“Residence in quality close to airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #37 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Charlotte, NC
“Residence in quality close to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night only as we had an early morning flight and wanted to be close to the airport. We got exactly what we wanted. Got in late and were upgraded to a 2BR unit which was great as we both could take showers quickly. Only a 5 minute ride to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear DGStravels,

Thanks so much for your review. It’s great to hear that even though you had a short stay you got exactly what you wanted. We hope to see you again soon!

Operations Manger
ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Butler, Alabama, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed 3 days while attending our grandaughter's High School Graduation. The hotel is centrally located for many of Tampa's attractions. The room was clean and the staff very friendly and accomodating. They offered a full breakfast that would satisfy children and adults regardless of age. Two resturants are just accross the parking lot. Leroy Selmons which is a sports bar and resturant and Flemings which is an upscale resturant and reservations are recommended. This is our 2nd stay at this facility because of its location and friendly staff.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor away from elevators
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you Mr. Little for your wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again for your 3rd stay at our hotel. Next time you are guest please look me up. I would like to put a face with the name.

donald.feith@marriott.com
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was recently at the Westshore Residence Inn for a month-long stay. Overall, the stay was good. I would not consider this Residence Inn among the better ones I have stayed at, but it was acceptable.

comments:

The elevator enterance at the lobby was a but dirty outside. Wallpaper can in fact be cleaned and this should be done as it set an impression.

On an extended stay, the cleaning staff should replace the schedule for the meals for the following month. Also, attention to some details such as replacing the popcorn or coffee would be nice. I didn't care much, but noted it took 4 days before that was restocked. Otherwise the cleaning staff was quite good.

I wasn't a big fan of the waffle batter (whole wheat, I think?), otherwise breakfast was good and the few evening meals I had, while basic, were good. I liked the yogurt/granola cups.

A lack of a channel guide or services guide in the room (that I could find) was annoying. The TV had it's glitches, but was fine overall. Newer RI's have connectivity to the TV for external devices. Not here.

There was some wear/aging apparent around the bathroom mirror and the toilet can plug very easily (from seeing the hotel service engineer with a plunger a number of times, it seems to be an issue).

I did have a USB battery pack go missing. I am *not* saying it was taken, but I never could find where it went (never took it out of the room). Might have ended up in the couch (forget to check cushins...)

The staff was very friendly, and helpful. Overall it was a nice stay.

I am currently staying at the Residence Inn in downtown Tampa and will follow-up witha review on that shortly (not at all as pleased with Downtown)...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Michael F,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and reviewing our hotel. It is great to hear the good (and the bad) comments about our property from one of our extended stay guest and seasoned traveler. We value your opinion and please rest assured that your comments will be used as a teaching moment at our Residence Inn. We would love for you to stay with us again if your travels keep you here in the Tampa Bay area. Please contact me with any questions you may have.

At your service,

813.877.7988
ri.tpaws.ops@Marriott.com
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family vacationed one night here, as we wanted to be close to some of the Tampa attractions. While the hotel is in a terrific location, I couldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. I will note that the hotel credited us bonus points on the card, but it wasn't enough to overcome our stay.

Upon check-in, even though it is noted that my preferences are for a high floor, refrigerator, allergy free pillows and away from an elevator, we were placed into a first floor location. Our reservation was made more than a month before our stay. After not being pleased at the proposed location, I made my way back to front lobby to speak with a manager. She eventually placed us next to an elevator on a higher floor. We brought up our suitcases and then headed out for the evening.

When the couch was unrolled it smelled like vomit. I called housekeeping and they came up to clean up the mess. I called to see if they had another room (the answer was no). They apologized, as the room now smelled like vomit and disinfectant. They somehow found a replacement couch but by not my stay was spoiled. The next morning they credited us for the stay and added bonus points. How could housekeeping have missed this? No quality control??

I will never stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Upper floor facing the mall - away from the pool and the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Owen A,

I am very disappointed to hear that was not at all what it should have been. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service as well as a very clean property.

We are typically very successful in accommodating our guest’s special requests however, on occasion and typically due to simply non availability, we fall short. I assure you that this is rare. Many times it comes down to trying to determine which requests are more important to the guest knowing that we cannot fill all of them. I am extremely sorry that we failed you in the cleanliness of your room. There is absolutely no excuse for this and hope that you view this as an isolated incident. This in no way reflects the cleanliness of our property as can been seen in the other TripAdvisor reviews.

I would love for you to give our property another chance so that we can show you the level of service and cleanliness we can and do provide on a daily basis. Please feel free to contact me at the information below.

813.877.7988
ri.tpaws.ops@Marriott.com
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed 3 days over This month. Location is very convenient and you get what you expect from a Residence Inn. Clean room, and friendly staff with a great food for breakfast buffet. This is our second time staying here, I love the housekeepers they are exceptional!! The Housekeeping manager was very helpful and friendly with my family, I love stay at Residence Inn!! believe me we'll stay next year a gain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hello Yankee s

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel again and I am pleased to know you had another memorable experience. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team at our monring meeting.

Until next time,

Morgantown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I will not stay here ever again, the hotel is not being cleaned very well. In my room(707) there was dirt all over the rugs, rust stains in the bathroom, the overall appearance was very dirty. There also appeared to be lots a damage to the walls both inside and out. The windows in the rooms are not sound proof so if you are on the pool side of the building you will get to here a lot of people having fun by the pool.

I ate the free breakfast just once, you are better off just skipping it, I paid for it later.

The front desk staff is very nice, the location is close to the airport so the hotel is not a complete waste.

Room Tip: wear socks in the room, the carpets are nasty. the pool side of the hotel is a little noisy at n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Good Afternoon RyanS1

It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone and I am very apperciative of the additional details surrounding your stay. I am pleased that after our conversation you have decided to return to my hotel and although I sincerely hope your next experience is more positive I ask you to please share any issues with me personally and I will resolve them immediately.

I have spoken with my Executive Housekeeper regarding the "dirt all over the rugs" or as you cleared it up to be, heavy dust around the edges of the carpet, and she is committed to make this a focus for her team. She also has been working on the damaged walls or the scuff marks from the luggage. The one damaged spot you mentioned to me outside of the hotel has been addressed and although it was patched we are simply waiting for the color match paint to arrive. Also, we did locate some rust around the overflow plate located in the tub and my maintenance team is taking care of this today.

In addition I would like to invite you to enjoy our breakfast, with me, upon your return. Our eggs are 100% real (not powdered) and we have meats, pototoes, Belgian Waffles, yogurts, cereals, breads, juices, milks and fresh fruit.

Thank you.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in anticipation of my early morning flight. The location was great for the airport and would be fine if using for business travel when visiting a nearby office. I would not stay here for a vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear CWGators,

I want to personally thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your business trip and I would like to invite you and your family to try our hotel for your next leisure trip. Our Residence Inn is located just 20 minutes from Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. We are centrally located between the beaches and Disney World. For those who love animals, we're just 15 minutes from Lowry Park Zoo which is one of the top 10 zoos in the US. In fact, it was ranked #1 for children in 2009. On the other hand, If you just want to shop and have a great social time, International Mall Plaza is your best choice with the most distinctive shopping and dining destination of Florida's West Coast, and it is Just across the street from us.

CWGators, thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Erika Gomez
Ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!