next time you come I have no doubt that we will have even more great restaurants. See you next time!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this Residence Inn for four nights, it was incredible from checking to check out. Breakfast was outstanding and the best part, it was complimentary!!
I can't wait for my next assignment, I will most defenetly stay here again..

• Stayed May 2013
Good afternoon Hj0122 -

We can not wait for your next assignment either. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again. I promise to keep the breakfast complimentary.

Thank you!

South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

From start to finish everything was great - and full credit needs to be given to Yupe at the front desk for making the stay wonderful! In all my years of travel, she is by far the best I have ever dealt with.

I travel frequently, and highly recommend staying here. You will not be disappointed. There is a large mall across the street, and lots to do nearby. Again, 5 stars!

Room Tip: I recommend the two bedroom suite.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks Ted Y.

I have shared your comments with members of my team and, of course, Yube. I really appreciate it when people take the time to review my hotel but I love it when they have such a great experience that one of my team gets their name in print. It is exciting for everyone.

See you next time.

Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel to visit Cigar City tasting room and Cigar City Brewpub. The location of this hotel is perfect. Lots of places to eat and close to Tampa's Attractions. The tasting room was a short safe walk away from the hotel.

We got to Tampa 3 hours ahead of time so thought we'd stop by to scope out the hotel and its surroundings. They offered to check us in early which some places can get strict about. It was a hassle free check in and hassle free check out. The staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful.

The hotel is well kept and I loved the inside. It is nice and clean and when walking through the hall on the 5th floor to the room, it had sort of a town house feel with the pretty white doors.

We stayed in a Queen suite which was the perfect size. I loved the kitchenette with the Full Size Fridge, Dish Washer, and Sink. Also loved that the fact they we could cook in the room with the full size microwave and the double burners built into the beautiful countertops. The room was spotless when we checked in. I loved the full size closet with sliding mirror doors. Loved the look and feel of the room.

The price of the room included complementary breakfast which I did take advantage of. Scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, breads and bagels, muffins, cereals, waffles, oatmeal with topping options, fruit, and a couple of other things. My only complaint is that they started taking the food away an hour before breakfast was over (but I only stayed for one night so maybe this isn't the normal routine. I guess I don't blame them considering how messy some people are. It must take them hours to completely clean up) I do recommend getting there early anyways.

The pool area is nice and we also saw that they have small basketball court which is just a nice added bonus. For extended stays, they also do grocery delivery which is just so convenient.

All in all, this hotel is great and we plan to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Lauren -

Great Hotel Great Location GREAT GUESTS LIKE YOURSELF!

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am embarrassed to say that for years I did not even know Cigar City was located only blocks from my hotel. Once I became aware of their existence I was surprised just how many people stay with me that visit that location.

I look forward to having you back hopefully in the near future.

Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

As always, this Residence Inn was perfect. Besides the usual clean and spacious rooms, comfortable bed, and great breakfast, this one was in the best location in Tampa- close to the airport, Downtown, and the beautiful malls. Definitely deserves a return visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Jenbflohr -

AND WE CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE YOU BACK!

As I have mentioned in other responses I have done, I am very appreciative of the guests that take the time to share their comments regarding my hotel and my team. It is really good to see the first time reviewers. I can't help but think that their experience was so memorable, at this Residence Inn by Marriott, that they had to write their first review. Just the same I am equally as pleased to know that we were able to WOW a veteran reviewer such as yourself.

See you again soon.

ri.tpaws.gm@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!